Archived 1 Hardlines Closer!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our hours are terrifying this month. I had to close all of Hardlines alone. My store is a Super Target, and our building is roughly 180,000 sq ft. Scheduled at 5:30pm. Anyone else having this issue?

Sounds like a MyTime goof.

Anytime you notice you are the only closer, you should notify your STL, and ETL HR & Hardlines.

I have closed with just 2 people in hardlines. But one is impossible with also manning call buttons and phone calls.

Sounds like a MyTime goof.

Anytime you notice you are the only closer, you should notify your STL, and ETL HR & Hardlines.

I have closed with just 2 people in hardlines. But one is impossible with also manning call buttons and phone calls.
And backup cashiering :) lol

Damn... My store is a C volume GM and we struggle to even get into the zone with just one closing in hardlines. I can't imagine what this would be like in a super.

A volume PF store here

Market, Softlines, and Hardlines each gets open-hours only per week. Some weeks key departments get less than how many hour we're open per week(IE, service desk). We've been closing with 1 hardlines, 1 softlines, 1 market TM for the last month.

we have been closing with one hardline closer for months even during BTS.. one cashier one hl one sl.. last sat they left 32 carts of reshop lol

A volume PF store here

Market, Softlines, and Hardlines each gets open-hours only per week. Some weeks key departments get less than how many hour we're open per week(IE, service desk). We've been closing with 1 hardlines, 1 softlines, 1 market TM for the last month.
Just like my gm pfresh store.

We have one person closing in hardlines tonight. Oof. I feel for solo hardlines closers.

One Saturday night, only one hardlines team member was scheduled for ad takedown. He's a minor so he went home before close. The LOD had to finish takedown in hardlines one while the remaining market team member did all of hardlines two.

Some weeks key departments get less than how many hour we're open per week(IE, service desk).

I wish Service Desk was actually a thing here. There's no such thing in the schedule, it's just cashier, and then they pick someone scheduled as cashier and have them work at the service desk.

I'm at a ULV store and tonight we had one cashier after 9:30, one hardlines, one softlines, and a bike builder turned electronics (because the actual electronics TM called out tonight), plus a GSA and an LOD. And me, because they added onto my shift at my request. Shit sucks. Stationery looks HORRENDOUS and there were at least 5 carts of reshop.

So when you say there is only one "closer" do you mean there is only one person in that area after 4:30/5:00 or that there is only one person until close (but has help until 8 or 9?)

So when you say there is only one "closer" do you mean there is only one person in that area after 4:30/5:00 or that there is only one person until close (but has help until 8 or 9?)

We had one closer from 5:30-close. Opener worked 9-4.
We have one closer every night (including saturday) Usually 2 in market as well as Softlines. But let me reiterate. Super Target... One of the largest in Florida. One person. High volume store.. And God forbid someone calls out.. My LOD's have NO back-up plan what-so-ever. "Well make due with what we have" is a common term at my store.

Also, my old Super Target (about the same size, just doesn't have center-stock) seemed to have unlimited hours, even though we make more at my current store. There would be 2/3 hardlines (depending on the night/time of year) and 3 always on Saturday, 3 Softlines, and 2 market every single day. Don't understand this store's thinking.

Some weeks key departments get less than how many hour we're open per week(IE, service desk).

I wish Service Desk was actually a thing here. There's no such thing in the schedule, it's just cashier, and then they pick someone scheduled as cashier and have them work at the service desk.
Pay grade is why they did it. Less dollars.

Service desk and cashier are in the same paygrade. @Nauzhror, does your store have iGS or do they just screw up the schedule every week?

I'm at a ULV store and tonight we had one cashier after 9:30, one hardlines, one softlines, and a bike builder turned electronics (because the actual electronics TM called out tonight), plus a GSA and an LOD. And me, because they added onto my shift at my request. Shit sucks. Stationery looks HORRENDOUS and there were at least 5 carts of reshop.

5 carts of re-shop for the whole store? That's a drop in the bucket at my A+ volume P-Fresh. Try 20 or 30 carts of just hardlines.

When I was cashiering, I picked up an opening electronics shift since no one could take it. No one told me until 2 hours after opening I was the only hardlines and I was supposed to take all calls, buttons, and work all pulls.

When I was cashiering, I picked up an opening electronics shift since no one could take it. No one told me until 2 hours after opening I was the only hardlines and I was supposed to take all calls, buttons, and work all pulls.

Nope sounds right.. I am frequently trying to do my In-Stocks scans on Saturday mornings while being the only sales floor person until 11am, when I go to lunch.. And my store gets busy on a Saturday at about 8:30am. So if I haven't scanned it, its not getting scanned. So its me for all of headlines and the electronics opener.. Two girls for Soft lines one as operator. One for Market. One step below a SuperT 2nd biggest target in our general area..

Service desk and cashier are in the same paygrade. @Nauzhror, does your store have iGS or do they just screw up the schedule every week?

It's iGS, didn't actually know what that was even though till I saw the question and did a forum search for the term.

This week is hellacious for hours. Labor Day should start the trend upwards on hours. At least, that's what has happened in the past... MyTime probably doesn't know any better.

You would think theyd program holidays into MyTime.

Hm. Labor day. Maybe we should give hours

It's not a myTime problem. It's a lack of payroll.

If you look at the schedule myTime creates based upon guest needs, it's an awesome schedule. During the pilot it took holidays into consideration and generated some very great schedules. But then once it gets the payroll numbers in, it gets slashed to hell.

A couple months ago I was comparing the "Guest Needs" schedule vs the schedule actually created...our store is running at about 30% what myTime requests.

Example, there will be times where mytime says there needs to be 6 cashiers at their registers....we only have enough payroll for 2.

As I work at a super Target, the following is appropriate as the Christmas season will be here before any of us want it to...
(to the tune of Winter Wonderland)

Dingalings why do you
Schedule us with so few?
We need 5 in hardlines,
and 3 in grocery,
and 5 in softlines every night.

We also need 2 in electronics,
to have only one is a shame.
With 50 thousand guests at the boat,
all wanting all the new games.

While all of you are staying home,
inside nice and warm,