Archived You know you've been at Target too long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done both the asking CIHYFS (which really confuses people when you're wearing an 'Eat The Rich' T-Shirt) while off the clock and gone to fix signing (that makes my wife all kinds of crazy).

You've know you've been at Target too long when...

your friend (non-tm) says customer, and you say, "you mean guest?"

Or... You talk about work and something that wasn't quite right and your friend (non-tm) says, "You mean it wasn't brand?"

Oops.

I'm guilty of:
-folding items at home the same way as Target
-hanging my clothes the same way as Target
-asking my boyfriend CIHYFS at home
-accidentally taking box cutters home and repurposing them (like opening the mail lol)
-helping guests when at my store (or other Targets) on my day off
-zoning at other stores and at home

And I've literally just passed my first 90-day mark.

When you have tons of those cheap box cutters in every drawer, in your couch, by your washer machine and in your vehicle.

I shocked a couple of ETLs when I brought in my collection. They were all over my apartment and I even found more when I was moving out of that place, several months after quitting. Those and the badges and the red shirts.
I still have one of the box cutters. I call it my Target souvenir. That and the two Bullseyes I was given when I worked there.

I'm guilty of:
-folding items at home the same way as Target
-hanging my clothes the same way as Target
-asking my boyfriend CIHYFS at home
-accidentally taking box cutters home and repurposing them (like opening the mail lol)
-helping guests when at my store (or other Targets) on my day off
-zoning at other stores and at home

And I've literally just passed my first 90-day mark.

Not to scare you but it only gets worse :wacko:. I've been with Tgt for over 6 yrs.

asking cihyfs off the clock.......in other stores.
zoning in other stores
fifoing the fridge and pantry
asking cashier's in non target stores what their score is
though the worst by far that I have ever done is while playing video game I have seen enemy players looking for teammates and said into my Mic cihyfs. my team though I was on crack

Not to be a bummer but ...
I drink a lot more than I used to and I have stomach ulcers.
Then there was that sad moment when I was so happy that I was making more then the unemployment from my old job (that's if I get full hours).
I hit the end of the day and realize that the things I've accomplished that matter to me won't be noticed or appreciated by anybody else.

The things that matter to me are the guests who are grateful to have someone just listen to them while they are running errands even though their world is in the middle of falling apart. No ETL will give a crap about that...but just letting a guest cry and letting them know you hear them is worth more than any Redcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back