2019 Price Scanners Refresh

I’m not loving these things. The alert sounds just like an order dropping so I think team members are either not hearing the sound OR not logged into MyAlerts. AND our store has several unspecified locations. One night we figured out “other special needs” was in the automotive/ hardware other. A few evenings later, “other special needs” was by the towels on C31. (The guest called the store on their cell phone after setting the alert off several times and not being found. Supposedly hardlines was looking for them.) Only the women’s apparel hub is labeled but I can see that from the service desk.

1) Anyone know how to get these things relabeled? Does AP or someone have access to rename them? I just want to punch someone, but it could be feeling set up for failure making me cranky.

Guess how we found out guests could request an item be pulled and brought to the service desk. That crap pisses me off.

2) Anyone know how to see if all departments are logged in like we can see on the phone status?
I mean all these things are in the instructions on workbench. Just press the button on the back, or unplug it.
you can also use them to generate QR codes to order the item from the guest’s phone right there if you don’t have it.

I don't understand why it can't remember where the scanner is located after a reboot.

My biggest complaint with them is they either are always loading or not remembering the setup if you unplug or restart them to troubleshoot. Also a simple restart by a TM and the whole device then needs to be set back up by a Team lead or higher. Ours will just stay offline because they aren’t worth the trouble right now

We just got these a few days ago and I’m already finding a couple unplugged from time to time. How does that even happen, the Ethernet plugs are in the cleaning stations lol.

I mean, I guess what I would expect is that it keeps the same location once it restarts, but the location can always be changed from the settings. Forcing a leader to set it up each time is dumb, especially given how often they bug out.

I mean all these things are in the instructions on workbench. Just press the button on the back, or unplug it.
you can also use them to generate QR codes to order the item from the guest’s phone right there if you don’t have it.
Thanks. You get time to look things up in Workbench? I’ve only been here a year...last 8 or 9 months mostly at the service desk. We now do returns, drive ups, pick ups, pick up lanes (if i have back up), answer phones, clean up bullseye, help SCO, and more when closing. I learn something new everyday, but will have to figure out when i can sneak away to check workbench. It is good to know that several other stores also throw folks in there to see who can swim and who will sink.

Do they really show OH numbers? To guests?
Yes! On floor and in back numbers. Wish it just showed in stock or not because some guests think we just can’t find $hit when it clearly says we have 5 of them rather than realizing the numbers are off.

Thanks. You get time to look things up in Workbench? I’ve only been here a year...last 8 or 9 months mostly at the service desk. We now do returns, drive ups, pick ups, pick up lanes (if i have back up), answer phones, clean up bullseye, help SCO, and more when closing. I learn something new everyday, but will have to figure out when i can sneak away to check workbench. It is good to know that several other stores also throw folks in there to see who can swim and who will sink.
They do. But my store started this check workday every day to see if training had been pushed to you. So I make it a conscious effort. Also sorry if I came off as rude. It’s more of a lack of communication from your leadership. Granted me being a pipeline team member just took it upon myself to print the instructions off for everyone.

No offense taken. I realize workbench has training (and more after being on Break Room) but only seem to be allowed time when corporate demands everyone is trained on something.

When do you do the training pushed to you? When you check workday? I did one the other night on a device a little before closing announcements (and after I cleaned up & loaded up salvage) but it logged me out at the end so it doesnt look like I did it. :rolleyes:

These have been sitting at TSC for like a month waiting to be put up at my store, how do I make them put them up, I want them so bad

These have been sitting at TSC for like a month waiting to be put up at my store, how do I make them put them up, I want them so bad
They have been sitting above receiving for months now. Seems like something haulted the rollout.

They replaced our call boxes this week. I for one am not going to turn on the alerts on my device, because grocery gets call box requests so infrequently, I heard maybe 2 a month. I'm not checking the device every time it goes off for the 1% chance it's for grocery.

Yo I hate these things I have people coming up to the service desk all day saying “I had x item brought up from the back because it wasn’t on the shelf” and it’s literally never there because no one ever pays attention to the alerts

Back