2020 Modernization Guide

No thanks. I prefer to do majority of the work by myself in my area. So much easier than fixing all the shit that others mess up.

Plus, I am tired of fixing stuff for others --
: flashback in time :

- PULLs that hold new product not pushed by POG
- fake ties that create Pulls that are now backstock
- product lost/left behind in the BR & never even set on the floor
- zones/stocking not completed to standard
- finding baffles/crap zones while doing Instocks tasks
- stocking product -- looking at you gallons of milk -- that other tms are too lazy to push

It all depends on the TLs and DBOs. In areas of the store where they are good, then modernization works. In areas where they suck, then modernization fails. The big problem is that it's almost impossible to have good people in all areas of the store. Whenever I see certain sections of my store pop up in my OPU task list, I start to get preemptively pissy because I know the DBOs and TLs there don't give a shit so I'm going to have a hard time.

No thanks. I prefer to do majority of the work by myself in my area. So much easier than fixing all the shit that others mess up.

Plus, I am tired of fixing stuff for others --
: flashback in time :

- PULLs that hold new product not pushed by POG
- fake ties that create Pulls that are now backstock
- product lost/left behind in the BR & never even set on the floor
- zones/stocking not completed to standard
- finding baffles/crap zones while doing Instocks tasks
- stocking product -- looking at you gallons of milk -- that other tms are too lazy to push

- REV tied but never set. We had one POG person (or more than one?) who was TERRIBLE at tying stuff, and then not actually moving the product around. I can actually think of 2 who have done it over the years. Probably more than two.
- Shit carts everywhere. Dumped all over the BR.
- Reshop dumped everywhere on the salesfloor. abandoned reshop carts.
- Empty aisles with full BRs.

I can't imagine being responsible for a Process anymore. Freaking nightmare. Some of the bull shit I have seen.

I am not sure which process/area is worse.
Br, POG, Pricing, Flow...

I used to zone before Research, and pull carts of crap/overstock/mis-stock off the shelves. NO MORE.

- REV tied but never set. We had one POG person (or more than one?) who was TERRIBLE at tying stuff, and then not actually moving the product around. I can actually think of 2 who have done it over the years. Probably more than two.
- Shit carts everywhere. Dumped all over the BR.
- Reshop dumped everywhere on the salesfloor. abandoned reshop carts.
- Empty aisles with full BRs.

I can't imagine being responsible for a Process anymore. Freaking nightmare. Some of the bull shit I have seen.

I am not sure which process/area is worse.
Br, POG, Pricing, Flow...

I used to zone before Research, and pull carts of crap/overstock/mis-stock off the shelves. NO MORE.
Girl...not to mention crap piled on push racks, unused fixturing just left on the salesfloor or stuffed into the fitting room closet.

It's better than it was, but some of this crap still happens even with DBOs.

As a DBO, it's my area to own. My BRLA is like 99%.

I deal with very little bullshit in my area.... at the store level, though, shit is still going on.

Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

Yup.

In my area I hang all folded except for jeans as soon as it goes clearance. Jeans are easier to fold and keep neater, but t shirts, other tops and dress pants need to be hung ASAP. In other areas like kids, everything should be hung - the stuff is just too small and the tables look like crap.

Is this a booklet guide like the original one? When was it sent out? I'm looking to find the recommended changes for GMTL departments, since my store is kinda in a gray area in terms of owning certain things.

Is this a booklet guide like the original one? When was it sent out? I'm looking to find the recommended changes for GMTL departments, since my store is kinda in a gray area in terms of owning certain things.

This just appears to be a list of terms, I'm looking for the org chart for TLs and what departments they own. Ex. Depending on store size, you may have 3 GMTLs, and GMTL 1 would have transition presentation, essentials, and pets.

Pretty much on that answer. Spot says figure it out & go with.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? There should be a specific list of which departments each team lead is responsible for; the post you linked does not mention this at all. It mentions the departments, and the titles, but not who owns them.

Who owns what is going to vary from store to store. It is going to depend mostly on store volume, the higher the volume the more TLs, the stores layout, ect. @allnew2 leadership roles is going to be different because her store is much larger then mine with 10 etls and 22 tls, compared to my stores 4 etls and 11 tls.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean? There should be a specific list of which departments each team lead is responsible for; the post you linked does not mention this at all. It mentions the departments, and the titles, but not who owns them.
AE 19 had org charts. AE20 changed everything.
From the store modernization thread.
There will be elevated position in Food, Home, Beauty and Electronics. They will have more responsibility then a team member but not as much as a lead. They will paid more then a team member. There is anothe pay lift his summer and these changes will be reflected then.

For the GSA position all cashiers should be at the level of a GSA. If not they shouldnā€™t be at Target. Post rollout the GSA will only be by themselves the first 3 hours and the last 3 hours of the day max. All other times the ETL and/or TL will be there.

Depends if the size is the store like they mentioned. Obviously if you make 40-50 mil you are not gonna have the same roles as my store . I have 2 inbound Tl, 2 p1 Tl one owns hba, the other paper pets and chem, then 2 for market so long and so forth. So ask your store director or hr for your store count .

Some info
Do you have the org chart for 2020? The image you posted is from the chain rollout from 2018-19, it also doesn't reflect the paygrade changes you're talking about? That image has everyone at PG35, which is standard base pay. 45 is TL.

Depends if the size is the store like they mentioned. Obviously if you make 40-50 mil you are not gonna have the same roles as my store . I have 2 inbound Tl, 2 p1 Tl one owns hba, the other paper pets and chem, then 2 for market so long and so forth. So ask your store director or hr for your store count .
Yeah I get that, but the Stores Modernization guide booklet they sent out also had org charts for all versions of stores, and the areas they oversee. So while not all stores may have an Inbound TL, the guide accounted for that and included who owned what in that situation.

I was just wanting to see the 2020 version as the only thing I've seen was an email from my OD that said "yo Sr ETL is coming back and your store isn't impacted, that is all".

For example, here's some of the ranges for GMTL options from the old book...

Attachments

• 41e6410.jpg
    41e6410.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • ea94a67.jpg
    ea94a67.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Do you have the org chart for 2020? The image you posted is from the chain rollout from 2018-19, it also doesn't reflect the paygrade changes you're talking about? That image has everyone at PG35, which is standard base pay. 45 is TL.
Those paygrades of 35 & 45 remains in place.

AE 19 had org charts. AE20 changed everything.
From the store modernization thread.
There will be elevated position in Food, Home, Beauty and Electronics. They will have more responsibility then a team member but not as much as a lead. They will paid more then a team member. There is another pay lift this summer and these changes will be reflected then.
Those paygrades of 35 & 45 remains in place.
Those elevated postions will be paygrade 35 but be paid a job differential? Like how it was pre-modernization for some positions.

Those elevated postions will be paygrade 35 but be paid a job differential? Like how it was pre-modernization for some positions.
Pre modernization had different pay grades for different positions on the TM level, a differential wasn't used but actual different pay grades. Ex. Brand TM or Electronics TM had higher pay grades than base.

It used to be 30 (TM) > 35 (brand/specialty) > 40 (TL) > 45 (Sr TL)

But anyway, where is this info coming from?

Back