Archived 10% off Gift Card Annual Sale - When?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody heard the date for the 10% off Target Gift Cards sale this year?

I searched and could not find a thread.

Thanks in advance. I always get a lot of gift cards that day.

Although, last year they did it even after they had us removing the silver strip and putting in access numbers. Perhaps they might just advertise it on social media (like so much of their advertising is done now) or just to Target.com shoppers or cartwheel users. Keep it happening, but keep it real small.

Oh man! I loved that sale. :(

There has always been gift card fraud at Target. That's not new. It never was people buying $300 cards to get 10% off. It was people walking in with stolen cards buying $500 gift cards numerous times. (Well, $500 plus one item, usually a greeting card or gum.)

Oh man! I loved that sale. :(

There has always been gift card fraud at Target. That's not new. It never was people buying $300 cards to get 10% off. It was people walking in with stolen cards buying $500 gift cards numerous times. (Well, $500 plus one item, usually a greeting card or gum.)

And we can't forget, that when they were buying these $300 gift cards, they'd mention that they were buying the gift card to give to their niece or nephew so they could get an Xbox. I have no idea why that was the schtick chosen... but when it happened the second and third times, I knew to contact AP ASAP.

It was the week before Christmas last year if I remember correctly. I’m sure they just haven’t announced it yet.

Reactions: Dog
Has anybody heard the date for the 10% off Target Gift Cards sale this year?

I searched and could not find a thread.

Thanks in advance. I always get a lot of gift cards that day.

10% off giftcard is out on December 2nd (Sunday) and is one day only sale.

Source: non-pog signing update for Dec.

Last edited:
I usually buy one for myself. I get my spouse to buy me one as a gift and get one from my mother in law. My spouse and I buy with a red card. I have no idea what my MIL uses to buy my gift. I load them onto my account and have $900 to spend throughout the year with a 10%+ 10% discount vs the normal 10%+5% RC discount. Over half gets spent on groceries. Every little bit helps. Lines are long and I don't work on Sunday so I will be buying on line.

Step one: Buy gift card at 10% off and pay with the Credit Card.
Step two: Have dirt bag separate them into $9 cards.
Step three: Cash them all out.
Step four: Pay off credit card, and the remainder if your profit.

^My scam, if I did scams. I think it's still worth it for Target to do the deal despite the fraud issues. The reason why they push gift cards is because it's like instant profit. Think about all the gift cards that just never get redeemed. And the ones that do get redeemed, people usually spend more than what the card was worth. Hell, that's why they do those "Free $5 Gift card" sales all the time.

Step one: Buy gift card at 10% off and pay with the Credit Card.
Step two: Have dirt bag separate them into $9 cards.
Step three: Cash them all out.
Step four: Pay off credit card, and the remainder if your profit.

^My scam, if I did scams. I think it's still worth it for Target to do the deal despite the fraud issues. The reason why they push gift cards is because it's like instant profit. Think about all the gift cards that just never get redeemed. And the ones that do get redeemed, people usually spend more than what the card was worth. Hell, that's why they do those "Free $5 Gift card" sales all the time.
Can't cash out where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back