You think your Drive Up is bad...

No one said anything about their drive up being bad . You’re thinking of the reddit.com/r/target.
People mostly offer each other virtual drinks on this forum..

Target could make these changes to improve OPUs.

• Remodel stores for this (mine is over 25 years old)
  • Have a $25 order minimum
  • Have a maximum weight size per item of say 20 pounds
  • Eliminate items above certain dimensions
  • Eliminate cases of water

Naturally none of this will be done.

$25 order minimum would literally kill drive up and its competitive advantage. the fact that there are no minimums and no restrictions is part of what makes drive up popular and is fueling its continued growth

the only thing that "needs" to happen is a loosening of the promise time based on variable factors. large items take longer, guests who double tap don't contribute to wait time metric, etc...

$25 order minimum would literally kill drive up and its competitive advantage. the fact that there are no minimums and no restrictions is part of what makes drive up popular and is fueling its continued growth

the only thing that "needs" to happen is a loosening of the promise time based on variable factors. large items take longer, guests who double tap don't contribute to wait time metric, etc...
That’s why “dream baby” can only dream of these ludicrous ideas,

That’s why “dream baby” can only dream of these ludicrous ideas,
Yes I can only dream of such things!

Anyway Target jumping into OPUs without store remodels is poor planning.

Targets that closed their cafes because of COVID should have just remodeled those into OPU areas.

You would naturally keep the Starbucks open because they print money.

PS I didn't know this was a thing; guests who double tap don't contribute to wait time metric,

Targets that closed their cafes because of COVID should have just remodeled those into OPU areas.

they are already doing this

You would naturally keep the Starbucks open because they print money

they are already doing this

Imagine having 32 spots, a dedicated door and wing, overflow and it's still not enough.

View attachment 13259
Your also at the #1 store for total sales and most items given through drive up. Your store is also 25% higher than the store in second place even. Your store is literally the lead target store in the world for drive up. They designed it terribly tho and didn’t plan for how big drive up would become at your store so your setup is terrible. Your store does absolutely insane tho so credits to you guys for being #1! You guys are also missing 3 ETLs right now and many leave and go because of how crazy your store is. Congrats on being #1 and at the same time sorry for all the pain you guys go through. I’m at the #5 store so we are still busy but nothing compared to you guys. I kind of know what your going through.

Edina MN? I helped with their remodel a few years ago. And yes, the separate OPU entrance is nice.
There remodel looks nice and was good 2 years ago but now it’s horrible because the employees have to walk extremely far for certain orders and the spots are everywhere because the original parking area is too small. It’s a good idea if it was bigger.

My store did remodel food ave to opu hold.

You would naturally keep the Starbucks open because they print money.

PS I didn't know this was a thing; guests who double tap don't contribute to wait time metric,

Your also at the #1 store for total sales and most items given through drive up. Your store is also 25% higher than the store in second place even. Your store is literally the lead target store in the world for drive up. They designed it terribly tho and didn’t plan for how big drive up would become at your store so your setup is terrible. Your store does absolutely insane tho so credits to you guys for being #1! You guys are also missing 3 ETLs right now and many leave and go because of how crazy your store is. Congrats on being #1 and at the same time sorry for all the pain you guys go through. I’m at the #5 store so we are still busy but nothing compared to you guys. I kind of know what your going through.

Where do you find out the rankings? I hear my store is near the top percentage wise.

I'm going to have to poke around in there. I looked one night. It doesn't look very user friendly

I'm going to have to poke around in there. I looked one night. It doesn't look very user friendly
It's not too hard to use if you just stick to the premade dashboards and cards, but I'm not on it enough to have a use case for that. However, if you need to find anything it will there since literally anything and everything is tracked you just need to know how to find it

Back