Archived You know what bothers me the most

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait..... what's wrong with talking target lingo with guests? a lot of my guests understand when i tell them it's in stationary or seasonal or even when i say "it's in A block" and if they dont understand that we explain that each section of the store has a letter. we show them where they're currently at (ex. if they were in D block, we show them this is D34) so then we just show them the way to A block. lol i must be a horrible person. i do on occasions say "it's in open market" and guests will look at me weird and then i have to remind myself that guests dont understand that so i just say it's in produce.

Honestly saying a block, b block, c block, isn't that confusing. I think the OP was referring to people who would say "MMB" instead of music movies books or "infant hardlines"

It bothers me when guests use their phone to call the store to ask your help finding something... when they're already in the store. Um, that's what the red phones and call boxes are for if there's no TM around you.

Also, when guests call the store and you can't understand a word they're saying and you feel bad that you have to ask them to repeat their question a couple times (and hoping they don't hang up).

Some of these phrases and words aren't used in my store ... or I just never hear them, but I don't use target lingo with guests. Sometimes guests who work retail elsewhere are like "where should I put these go-backs?" And I laugh a little because we don't call it that in my store.

Please don't say HBA to a guest, say health & beauty or just beauty, or pharmacy, this is my biggest pet peeve of employees. FWIW guests do know what an endcap is.

As a young 20-year-old GSA (2 years ago now) I couldn't tell you how many times I identified myself as a manager to guests and was scoffed at and told to get somebody else. I remember one lady who said I was just "a boy" and should get the "men" in charge to help her. Gee, thanks lady.

I got to watch one of my co-workers describe a location as "E27 2-4-3" and realize in the middle of his spiel that the guest would have no clue WTF he was talking about... but he was too far in anyway, so he continued on.

I think this post should be stickied, so everyone can vent about what bothers them at Target.

What bothers me most is having to babysit leadership.
By babysit I mean dealing with their incompetence, trying not to hurt their feelings, and them being utterly unable to take any form of constructive criticism or feedback.

This is despite the fact that they most likely are much older than me, and ought to possess the wisdom and maturity to handle it.

Guests who try use Target Lingo....

"I talked to the LOD (Not L-O-D)"

"Your teamate said it was over here"

"You need the DCPI? " [looking online and wants to know if we carry ins

Guests who try use Target Lingo....

"I talked to the LOD (Not L-O-D)"

"Your teamate said it was over here"

"You need the DCPI? " [looking online and wants to know if we carry ins

I remember when some guy said he wanted the gistel. What's a gistel? Had no clue what he was saying and had him write it down. He meant GSTL.

You know what else bothers me the most? When guests bring up there phone of a stock photo on google asking where this item is.

Or when a guest asks a question, then asks the another TM where an item is.

Had a guest do both those, I told him the exact aisle and direction and he ended up doing it. Like are you lazy or something??

Just out of curiosity what did he want the "gistel" for?

I can't even remember now. This was at least two years ago. I know he was one of those guests who wants something only a manager can give him and he thinks if he knows the Target lingo (GSTL, LOD), he'll impress us or something. My "gistel" and I had a good laugh about it.

What makes you think we have time for it? If y0u have a walkie call the LOD.
100% agreed and I am not even a cashier. Seriously, what the fuck? Call the LOD if the guest whats them. What a horrible sales floor member to send them to guest service. Hello, next thing you know there's a back up in the lanes because of a rush and guest service has two returns and has to deal with the guest you sent up. Hello??? BACK UP CASHIERS NEEDED TO THE FRONT LANES MUCH? just fucking take care of it on the sales floor lmao

You know what else bothers me the most? When guests bring up there phone of a stock photo on google asking where this item is.

Or when a guest asks a question, then asks the another TM where an item is.

Had a guest do both those, I told him the exact aisle and direction and he ended up doing it. Like are you lazy or something??

Omg... and when they google a product and an ad for target with the product name is at the top, they come in like "google said target had it!" We'll ma'am if you click that link, you'd know we don't have cami secrets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back