2019 Price Scanners Refresh

service hubs are gonna be in 50% of stores by q4

myCheckout kiosk isn’t being expanded because guests weren’t using the verifone devices to make purchases

Honestly anything to get rid of those horrid red phones.. we have the price scanners and call box phone all in one tablet now.. the call box phone was the worst piece of tech.. could never get them to clear sometimes

Honestly anything to get rid of those horrid red phones.. we have the price scanners and call box phone all in one tablet now.. the call box phone was the worst piece of tech.. could never get them to clear sometimes
You still have the phones? They took ours out a while ago

My store still has a few lmao, but most of the phone nook whoosits are just a dangling network cable and an ugly patch of yellow glue where the velcro strips used to be

We got these things awhile back. Yes, they like to crash about once a week. Sometimes when they get rebooted, they get reset as the wrong department. Then we all get to play a fun game of figuring out where the guest that asked for help actually is. Also, most the alerts sound the exact same. It gets old fast

My store recently got these as part of our remodel. Another nearby store also got them at about the same time, although they remodeled a year or so ago, and when I was at that store last week, two of the units were already out of commission.

Target should go the Apple Store route and allow self checkout in the Target app, sure there’s a risk for theft but Apple somehow survives.

Meijer has self-checkout in their app. You scan as you go, and then you go to the SCO lanes to bag (I assume so the platform scale can verify the weight) and are instructed to scan your barcode in the app and then to scan a certain number of items from your order as an audit.

Another cool feature: Guests can scan an item, then bring up a QR code that adds it to your cart so you can buy it online.

Seems kinda pointless though because if you’re already in your possession, you’re probably going to buy it in store anyway. I guess if you want more quantity it makes sense.

Another cool feature: Guests can scan an item, then bring up a QR code that adds it to your cart so you can buy it online.

Seems kinda pointless though because if you’re already in your possession, you’re probably going to buy it in store anyway. I guess if you want more quantity it makes sense.

it's really for if you're searching an item and it's not available in store

We got them about a week ago. They really need to change the alert sound lmao. With the old phones it was easy to just hear where a guest needed assistance, whereas now you have to be signed into alerts... if you can even get a device, and look in myAlerts. I would have preferred to have Indyme somehow integrated to the new touchscreens. Overall there’s little accountability.

We got these things awhile back. Yes, they like to crash about once a week. Sometimes when they get rebooted, they get reset as the wrong department. Then we all get to play a fun game of figuring out where the guest that asked for help actually is. Also, most the alerts sound the exact same. It gets old fast

This happened to us, only WITH the phones. Fun times, lol

We got them about a week ago. They really need to change the alert sound lmao. With the old phones it was easy to just hear where a guest needed assistance, whereas now you have to be signed into alerts... if you can even get a device, and look in myAlerts. I would have preferred to have Indyme somehow integrated to the new touchscreens. Overall there’s little accountability.

So call box calls will be under Guest Assistance in myAlerts correct? It will no longer go over the walkie is my understanding. Correct me if I’m wrong

Back