Archived 2015 Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
It been a while for me visiting this forum, so forgive me if this topic has been old news...but,

What happened to the results and store feedback on the Best Team Survey? I haven't heard a thing about my store's results or had any team member feedback sessions. It's been months.

I asked my TL what was going on, and she doesn't know either.

Last edited:
It been a while for me visiting this forum, so forgive me if this topic has been old news...but,

What happened to the results and store feedback on the Best Team Survey? I haven't heard a thing about my store's results or had any team member feedback sessions. It's been months.

I asked my TL what was going on, and she doesn't know either.
They had tl meeabout about it, then buried it quietly. They've let a couple focus area lists slip, but not much.

I think cause it had more to do with Spot as a whole vs. your store they may not have had the feedback as they have in the past. Not an excuse. But I have a feeling the results were not really shared with the store.

I was told our store was great! All of us in the process teams looked at each other and went "what are they smoking?" cause none of us gave good responses.

I'll make sure next year that I take twice as long to take it and care half as much. Because in the past (yes I know things change) we had follow up meetings to try and better the store. Some of which were actually useful and productive. But if we aren't going to have that interaction, to me, the survey is useless.

The problem with the survey, is that it's a tool for poor leaders. Poor leaders manage numbers, not people. To them, the survey is just another number to reach, and they lose the real focus, which is meaningful feedback. I'm sure many of you have seen ice cream parties, and huddle telling you how great target is, and then stops after the survey. It's a number game, and they're trying to inflate that number. Again, avoiding meaningful feedback. Target is full of these types of managers, because that's the environment the company fosters.

A strong leader will create an environment where anyone feels safe delivering feedback to them. If your team dislikes something you do, or disagrees, they should feel comfortable to come challenge you. In an environment like this, you don't need an anonymous survey because you've already heard the problems and addressed them.

This is why they bury those results, because they just don't want to see them. They can't comprehend that they are the cause of that dissatisfaction. For 10 years I sat in meetings where the leadership complained and said "oh the Flow team is just always unhappy and they're ruining our scores" and the first thought when my workcenter was in the 90s for satisfaction was "what did you promise them"

It's a mindset bred in the company from the very core, you can't escape it. Your feedback is probably very important and helpful, but to most etls/stl (generalization), they just place no value on it.

Every year until this year it was the same. thing. Take survey, wait for results, results come in, now do the chat session. All have been exactly the same.

"Well I am the new ETL HR so we are just going to throw these results in the trash and start fresh." Nothing changes.

Now they don't bother with a chat session, I guess why bother if they are going to do nothing. They supposedly got the numbers they wanted and that is all that matters.

We haven't had a chat session two years in a row now. Our BTS scores were up from years past, but that doesn't seem a reasonable excuse.

Our STL and ETL-HR got a binder full of very detailed results. It broke down each question, gave a percentage of how TMs in each workcenter voted, and then said whether it was green or not.

They did small, very awkward chat sessions where she would go over all the negative results and would ask each person individually "So, your workcenter said this. Why do you think that is?"

The problem with the survey, is that it's a tool for poor leaders. Poor leaders manage numbers, not people. To them, the survey is just another number to reach, and they lose the real focus, which is meaningful feedback. I'm sure many of you have seen ice cream parties, and huddle telling you how great target is, and then stops after the survey. It's a number game, and they're trying to inflate that number. Again, avoiding meaningful feedback. Target is full of these types of managers, because that's the environment the company fosters.

A strong leader will create an environment where anyone feels safe delivering feedback to them. If your team dislikes something you do, or disagrees, they should feel comfortable to come challenge you. In an environment like this, you don't need an anonymous survey because you've already heard the problems and addressed them.

This is why they bury those results, because they just don't want to see them. They can't comprehend that they are the cause of that dissatisfaction. For 10 years I sat in meetings where the leadership complained and said "oh the Flow team is just always unhappy and they're ruining our scores" and the first thought when my workcenter was in the 90s for satisfaction was "what did you promise them"

It's a mindset bred in the company from the very core, you can't escape it. Your feedback is probably very important and helpful, but to most etls/stl (generalization), they just place no value on it.

This is one of the truest posts that has ever been posted

My STL got canned mid-July because of poor scores on the "confidence in STL" question and the TL comments among other non BTS metrics and allegations of harassment.

My STL got canned mid-July because of poor scores on the "confidence in STL" question and the TL comments among other non BTS metrics and allegations of harassment.
Well at least the survey did something at your store. Our STL has been here for 14 years. No one likes him including the ETLs, but he's hung on here.

I think it's because we are an outlying store 120 miles from the district office and 80 miles from the closest Target store. I don't think they (corporate) care what happens here.

Our softlines area is a disgrace. I don't know how anyone shops over there. Stuff all over the floor, all mixed up on the racks, I hate when I have to zone over there. I deliberately pace myself in hardlines so there's no time to help over there. Might be a bad attitude, but if no one else gives a hoot, why should I?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back