Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
discontinued soon just means in about 2 weeks it will go ptm which is around another 4 weeks so seems about right that you wont get them late December anymore.

Yeah, 3-4 different ones. Because fuck making things easy. o_O

I think having more than 1 DPCI makes things easier. Many dolls, doll clothes, action figures, ect. are assortments that share a DPCI. Try explaining to a guest that tells you "it says online that you have it" that while we may have 10 of a certain toy NONE of them may be the one that they want. Plus the only way to tell is to go to the backroom and check. :(

These are no longer available for flex fills on Target.com. Thank God!
Is it just because it's sold out? Or is this a permanent change for the season? And does it extend to SFS?

while it is good to make a sale right then and there, you have to as a business owner thing of the bigger picture. By selling them to flippers/resellers we are hurting ourselves in the long run. guests will shop elsewhere and if upset enough maybe never come back at all and this will impact future growth in sales. A loyal shopper is more valuable and if you dont sell to a reseller they will still come back even if you treat them horribly. Top toy items will always sell there is no risk in it not selling :)

I cannot argue with most of the points made by you and others against my mixed feelings about this situation. I see both sides and appreciate your point of view.

I will say, top toy items do NOT always sell. Remember the Zoomer Dino from two years ago? All Targets in our area had so many of the Dinos (because the Zoomer Puppy the year before had been a smash hit) ready for the holiday season - it was even front page in the Toy Book and featured Black Friday. But it never took off. I don't recall the exact number, but I bet we had 30+ on hand for Black Friday and I doubt we even sold 5. It was a running joke with the stock team because they sat in back for nearly 4 months, idle. Not sure what ever happened to them - I know they didn't sell full price.

We get constant calls for the hatchlings. I am so glad I am not an electronics/sales floor TM lol. We don't have in stock and none of the other targets in our area have them in stock.

I got a bunch in the other day. I was told by an ETL that people were allowed to FA two, but anything more than that we had to cancel. I pulled 3 orders for them before 8am and then after that it was lowered to 1 per customer.

But all the orders I did wanted to blue and purple ones. Are those the only ones you can order for FAs, or is it just the popular color?

Since the Hatchimals' release, I've never even seen those toys. Had to look them up. Had to process a couple FA orders, which were all cancelled. Unless we can find physical proof that we recieved them, we update the counts to zero to avoid running into the issue.

I also look forward to coming into 100+ FA orders this holiday. :rolleyes:

Since the Hatchimals' release, I've never even seen those toys. Had to look them up. Had to process a couple FA orders, which were all cancelled. Unless we can find physical proof that we recieved them, we update the counts to zero to avoid running into the issue.

I also look forward to coming into 100+ FA orders this holiday. :rolleyes:
It has been removed from fa.

Well, somehow our shipment disappeared out of existence. When I checked Saturday, it was scheduled to arrive November 3rd. Checked today. On the way? Now listed as 0.

Never seen a delivery unship itself before...o_O
It could have been on the way to the DC.

I have a team member who tells people to come back or call on truck days. Im like "Noooooooo....it shows we aren't getting any in stock. If we were, id show up on mydevice" I know it can be wrong but never promise something you dont physically have. So said person comes in while Im covering electronics and I have to explain why we don't have any, wont be getting any this week and that I cant promise another store has the 1 in stock. :eek:

Hypothetically speaking, how much pandemonium would come from a TM just altering the inventory via MyDevice to list we have a few Hatchimals? It occurred to me today anyone can do that, and then I started thinking about the droves of angry moms descending into the store like irate vultures and panicked TMs worries about a potential lost shipment...

Hypothetically speaking, how much pandemonium would come from a TM just altering the inventory via MyDevice to list we have a few Hatchimals? It occurred to me today anyone can do that, and then I started thinking about the droves of angry moms descending into the store like irate vultures and panicked TMs worries about a potential lost shipment...
Just update the on-hands to show 10+ of each. I don't know who would kill that TM first...angry parents, LOD, or the backroom/SFS teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back