Archived Your STL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the point here is a great ETL will setup their area so they don't really have to be in it once they get it there. For example, the best ETL-SF will have such good TL's in HL and SL (who own the areas) that all they have to do is check in with them to find out how things are running. This is the ideal situation because ETL's come and go, but TLs usually stay in role a bit longer. This makes the workcenter itself more stable. I always say to ETLs if they think they are good, "Do you think you can almost completely step away for a month and go help cover another store, and then come back and not have a mess to clean up? If yes then you are doing great, if no then you have more work to do."

That's makes plenty of sense, if a work center is too dependent on the ETL that's a problem. Some people want to be everything but a good ETL will empower their TLS to run the show when they aren't around. I dig it.

My STL is the micro-manager type who spends the entire day ordering people around over the walkie. That said, I did witness him doing a measurable amount of actual work over the weekend when he helped push CAFs in C and D.

Jesus christ that's like telling someone on POG making labels that they don't need to use the printer.
Is the equipment cabinet unlocked or something? Or are they trying to cracking down on people not taking it all and hiding it but doing it in a way that doesn't work?
Our cabinet is locked but if there's a lot of TMs on the floor she'll try to decide who actually needs one. God forbid she sees you with a PDA AND a mydevice. Even if you tell her you borrowed it from someone else to pull a quick batch and they need it back ASAP. She'll take your mydevice and give it to someone else. She literally doesn't listen to you when you speak.

My old etl-sl/eventual etl-sf was gone a month or two when I first started, then before she left the company, she was gone for months and we were fine on the floor. I'm sure it was annoying for the etls though, because I assume there's some not floor stuff that had to be taken over. I don't think it's that we ever really need the etls to do stuff (well in 2016 we sorta do, because no one has hours for some reason), but seeing that they're willing is just... Idk, insert a positive feel-good adjective. I can't think up the right word at the moment.

My STL's pretty good. She's rarely in her office unless she's on a phone conference and eating. She's always pushing around a cart and picking up abandons from around the floor and replacing it when she gets to it, she bags stuff for guests when she's near the front, or will jump on a lane when we call for backup, one of the few Execs that will.
On the other hand, she has a holier than Thou attitude towards anyone who doesn't match her definition of 'normal.'

I haven't figured out what the deal is with our new STL. It seems he's rarely in the store... I haven't seen him in a week.

Is there such a thing as a part-time STL?

My STL has ran out have our management and the other half have one foot out the door...just in time for 4th. He's new and not well regarded.

Nonsense, in retail there is no such thing as too much help, there is always something to do. If they shouldnt lift a finger why have an ETL?
when i was hired i was told that the ETLs and STL were not to do any push. only TMs and TLs were to push as we are hourly and paid to do that. granted, yes help is help, but have a TM stay and do it. when the salary do the job and work for 12+ hours to get push done, well that all well and good for saving face, but not good for the people trying to earn a living.

when i was hired i was told that the ETLs and STL were not to do any push. only TMs and TLs were to push as we are hourly and paid to do that. granted, yes help is help, but have a TM stay and do it. when the salary do the job and work for 12+ hours to get push done, well that all well and good for saving face, but not good for the people trying to earn a living.
At my store we are high volume and have three floors, all the ETLs are out on the floor with the TMs and TLs working and pushing cafs/zoning. It's just the way it goes at my store. We can't afford to not have everyone pitch in.

Except that is exactly how Target is setup. The exempts are paid much and work long hours. Non exempts payroll is the first thing to get cut. So since Target isn't going to add hourly help, the ETLS should help so a few hourly tms aren't forced to do the work of many.

My old etl-sl/eventual etl-sf was gone a month or two when I first started, then before she left the company, she was gone for months and we were fine on the floor. I'm sure it was annoying for the etls though, because I assume there's some not floor stuff that had to be taken over. I don't think it's that we ever really need the etls to do stuff (well in 2016 we sorta do, because no one has hours for some reason), but seeing that they're willing is just... Idk, insert a positive feel-good adjective. I can't think up the right word at the moment.

....inspiring?

At my store we are high volume and have three floors, all the ETLs are out on the floor with the TMs and TLs working and pushing cafs/zoning. It's just the way it goes at my store. We can't afford to not have everyone pitch in.
Three floors? Geez. How does that work? My store can barely manage one.

He was an asshole who only talked to people to give orders or make them feel like shit. He once told me I didn't "smile" enough when talking to guests. Sorry, you ain't paying me enough or treating me well enough to put on a fake grin every day at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back