Archived $10.00 Minimum Wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target pays $2.50 above minimum wage where I live. I am in CA, I make $12.50/hour and $13/hour when I have the early sunday signing shift. I am a newer TM, just a few weeks shy of 6 months. When will I get my first review? After 1 year?

Target pays $2.50 above minimum wage where I live. I am in CA, I make $12.50/hour and $13/hour when I have the early sunday signing shift. I am a newer TM, just a few weeks shy of 6 months. When will I get my first review? After 1 year?
You will get your review at the same time as everyone else in April, but your raise will be prorated based on how long you've worked for Target (if you got a 26 cent raise but only worked for 6 months, it would be 13 cents).

I havent heard of pay grades going away. Anyone else hear how this could benefit team leads gettin a pay bump? Is it only gonna be for lower paid team leads?

Reviews aren't until March-May? Three people, a STL and ETL and the Store TL, who always gave me amazing recognition, just left last month/this month. Now I'm worried with them gone, I won't get as good of a review, because the new people have little interaction with me.

Hmmm. Looking at my pay stubs last year my raise went into affect on the week of March 15 th. Why so late this year ????

TLs I believe went into effect during March last year. TMs I thought wasn't until April.

Oh you are right it was April 19 th my bad. I don't know what I saw before.

I was told (don't quote me) that everybody who's not at $10 will go to that and all the positions will get a pay grade bump. Ex. GSA will go from n7 to n9....then their base pay would bump up plus their annual raise on top of that.....again don't quote me :confused:

I was told (don't quote me) that everybody who's not at $10 will go to that and all the positions will get a pay grade bump. Ex. GSA will go from n7 to n9....then their base pay would bump up plus their annual raise on top of that.....again don't quote me :confused:

That seems very un-Spot-like. It sounds really nice, and I pray that something like that happens, but I don't think that we will see something like that. Base pay raise possibly, but I doubt all paygrades will get bumped. It's not in line with Target's recent cost-cutting decisions.

That seems very un-Spot-like. It sounds really nice, and I pray that something like that happens, but I don't think that we will see something like that. Base pay raise possibly, but I doubt all paygrades will get bumped. It's not in line with Target's recent cost-cutting decisions.

It doesn't sound that really crazy at all. Last year they actually did it. I was $8.00/hr then they bumped me up to $9.00 plus my actual raise which was ¢.64, so in the end I got $9.64.

It doesn't sound that really crazy at all. Last year they actually did it. I was $8.00/hr then they bumped me up to $9.00 plus my actual raise which was ¢.64, so in the end I got $9.64.

I was more referring to the whole paygrade bumping. Like GSA moving from N07 to N09.

I was more referring to the whole paygrade bumping. Like GSA moving from N07 to N09.

Yep, you know the one or two GSTLs at your store have to stay making like 5$ more an hour to do pretty much the same thing.

Idk how I was fortunate enough to be making a little over 12$ to GSA at my store while one guy made about 9.70$ and had been there longer. I just know I WOULDNT have done it for that.

Yep, you know the one or two GSTLs at your store have to stay making like 5$ more an hour to do pretty much the same thing.

Idk how I was fortunate enough to be making a little over 12$ to GSA at my store while one guy made about 9.70$ and had been there longer. I just know I WOULDNT have done it for that.
While everyone is fighting for equal pay for men and women. I'm over here trying to get equal pay for the same job duties.

While everyone is fighting for equal pay for men and women. I'm over here trying to get equal pay for the same job duties.

Well, let's not pretend that everyone even in same role should be making the same amount. If you can contribute more than the next, then you should be making more. Also if you have been there longer, you should be making more. While some may say the job is the same for someone just coming in as it is for someone doing it for 20 years, that still counts as experience.

No I agree I'm just talking if you are going to hire in somebody and pay them more for the same job that I have been doing for a few years and they have no past experience then that is crap

So I was talking to a pretty reliable source about the raise to 10. And they said it'll happen when we get our reviews so we can get raised to $10 and then get our yearly raise on top of that. However, it will not show up until the May 6th Paycheck.

Can anyone vouch for this?

So I was talking to a pretty reliable source about the raise to 10. And they said it'll happen when we get our reviews so we can get raised to $10 and then get our yearly raise on top of that. However, it will not show up until the May 6th Paycheck.

Can anyone vouch for this?

Hmmmm sounds very like last year. Maybe we'll know soon, I believe reviews will be made in the next two weeks.

Well, let's not pretend that everyone even in same role should be making the same amount. If you can contribute more than the next, then you should be making more. Also if you have been there longer, you should be making more. While some may say the job is the same for someone just coming in as it is for someone doing it for 20 years, that still counts as experience.
I agree with you to a point. But there is the law of diminishing returns you have to take into account. A cashier who has been there 20 years isn't likely to know much more or be any more valuable than say a cashier who has been there 18 months.

I agree with you to a point. But there is the law of diminishing returns you have to take into account. A cashier who has been there 20 years isn't likely to know much more or be any more valuable than say a cashier who has been there 18 months.
Absolutely! Also, some of the people that have been there for 20 years are there for a reason - they can't get promoted, and they have a lot of resentment built up because of it. (NOTE: This is certainly not the case with all people. I'm just adding to the fact that 20 years isn't always better than 1.)

Absolutely! Also, some of the people that have been there for 20 years are there for a reason - they can't get promoted, and they have a lot of resentment built up because of it. (NOTE: This is certainly not the case with all people. I'm just adding to the fact that 20 years isn't always better than 1.)
And sometimes you get people who are good at where they're at and happy where they're at. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a cashier making 20$ an hour if they've been there for a long time and do a great job. Y'all forget the customer service aspect of these jobs...if being promoted is the only way to get decent money then service is going to suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back