Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re about to have a PMT-sized opening at my store because our current one is in need of a fix himself (work order pending) and apparently he’s screwed up enough to have the Eye of Sauron gazing at him all the way from Minneapolis. I’m definitely not qualified enough to consider applying but word on da streets is our GSTL is going to interview for the position. Works for me because he fixed my car for free not too long ago. I hope it works out for him because it’ll be a fat raise and you get the coveted immunity from “I need all red & khaki to the front for ______” and he can hang out in the PMT cage during Black Friday. Fingers crossed!

We’re about to have a PMT-sized opening at my store because our current one is in need of a fix himself (work order pending) and apparently he’s screwed up enough to have the Eye of Sauron gazing at him all the way from Minneapolis. I’m definitely not qualified enough to consider applying but word on da streets is our GSTL is going to interview for the position. Works for me because he fixed my car for free not too long ago. I hope it works out for him because it’ll be a fat raise and you get the coveted immunity from “I need all red & khaki to the front for ______” and he can hang out in the PMT cage during Black Friday. Fingers crossed!
You can do it. Get outta here with that not qualified bullshit

What’s the worst thing that happens? They say no? Just throw in an app

Do signing tm have access to order stuff from grainger or is that only for PMT/TL?

Do signing tm have access to order stuff from grainger or is that only for PMT/TL?

I think signing is the only TM with SAP access. Like @theissueoftissue said search Grainger on there and click “buy from supplier”

Just have someone else order it? Store side accounts are the same, just PMT is different

What does PMT’s iPad do? Is it like those tablets in Westworld where you can tap a button and make everything in the store freeze/unfreeze?
We have a bunch of different apps. We can maintain the LED lights, open/close work orders, read and send emails, check on HVAC/Refrigeration, look for part numbers and manuals, and then there’s yammer...

We have a bunch of different apps. We can maintain the LED lights, open/close work orders, read and send emails, check on HVAC/Refrigeration, look for part numbers and manuals, and then there’s yammer...

That's pretty cool but I would freak out if I were to ever lose one.

and then there’s yammer...

Some PMTs work, others chat about working lol

What does PMT’s iPad do? Is it like those tablets in Westworld where you can tap a button and make everything in the store freeze/unfreeze?

@theissueoftissue summed it up, it’s HQs idea of keeping us wireless and efficient even though I still need a computer once or twice a day. It’s got a bulky case on it so it works as a hammer in a pinch

That's pretty cool but I would freak out if I were to ever lose one.

Every app on it that matters requires password input every so often. We can see almost everything FMOC sees but we don’t have the power to change anything from the iPad. The iPad is closer to a display and diagnostic tool rather than a controller. I don’t see how anyone could benifit from stealing a PMT iPad since a lot of basic functions are locked out of it.

I wish I could edit some of tLs attributes like you can in Westworld. This would solve problems. Note I said TLs not TMs. If I can get rid of the idiots I work with, the TMs would be fine.

Every app on it that matters requires password input every so often. We can see almost everything FMOC sees but we don’t have the power to change anything from the iPad. The iPad is closer to a display and diagnostic tool rather than a controller. I don’t see how anyone could benifit from stealing a PMT iPad since a lot of basic functions are locked out of it.
People steal the display laptops and the display coffee pots. So I dont think Benefit is what is going through their mind.

People steal the display laptops and the display coffee pots. So I dont think Benefit is what is going through their mind.

I should have worded it differently, the store wouldn’t be compromised because one of our iPads were stolen.

My store is ULV ultra high crime. People steal everything often times for no real reason

First week of being a new PMT in a store that didn't have one for 6 months. There is a lot to catch up on. Covering PMTs in the district trashed my office, damaged some equipment, and didn't bother putting tools back where they belong or seem to have returned to their store with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back