Archived 10% off Gift Card Annual Sale - When?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the store I am in, tps has told us to not accept credit when guests purchase gift cards, only cash or debit. With debit we have to ask for I.D. I was wondering if all stores are like this or do you guys accept guests paying with a credit card when purchasing gift cards?

Not all stores. Just the ones where AP actually cares and the STL isn't a spineless wimp.

We accept credit but anytime the limit is hit on POS we have to ask for ID to continue, verify it matches CC

My STL wouldn't even let me deny giftcard purchases at SCO last year when this sale happened. He somehow expected my SCO TM to be able to catch that while dealing with a ton of other guests. He wouldn't even let it go when we reviewed video footage and saw the TM actively helping another guest, checking another guest for BOB/LISA, etc.

What can you NOT use the gift cards for? I think I read last year people purchased Disney gift cards with them?

You can purchase gift cards but there’s a side note. You can’t purchase the gift card with a non-target credit/debit card and expect to use it with your discount, if I remember correctly.
Umm how is that enforced? Seems bizarre...

Yes, I saw that, but what is a "specialty gift card"?
Anything that is not a Target gift card. When you scan the GC for payment, POS tells you that only XX amount (which is the total minus any purchased gift cards) can be applied to the transaction.

Waste of time. POS gets a full screen prompt that says “item cannot be bought with target GC.” no option to override. Similar to what happens if you try to use ™ discount with regular debit card

This part was inconsistent as of last night. Vanilla Visa/MC/Amex all pop the message on scan. Some restaurant cards did, Playstation did but XBox did not. It could be that the relevant software patch is still rolling out and hadn't hit my store yet.

Name on the card used to buy GC matches name on the ™ discount. Enforcement is ASANTS.

So you could just buy the GC at another store? Enforcing this one just seems like a pointless way to make sure TMs can't actually use their discount. Kinda like the no debit card rule in general. Cheap ass way to run a store and shitty way to treat employees.

Name on the card used to buy GC matches name on the ™ discount. Enforcement is ASANTS.
Thanks for the info...but if I’m not allowed to utilize the discount every other guest is offered on discounts then that’s BS. I’m not buying a gift card just to get the employee discount, I’m buying a gift card to get the gift card discount. Doubt this one will be enforced but I’ll argue it if anyone ever confronts me for it 🤷‍♀️ Thanks for info though.

Anyways got my giftcard, went through self checkout because I hate interacting with people when I can DIY, and I used my red card.

Totally fine to buy for the sale. Just not to circumvent discount policy.
If it’s purchased with a non-Target credit/debit card, would that circumvent discount policy even though we have the sale?
If it’s is purchased with a Target credit/debit card or cash it’s okay though?

If it’s purchased with a non-Target credit/debit card, would that circumvent discount policy even though we have the sale?
If it’s is purchased with a Target credit/debit card or cash it’s okay though?
Enforcement is up to store. Ask your ap or leader if you’re unsure.

Not worth losing your job over that 10%. If you were to do it, just go to a Target you don't work at and buy them, but you can't use your TM discount to buy the gift card. It's better to go out and low profile than to do it at your own store where too many eyes are watching and can make up a lie and the leaders will believe the lie and fire you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back