2021 Team Member Reviews

I bet nobody else had a team member use the N word during their review.

In context, it was them relaying a work story and using a direct quote of what somebody else had said. Probably the best possible case of usage.

But I think you could count on rather few fingers the number of people who have used the N word during their corporate annual review this year.

And yes, the TM was told to never utter that word in the building ever again, even as a direct quote.

So that's what I'm cracking my beer to tonight. LOL.
So what's the N word?

So in another thread I read something about tms receiving bonuses like tls and that it was in the review script. But I had my review and didn't hear anything about it. Has anyone else?

So what's the N word?
Uttering the N word is regarded as the most offensive, demeaning thing a human being can undertake. Using that word is worse than any form of physical violence. The N word has a long history as an epithet against persons who are visually descended from a specific racial origin. Ultimately, using this despicable word is considered worse than any type of physical harm.

So in another thread I read something about tms receiving bonuses like tls and that it was in the review script. But I had my review and didn't hear anything about it. Has anyone else?
Your TL was literally supposed to read it to you. Not much is known, but TMs will be eligible for a Performance Award in the fall. It will not be everyone like the bonuses of last year. That's all of the info for now.

Uttering the N word is regarded as the most offensive, demeaning thing a human being can undertake. Using that word is worse than any form of physical violence. The N word has a long history as an epithet against persons who are visually descended from a specific racial origin. Ultimately, using this despicable word is considered worse than any type of physical harm.
I'd have made the same post if somebody had dropped a C-bomb or some other slur or inappropriate phrase during their review. You're overreacting here.

Crazy how many team members and team leaders actually deserve a high review score but will never get it because there's legit a cap on the number of high scoring reviews you can have.

Some people care about these things so its extra shitty lol
This actually happened to me! My TL delivered my entire review a few years ago like I got DEO and then turned to the last page and saw it was DIO and was legitimately confused. She said she never even double checked it again because ETL and other GSTLs were so certain about it. Turns out our SD needed to cut a DEO and chose me because I was the newest deo at a little over a year of working there.

I mainly felt bad for my TL because she felt awful about it. Even found me the original review document to prove it. She was hung up on it for days. The raise didn’t matter because we were all going up to $11 at that time anyway, so I didn’t mind. It was nice to know my TLs thought I deserved it even though I didn’t get it. I still think about her poor reaction when she saw the DIO. “I promise we love you so much. I have no idea what is going on here.” Lmao

I'm assuming you forgot the sarcasm font.
You have to hit the three dots now to find the different fonts but Courier New is still there.

I remember my first review and my raise. I had retired from a well paying union job. I did not come to Target for the money but it was a huge surprise to learn what retail pay was like. I actually did not stay on after being hired as seasonal because I told them I felt others needed my hours. They called me less than 2 weeks later asking me to reconsider. I did come back. The whole review and raise is a joke. I don't give it any thought anymore. It is out of my control.

I remember my first review and my raise. I had retired from a well paying union job. I did not come to Target for the money but it was a huge surprise to learn what retail pay was like. I actually did not stay on after being hired as seasonal because I told them I felt others needed my hours. They called me less than 2 weeks later asking me to reconsider. I did come back. The whole review and raise is a joke. I don't give it any thought anymore. It is out of my control.
I previously worked union, so I feel you there. I was still retail, but we got automatic raises after working x amount of hours until we hit journeyman pay (union contract). I hit journeyman after a year (which was $7 higher than starting pay). 2 years at Target, and not even close.

My theory is that they justify the reduction because of the covid bonuses they paid out. Everyone got one unless they were on loa.

Back