You think your Drive Up is bad...

PS I didn't know this was a thing; guests who double tap don't contribute to wait time metric,
I hadn't heard of this. I believe that after a certain wait time, the timer stops counting against the metric (my guess is 5 min). Can anyone else confirm/elaborate on this? Would be nice to know.

I hadn't heard of this. I believe that after a certain wait time, the timer stops counting against the metric (my guess is 5 min). Can anyone else confirm/elaborate on this? Would be nice to know.

this used to be true and it was 10 minutes, now after 10 minutes it simply does not get worse. so it will only drag your average up by the 10m hit, not 14m or 16m or whatever

Corporate needs to make it so when an order isn’t fulfilled yet a team member can select the three dots on a unfulfilled order in the pickup app and there is a fulfill option which allows you to just scan items for the order and make it fulfilled. Obviously they would also have to make it so you can cancel items on this screen as well. Then once the order really does get fulfilled it just goes to RTS or is removed from Epick if the batch isn’t started.

Corporate needs to make it so when an order isn’t fulfilled yet a team member can select the three dots on a unfulfilled order in the pickup app and there is a fulfill option which allows you to just scan items for the order and make it fulfilled. Obviously they would also have to make it so you can cancel items on this screen as well. Then once the order really does get fulfilled it just goes to RTS or is removed from Epick if the batch isn’t started.
Something like this would nearly eliminate the ignorant-but-understandable complaint we get all the damn time when the guest changes plans. Those conversations are almost as annoying as street-dated merch apologies.

has anyone actually been able to have their drive up time under 2 minutes lately? we’ve been over 2 every day since christmas. even if it’s around 1:15-1:30 when i leave from my opening shift, we still end the day over 2. we were close to 5 minutes today and have frequently been over 3. apparently, we’re not alone in our district with this, so i’m curious where you all stand.

Haven't been green since the first week of November. Being a UHV store can suck like that sometimes.

I really don't think we want to train the guests to show up before their order is ready. Same reason my store doesn't tolerate the "can you pick this order next??" nonsense.

Have any of your D/U teams been able to ask guests to give us notice without it becoming a problem? We tried and our D/U team took some...license. So we don't do that anymore. I still do on occasion, but I know how to be tactful and make the guest feel like they will get better service.

I quit bothering to care about the pop ups. Last time I did a drive up, the app told me I couldn't click I'm here right after clicking I'm on my way. It was like a 30 second wait. The app is also telling them they should give us more time. Some people just don't care and you can't fix stupid. If you average is good enough, the pop ups you have will not bring you over 2 minutes.

I quit bothering to care about the pop ups. Last time I did a drive up, the app told me I couldn't click I'm here right after clicking I'm on my way. It was like a 30 second wait. The app is also telling them they should give us more time. Some people just don't care and you can't fix stupid. If you average is good enough, the pop ups you have will not bring you over 2 minutes.
Yeah it's true, they don't usually wreck us too bad. It came up because this Q4, we got a ton of new regulars and they have been hammering us with these. In a few weeks it should probably mellow out.

Yes I can only dream of such things!

Anyway Target jumping into OPUs without store remodels is poor planning.

Targets that closed their cafes because of COVID should have just remodeled those into OPU areas.

You would naturally keep the Starbucks open because they print money.

PS I didn't know this was a thing; guests who double tap don't contribute to wait time metric,

It wasn't poor planning, it was great planning. They definitely planned it.

They spent no money and are paying you next to nothing while they make money hand over fist.

I feel like customers (those Mfs are not guests) who don’t say they’re on their way should have ALOT less weight than a guest who uses it properly ( especially if its a big DU order).

Something I’ve started to tell DU guests is that sometimes if you forget thats fine just when you press you’re on you way give it like a minute or two before you hit im here. That helps us out and normally thats a compromise that they can make

Back