Archived Your thoughts on a milk pallet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate concrete floors, it just reminds me of Walmart & Walmart is the actual worst place on earth

That's not really possible at some stores that have no stockroom behind their dairy coolers. A lot of older stores don't have it.
We have a stockroom behind our dairy wall. They still put the coolers against the opposite wall.

I had no idea people pulled out the entire pallet at one time.

The pfresh person at my store always grabbed whatever crates were necessary and put them on a vehicle to push to the milk cooler.

Ask for help pushing if necessary.

Am I reading this wrong? :confused:

I had no idea people pulled out the entire pallet at one time.

The pfresh person at my store always grabbed whatever crates were necessary and put them on a vehicle to push to the milk cooler.

Ask for help pushing if necessary.

Am I reading this wrong? :confused:
Less trips, fills it all the way, and the extra product can be moved to a flat to take up less space.

I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble in our store for helping another team member especially in market. Everyone in the store is very aware of how heavy some of our pallets can be and are always willing to help. Just wait until you really hurt yourself and Target has to pay your medical bills for your work related injury. I swear Target just cares less and less as time goes by.

I honestly had a similar conversation with both the Etl LOG and numerous others as to the usage of an electric power jack and using it to move heavy pallets onto the sales floor. Honestly you should be having help with milk pallets as it is understood that those, (Water pallets as well) way ALOT! If by chance you are by yourself, trained on How to use an electric jack, and no customers are in the store yet, I for one will be using that bad boy. Problem with people who use it on the sales floor 1) Are improperly/never trained on how to use the electric jack. 2) are very wreckless and careless and just might hurt someone while using the jack and do more damage than good. My argument was always that if the WAVE is permitted on the salesfloor, (Which weighs more than the electric jack mind you) why is it not allowed?

It's not just about the weight, the Wave doesn't have the electric pallet jack's metal bars, that lean a bit in turn, scraping the floor which can damage the vinyl and scrapes the wax seal(you can see the lines at certain angles with the lighting) . It looks bad aesthetically and adds unnecessary yearly cost to replace the tile that could be used for other things if people stopped breaking the no salesfloor rule. As PMT I'm the one that has to replace the tile but it's the ETL LOG that get in trouble if there's a visit and they see it being used.

If you can't move a pallet of that weight then you shouldn't be working in that area. First thing we do to new market hires in make them pull a Pallet of freezer, milk or dairy and if they can't do it they get transferred to softlines or Hardlines with the other people that can't lift

The fact is, there will be days where you close by yourself and it's not fair to bother other tms that doing other things because you can't preform your job requirements

Everyone in my backroom can easily pull a pallet of milk at least to floor with little trouble

If you can't move a pallet of that weight then you shouldn't be working in that area. First thing we do to new market hires in make them pull a Pallet of freezer, milk or dairy and if they can't do it they get transferred to softlines or Hardlines with the other people that can't lift

The fact is, there will be days where you close by yourself and it's not fair to bother other tms that doing other things because you can't preform your job requirements

Everyone in my backroom can easily pull a pallet of milk at least to floor with little trouble

I was waiting for someone to pull out this chestnut.
Oh, if you can't do the job then GTFO.
Did you miss this post?

I did the math, each gallon of milk weights 8 lbs, there is 4 in each case, so each crate weighs 32 lbs.
So if you have 40 crates on a pallet, 32x40=1280 lbs

As people have pointed out this is no different then asking for a team lift.
Sure I could throw bookcase boxes that had three man lift labels but it was fucking stupid.
The first time one of the guys on your team who 'easily' pulls that pallet of milk out and looses control of it, life is going to suck all the way around.

Spot providing the right tools and manpower for people to do their jobs is their legal obligation.
TM are not required to 'muscle' through shit situations.
They have the right to ask for help and not be shamed for it.

I work with people who have disabilities who are able to ask for adaptions to the jobs they have so they can accomplish them with their disability.
This is the law.
How is asking for support in moving something that weighs four times as much as you do wrong?

I'm all for using the power jack on floor and I do because fuck pulling pallets of that size. I do know though that If the power jack is down, I can always use a regular one

Having two people pull a jack is dangerous. If you slip they'll run your fucking feet over

If you can't move a pallet of that weight then you shouldn't be working in that area. First thing we do to new market hires in make them pull a Pallet of freezer, milk or dairy and if they can't do it they get transferred to softlines or Hardlines.

I've seen men who work out at the gym every single day struggle to pull some of the pallets we get off the truck. Guess they should only be allowed to zone and push pulls that weigh less than 20 lbs.

I was waiting for someone to pull out this chestnut.
Oh, if you can't do the job then GTFO.
Did you miss this post?

As people have pointed out this is no different then asking for a team lift.
Sure I could throw bookcase boxes that had three man lift labels but it was fucking stupid.
The first time one of the guys on your team who 'easily' pulls that pallet of milk out and looses control of it, life is going to suck all the way around.

Spot providing the right tools and manpower for people to do their jobs is their legal obligation.
TM are not required to 'muscle' through shit situations.
They have the right to ask for help and not be shamed for it.

I work with people who have disabilities who are able to ask for adaptions to the jobs they have so they can accomplish them with their disability.
This is the law.
How is asking for support in moving something that weighs four times as much as you do wrong?

4 times as heavy? More like 12 times as heavy. Lol.

It's not just about the weight, the Wave doesn't have the electric pallet jack's metal bars, that lean a bit in turn, scraping the floor which can damage the vinyl and scrapes the wax seal(you can see the lines at certain angles with the lighting) . It looks bad aesthetically and adds unnecessary yearly cost to replace the tile that could be used for other things if people stopped breaking the no salesfloor rule. As PMT I'm the one that has to replace the tile but it's the ETL LOG that get in trouble if there's a visit and they see it being used.
If you turn so abruptly that you scrape the floor, the pallet will tip over anyways.

5acdcbdcdeda456cc1bd7169f1dfe35d.jpg

Pretty sure our milk pallets are 4 X 4 crates 7 high. Thats a little over 3500Ibs. Use a regular pallet jack if you want to kill someone when one of the straps break on the milk

In our store, our backroom is right next to our milk cooler, so when the delivery comes, we get the milk guy to drop off the pallet right in front of the milk. I would see if that's an option for you.
Our milk vendor just stocks the product to the floor. When we had cheap milk a number of years ago they used to leave us some extra crates of milk to stock on the weekend.

Our milk vendor just stocks the product to the floor. When we had cheap milk a number of years ago they used to leave us some extra crates of milk to stock on the weekend.
Must be nice. I've never seen that.

Must be nice. I've never seen that.
Our guy used to do that. New driver is a complete idiot and manages to take even longer, while not stocking anything.

We actually have a merchandiser from the milk company come in a few times a week to push milk.

Our vendor would drop off the milk pallets in the coolers in the back. Didn't matter which one as long as it wasn't the freezer. We would then have to climb around over pallets like monkeys trying to find the damn 2% horizon organic milk for the guest on the floor.
We would never bring a pallet of milk on the floor because of how far we had to take it from the back to the sales floor. We would grab each crate individually and load them into tubs to push to the floor. I always envied stores that had the dairy cooler in the same location as the milk fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back