Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fix It

Former Property Management Lizard
Since the only area dedicated to us here is an old SFT “how to” thread, I thought I’d get something started. I figured this would be a good place for other TM’s to ask questions too, such as:

-Who is a PMT?
-What do you guys actually do?
-Why do you just walk around all day?
-Why does a PMT do/not do certain things?
-Why do YOU get weekends off?

I’ll get the ball rolling. Did any of you get bounce back checklists from your groups for Q1 still?

And has anyone ordered checklane counter tops before? Any fitting issues when you got them?

Our group sent bounce back guides. For the record, my PMT is awesome.

A.S.A.N.T.S.

My guy was awesome.
He always helped out in every way he could and I would have never have gotten the TV wall done without him.

I guess the job has changed a lot since I was working so I'm not going to be good for current answers to your questions.

We have a good one now. My old store our PMT was 18, so immature and anytime someone challenged him for loafing he threatened he would coach them. So glad he got fired for never doing his work orders.

I don't think anyone is going to fight PMT's for their holidays off or set schedules with no weekends. In other companies the position pays better so it's the least Target could do for you guys with all the crap, vendors and cleaning crews you have to deal with.

And when you guys put out stuff to get rid of the ice on the sidewalk, you da real MVP

Our PMT yelled at me one time. It was one of the most frightening experiences in my career with Spot so far.

is this a reference to the office.

A.S.A.N.T.S.

My guy was awesome.
He always helped out in every way he could and I would have never have gotten the TV wall done without him.

I guess the job has changed a lot since I was working so I'm not going to be good for current answers to your questions.

Ugh same. It took me, the PMT, and PPTL to do the TV wall (mostly because I never did it before and she's weak)

Honestly our PMT does an amazing job. He's ex-PPTL so he understands and is more than willing to help with shit.

I tried that 3M film shit on the counters once and it came out awful. Thankfully a short time later they all got replaced through CBAR.

We’re you trained to use it by a 3m rep? It’s good for certain things. Countertops aren’t a great use for it because it scratches far easier than laminate

The quote is, yes, but no, I actually did get yelled at by our PMT because I was pulling an empty flat instead of pushing it.

That’s lame. He’s on a power trip, nobody minds push/pull with flats at my store. Scratch the floor with a pallet jack after I’ve talked to you once... you gonna get it.

I don't think anyone is going to fight PMT's for their holidays off or set schedules with no weekends. In other companies the position pays better so it's the least Target could do for you guys with all the crap, vendors and cleaning crews you have to deal with.

And when you guys put out stuff to get rid of the ice on the sidewalk, you da real MVP

Kind of. Other places pay more but you’re going to have the same job but with multiple stores. I came from a construction background and it wasn’t uncommon to find out one guy managed 10 stores and their contractor budgets were off the chart compared to Spot.

And here I am up to my eyeballs with work orders for one store. It’s a pretty plush gig for the field of work.

I’ve had some success with the 3M film in some areas but others not so much. We are challenged on visits to do it for some older assets but have little training on it. I want to do it on some doors but afraid it will end up looking like crap.

Now they are actually rolling out a training session as we have a training day in March. Like that’s something they should have done a year ago.

Nah, to my knowledge they never came out to my area.

I was sent to a class so I could teach my district. It’s worse prep work than painting, but it looks good if it’s done right. Heat guns are life savers and worst enemies with that stuff.

I was sent to a class so I could teach my district. It’s worse prep work than painting, but it looks good if it’s done right. Heat guns are life savers and worst enemies with that stuff.
How far did you travel for the class? I see all these photos posted on the sphere, then I watch the damn videos and try it myself and it comes out looking like ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back