Archived You know you've been at Target too long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you've been at Target too long when...

You wake up early and read the clock as "5-P1-14"

You hand your TM discount card to the grocery store cashier

At home, you reach for your walkie to ask your (spouse/partner's) location

You start zoning the shelf while looking for your brand of whatever at the grocery store

You know which side of your walk-in closet is set reverse

Haha...I did that with my watch the other day. While working.

when a guest asks if you carry something and you say yes, only to be wrong because that was three transistions ago...

THIS. I am so useless at helping guests sometimes because I can't DISCARD old info - items we had before, old aisle locations, etc!

I never would have figured that out.....I guess that I miss stuff because I'm a cashier and don't have much contact with planograms!

when a guest asks if you carry something and you say yes, only to be wrong because that was three transistions ago...

THIS. I am so useless at helping guests sometimes because I can't DISCARD old info - items we had before, old aisle locations, etc!

I still head to the middle of the store looking for contact or shelf paper.

I FIFO'd all of my cereal boxes...

My other job is at a library, and when we get rid of a book because it's in bad condition, we refer to that process as "discarding" the item. I may or may not have "defected out" a book yesterday. My boss gave me a weird look, but realized that it must be a Target thing.

I'll tell you what, those Pull and Backstock clips make great refrigerator magnets..

I've been meaning to bring back the PULLS clip that's been on the side of my fridge for months, but I keep forgetting.

I'll tell you what, those Pull and Backstock clips make great refrigerator magnets..

I've been meaning to bring back the PULLS clip that's been on the side of my fridge for months, but I keep forgetting.

I used to have a set of snack clips that I had to throw away because they were pink, green and orange.

I had a pink clip stuck to my microwave for a few weeks, and got tired of going in to my kitchen and thinking I have more backstock to do after a long shift.

You get offended when somebody wears a color other than Red and Kacki while they are working at Target.

A seasonal person wore white pants once and claimed it was light khaki.

I'm always really annoyed when guests wear red & khaki to shop. 99% of Target guests know the uniform. Why wear it to the store?

You get offended when somebody wears a color other than Red and Kacki while they are working at Target.

A seasonal person wore white pants once and claimed it was light khaki.

I'm always really annoyed when guests wear red & khaki to shop. 99% of Target guests know the uniform. Why wear it to the store?

I can't imagine wearing white pants, especially if you're on plano or flow team or in the back room. I wear the darkest shade of khaki possible and they still get filthy.
As for why guests come dressed in uniform, I'd guess that maybe they should be given a flat of freight to work while they're there.

When my hubby comes into a room I have to resist the urge to ask him, "Can I Help You Find Something?".

You know you've worked at Target too long when you go to the Drive-Up Window at Wendy's and the person handing you your food recognizes you saying "I know you - you work at Target" and I'm not even in my Red & Khaki

You know you've worked at Target too long when you go to the Drive-Up Window at Wendy's and the person handing you your food recognizes you saying "I know you - you work at Target" and I'm not even in my Red & Khaki

Yep...I get that at a local fast food place...she likes me, so I usually get a discount if it's her at the window.

Once, I walked into the library cafe (and this is a fairly big city) and as soon as I walked in the room, a 10 year old looked at me and pointed, "you work at Target!" How many kiddos that age pay any attention to the employees of any store? That was either scary or impressive...I couldn't decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back