Archived You know what bothers me the most

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha we had a hardlines tm tell a guest to go check the sidecap. She was like TF is that?

Also just say discontinued to a guest instead of d code.

It kinda bothers me when I'm zoning and a guest is standing right next to me/behind me. I'll ask them if they're finding everything okay and small talk, and they're okay. It just bothers me, especially at a folding table, because I don't want them to mess it up as I'm zoning. It just makes me feel anxious. But most of the time the guest will (or try to) fold the item correctly, which makes me feel better.

I don't know why, but it also bothers me when I say hello to a guest and then they cut me off to ask a question, without saying hello back. Sometimes at the fitting room I will ask a guest how many items they have, and they say hi to me, but I say hi back. To me, it's rude when you don't say hi back.

"That item is over in stationary."

Just say office supplies!!

It bothers me when guests want to talk to THE store manager and don't understand that they get days off and they can talk to the manager that is working right now. I promise they will pass your message along if it's important....

IMO whoemver is LOD that day is THE store manager so that's what I convey to guests. There is no option of talking to anyone else.
I never tell them it isn't but some are very adamant about talking to the store manager and even quiz the LOD about who they are and what they do. Most recently had a female guest that wanted to talk to a manager that wasn't female. Surprise, all the ETLs and SrTls on duty that day were female!

Had an STL that actually wore pigtails! I shit you not!! Guest wanted to speak to "THE manager, the head person, no peons" So I called her up. The guest took one look, laughed and said HELL NO and left! Actually made my day. She just said what we all thought....
Ha!

Sometimes you're in the heat of the moment on a busy ass weekend with multiple callouts, it's not that you do it on purpose, it's just what you know.. At my store the regs are familiar with targetese you would think they were undercover... Not a big deal.

It bothers me when guests want to talk to THE store manager and don't understand that they get days off and they can talk to the manager that is working right now. I promise they will pass your message along if it's important....
Guest: I want to speak to the manager!
GSTL: I am the manager!
Guest: no you are not, I want a manager!
*goes and gets cart attendant*
Cart Attendant: yes im the manager!
Guest: ok good

i always made sure to myself not to talk target lingo to guests.

i think many people know what is stationery; ready to wear amd front lanes, not so much.

Some of the male STL' s get questioned if they are the store manager bevause they are young looking and dressed in a red polo,shirt with khaki pants, just like regular team members.

There was this one female STL who wore tight clothes. One day I summoned the stl over to a guest O was with. As the Stl approached us, the guest turned to me and asked if she is the store manager. Although she was smiling, you could tell the STL was thinking something like, of course i am!

We get people who demand to talk to the DTL. My favorite is when management refuses to deal with guests who ask to speak to them. Many times guests want someone with more authority than the GSTL. My ETL-GE is amazing when dealing with guests (and TMs). He is very firm and has this sense of humor where he can make people feel absolutely stupid. Guests love to complain about him, and our no-nonsense older GSTL. Once a guest said the woman at guest service should not be working at our store because she was nasty and rude. I was confused, because a male was working the desk that day. Come to find out it was the GSTL covering his break. I told the guest that woman is the manager. Her face...

to be fair sometimes I accidentally do it. like the other day I told the guest a softlines team member could help them, they looked confused and I remembered that the guest doesn't know what softlines is

Haha we had a hardlines tm tell a guest to go check the sidecap. She was like TF is that?

Also just say discontinued to a guest instead of d code.

Discontinue is still too complicated for some guests. I just say we are gonna no longer carry the product.

Yeah, unfortunately I say stationary and seasonal to guests on accident...especially with BTS.
This just reminded me of all the guests that think that school and office supplies are permanently in seasonal and they come in when it's not back to school time looking for school and office supplies back there.

wait..... what's wrong with talking target lingo with guests? a lot of my guests understand when i tell them it's in stationary or seasonal or even when i say "it's in A block" and if they dont understand that we explain that each section of the store has a letter. we show them where they're currently at (ex. if they were in D block, we show them this is D34) so then we just show them the way to A block. lol i must be a horrible person. i do on occasions say "it's in open market" and guests will look at me weird and then i have to remind myself that guests dont understand that so i just say it's in produce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back