Corporate $15

ASANTS my store doesn't do any rainchecks at all (haven't since I started over 3 years ago)
Amanda I am literally the only who knows how to do rainchecks I think...maybe one other tm knows how?
...I even given them to my leaders before so I think I will be in the green on the raincheck....

ASANTS my store doesn't do any rainchecks at all (haven't since I started over 3 years ago)
"We do not do raincheck at our store, and its a mighty big "if" if we honour them"
We have had rain check scams before... hello 9x 400 dollar bose speakers for 50 dollars each rain check

TLDR.

Target is not a seniority based pay job.

Target is a position based pay job.

New TMs make the same as tenured because it's the same position with the same responsibilities.

If you want a job with seniority based pay, learn a trade or join a union.

If you want to make more money, increase your skillset.

At the end of the day, WE ARE ALL REPLACEABLE! TM's and TL's included. I get what your saying. But at the same time, there are some subtle perks to seniority at Target if you know where to look. I'm not trying to start a war here but just saying the facts. And in one sense, if you're a good worker/TM/TL/etc. you'll have those years of experience to be in a better position. You'll have more knowledge and because of that you'll get more hours (therefore, more money). Seniority is a thing at my store. The only folks getting 40 hours a week (or more...sometimes...) are the ones who have been there for 10+ years and have nearly perfect attendance and actually work hard (and not chit-chat like almost all the newbies do). There are some advantages of being a TM over a TL, I will say that for sure but I will leave that to my own personal opinion. A TL may make more money than a TM, but the TM may know better how to invest their money than the TL, and that's what it all comes down to. End rant.

Crazy right? I was like $7 in 2008 or so. I worked my freakin' ass off for all my raises and all these newbies are walking in and getting basically the same amount of money I'm making now after 12 years of experience. Talk about being unfair.

Your logic is not fully sound, things cost more now, the dollar is worth less than what it was 12 years ago. What you could live off of at $7 an hour then is not what you could live off $7 now.

The biggest folly is targets raise system, they are simply not giving appropriate % in raises. Understandably these minimum wage increases are unprecedented, it is still the fault of the raise system not being able to adjust to inflation.

Your logic is not fully sound, things cost more now, the dollar is worth less than what it was 12 years ago. What you could live off of at $7 an hour then is not what you could live off $7 now.

The biggest folly is targets raise system, they are simply not giving appropriate % in raises. Understandably these minimum wage increases are unprecedented, it is still the fault of the raise system not being able to adjust to inflation.
Lol my raise this year was .11 cents... i was told cause july is the 2 dollar raise so don't feel offended. So i laughed at the raise...

Crazy right? I was like $7 in 2008 or so. I worked my freakin' ass off for all my raises and all these newbies are walking in and getting basically the same amount of money I'm making now after 12 years of experience. Talk about being unfair.

Actually I meant that it was sad that starting wage at Spot had progessed only .75 in 6 years. The first time I worked at Target, Target was known as a low paying retail job. The nearby fast food and grocery stores actually paid more. I only worked at Target because of the discount and willingness to work around my primary job's schedule.

First, Target is a merit based compensation model. It takes in consideration; time, task knowledge/ability, and subjective review. That's it. It's only when you move into a different position will you benefit on a hourly rate. The subjective review carries the most impact and often fails the hardest workers.

Second, any team member making over $13/hr will not fully receive the benefit of the $2/hr increase. Which is ironically what happens when you work under a collective bargaining situation. Everyone is paid the same rate. Only skilled trades and administrative positions start at different rates. Some have service tiered rates, but those are not popular and are rare.

Last point is that Target is only doing this due to the inability to attract labor. If it had more to do with unbelievable amount of job creep that we have experienced over the past decade, the rates would have been tied to the number of different work centers you were able to perform. This type of compensation model was mentioned earlier.

At the end of the day, WE ARE ALL REPLACEABLE! TM's and TL's included. I get what your saying. But at the same time, there are some subtle perks to seniority at Target if you know where to look. I'm not trying to start a war here but just saying the facts. And in one sense, if you're a good worker/TM/TL/etc. you'll have those years of experience to be in a better position. You'll have more knowledge and because of that you'll get more hours (therefore, more money). Seniority is a thing at my store. The only folks getting 40 hours a week (or more...sometimes...) are the ones who have been there for 10+ years and have nearly perfect attendance and actually work hard (and not chit-chat like almost all the newbies do). There are some advantages of being a TM over a TL, I will say that for sure but I will leave that to my own personal opinion. A TL may make more money than a TM, but the TM may know better how to invest their money than the TL, and that's what it all comes down to. End rant.
I agree seniority has advantages, but this is true for any job. Management giving people with a track record of autonomy and good performance more hours is just management not being stupid because that's a low risk practice. If there were a new person who had high performance and was driven, giving them 40 hours a week would be similar, but riskier because there isn't a proven track record there.

In the sense that it earns you more money, it doesn't. Dollars and hours. Seniority may net you more hours and thus more money, but you're still earning the same amount, because you're working those hours.

I'll say it again for the people in the back.

If you're waiting around for Target to be a career, don't hold your breath. If you want to make more money:

Increase your skillset. This is the ONLY WAY to make more money consistently.

I make slightly over $15 now, plus the $2/HR. So when we lose the $2 I will just lose it, the bump won't affect anything but putting newbies closer to my pay. But I'm not upset about it. I was glad to have the hazard pay and full time hours this whole time. Noobs getting paid almost as much as me? That's fine bc I know the job better and will outperform 90% of them, and get better raises next year. If everyone would quit worrying about what the next person has and focus on yourself, you'll find more peace in this life.

I'm so glad I didn't quit this year or last year and head to the one I was intended to do as a teacher. I'm getting paid more than as an assistant. And we're "Frontliners".

Lmao I end up reading an email today that says "the difference between PG35 and PG45 will stay the same in order to offer a competitive wage" so I ask for clarification - "does this mean TL's will be making $19 an hour since the difference is currently $4?"

Answer: "No I think that just means new hires will be making $4 more than their base"

I didn't pry any further because I'm like 99% sure that's not what that means.... lol

Lmao I end up reading an email today that says "the difference between PG35 and PG45 will stay the same in order to offer a competitive wage" so I ask for clarification - "does this mean TL's will be making $19 an hour since the difference is currently $4?"

Answer: "No I think that just means new hires will be making $4 more than their base"

I didn't pry any further because I'm like 99% sure that's not what that means.... lol

You're correct. Pg45 starts at 19.

You're correct. Pg45 starts at 19.
At least $19 for PG45, some metro areas may be higher than $19.

TLs will at least make $4 more than the TM base pay. TL base pay may be more depending on the metro area.

Back