Archived Zeroing out a count

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

I've been working on doing SFS and we have started researching our own items for orders we needed to zero out. When I go into change the counts of something it will show zero on the floor and zero in the back but it is still showing one on hand.

Is there a way to get the on hand count down to zero?

From what I've been told if the system thinks we have one still on hand the order will just keep dropping into our store a couple times and we get dinged every time it goes unfulfilled

Make a note of the DPCI. After the order goes unfullfilled, it takes a few minutes for the system to get the ordered item back into on hands. Then research the DPCI to zero. Again, the on hands won't instantly go to zero, it takes a few minutes.

Make a note of the DPCI. After the order goes unfullfilled, it takes a few minutes for the system to get the ordered item back into on hands. Then research the DPCI to zero. Again, the on hands won't instantly go to zero, it takes a few minutes.
I do it all at the end of my shift, so most of the unfilled orders have been cleared from the system for a few hours. I'm going to check tomorrow and see if stuff from a few days ago actually zeroed out.

I was actually timing this today, and it looks like it took an hour for each item I researched to change to zero.

Make sure nothing is sitting on drastic count (it will usually, but not always, warn you when changing a count will go there).

Target doesn't say it anywhere in their manuals or training, but once a FF or SFS order drops into your store, it will subtract the on-hand count. So if they want you to find 1 of something and it says 0, in theory there should be 1 somewhere on the floor. If you scan it in item search and it comes back with a count of -1, I will get a myDevice and check the last sold date. Most of the time it was sold that day. That means an order dropped into your store and a guest bought it before you could pick it. This will also hurt your fulfillment score because the people who designed the system also send their kids to look for bigfoot while camping and get angry at them when they don't find him. No word on if these people are related to my stores GSAs, SrTLs, and VM TL.

As to the list, I write down every DPCI of every item I can't find. When I research them to 0 at the end of my shift once there are no more of that item in batches, just for my own record keeping I will make note of how many on-hands the system thought we had, as well as # of days ago the item was last received and sold. I don't always zero it out though if I sense we could still have it. If I hit INF on Tuesday, we get the item on the truck on Wednesday, and I finally get access to a myDevice on Thursday, I won't mess with that one. If it's an expensive electronic item I'll ask AP's permission first. If we have exactly 1 casepack of an item and the last sold date was 738 days ago (actually happened) I zero it out with extreme prejudice.

Also, once you scan in a batch with not founds you can't get orders with that DPCI for 24 hours. So if you scan a batch in at 12:00 and don't zero them out that night, expect to get them again at 12:01 the next day.

Target doesn't say it anywhere in their manuals or training, but once a FF or SFS order drops into your store, it will subtract the on-hand count. So if they want you to find 1 of something and it says 0, in theory there should be 1 somewhere on the floor. If you scan it in item search and it comes back with a count of -1, I will get a myDevice and check the last sold date. Most of the time it was sold that day. That means an order dropped into your store and a guest bought it before you could pick it. This will also hurt your fulfillment score because the people who designed the system also send their kids to look for bigfoot while camping and get angry at them when they don't find him. No word on if these people are related to my stores GSAs, SrTLs, and VM TL.
There is actually a one-page PDF on Workbench that describes it in detail, with pictures. I've found it somewhere in the SFS section, but you may also be able to search for it (I think it's called something like SFS decrementing on-hands).

Even with that in my hand, I still sometimes have issues getting leadership to understand it. And it doesn't help that myWork doesn't show negative on-hands, so you need to use the PDA to check on-hands and the myDevice to check the last sold date and research it.

The way I've done this is that I zero out items at the very end of my shift. I can't write down DPCIs since others also help pick. What I found out, though, is that there's a report for INFs for the day you can look at on workbench. It's a link on one of the SFS reports on MyPerformance.

The way I've done this is that I zero out items at the very end of my shift. I can't write down DPCIs since others also help pick. What I found out, though, is that there's a report for INFs for the day you can look at on workbench. It's a link on one of the SFS reports on MyPerformance.
That report misses some things though.

All INF orders should automatically trigger next day RIGs (unless perhaps the item was received same day). That said, I still research any INF orders I run into myself, but only because I don't really trust my instocks team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back