Archived Zoning Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B26

Hello All,

So my time at Target is going really well as I am approaching my 90 days. I was chosen as a top performer for the month, my conversion rate is picking up from 1/week to around 5-7/week and my speed score is generally staying in the 96% category.

My managers seem to like me a lot and are giving me some new responsibilities and they have had me Zone the "C" aisles for the past few days. I really want to impress them and do well but I have never really been told what exactly to do for zoning.

As of now, I've just been moving most (but not everything) forward, straitening most things out, picking up abandons, and just fixing things up. I don't want to take too long so I don't move everything forward, just main things.

Could someone reply and tell me if I am doing everything alright, what I should do, and what they look for when someone zones.

Thank You and have a great day :)

That's pretty much what zoning is but move everything forward, make sure items are in the correct place, and make sure you are zoning peg items too. Ask about flexing because you should know that too.

Make sure all the towels are folded the same way with the opening away from the main aisle, all the rugs need to be perpendicular to the shelf and when you get to storage tubs make sure the amount of lids is equal to the amount of tubs you have.

This is something that still nails me when I'm on the floor: don't spend too much time in one aisle. If you do, then you won't have enough time to get through the whole section. My TLs ask us to put a good "face" on each aisle (just one or two items pulled forward to fill each facing) because it would take way too long to deep zone (pull everything forward).

It sounds like you're doing pretty good at the front end if they want you to help in other areas. If you become a good zoner, don't be surprised if you get cross-trained on the sales floor.

Yeah, tht is what I was thinking. They don't let any other new cashiers zone and they've had me doing it three times in the past few days. Thanks for all the tips, I'll be sure to se them at the next opportunity.

check endcaps and second locations

if the home location is full and there are other areas that a certain product goes on, make sure to try and even it out, esspecially end caps, because a filled end cap makes a "first impression" according to the ETLs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back