Archived 3rd interview for ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd interview with DTL went well I thought. I'll be surprised if I dont progress in the interview process.

With a mu background, more than likely you'll be offered logistics. Like someone said before, be sure to give it 150% for 18 months and do everything you can to get promoted, because it isn't a job you can sustain.

There aren't many long term etl logs, because the job destroys your life.

Also, don't have high expectations of moving to the district level quickly, keep in mind they hire 20-30 etls per district per month, and with a bench already developed, it would likely be a while before you moved up, even if you're incredible. Going the stl path would be easier, and more profitable from a time/reward standpoint.

Good luck

Yes I keep thinking I should have went after the STL position in the very beginning but I was contacted by a recruiter and thought that I was headed in the right direction with the ETL position. I mentioned to the DTL that that was the position I was interested in.

Got the phone call today regarding a 4th interview with the GTL same day...today. Phone interview with him and someone in HR.

Sorry I haven't updated. I was offered and took the position as ETL-LOG. Starting in mid 60s with 3.5% bonus option. Shift is from 6am-4pm. Said its the more stagnant position as far as time goes. I won't be LOD closing much.

Any thoughts or advice?

Do ETLS get breaks and lunch or is it just when you have time?

Do ETLS get breaks and lunch or is it just when you have time?

Since ETLs and above are "exempt" (i.e. not hourly), you pretty much have to find time to take a break and/or eat. And even if you're not LOD, your lunchtime may still be interrupted if something is pressing enough.

Yeah I'm used to that kind of schedule so it won't be an issue transitioning.

Hi Jaxon,

How long after applying to the ETL position where you contacted to set up a first interview?

IDK why it's so hard to keep ETLs around. They get paid an incredible amount of money to play around on their phones, sit at a computer, have sex in the office, and boss everyone else around who has probably been there longer. The most 'work' they do is the daily huddle, which is usually a joke.

You can't be serious? Have ETLs been caught doing that? I have applied for several ETL positions and I think thats really unprofessional.

You can't be serious? Have ETLs been caught doing that? I have applied for several ETL positions and I think thats really unprofessional.

My old store had an ETL who used to get VERY drunk fairly often. You could always tell when it was one of those days because while he's normally a very serious person with a "take no shit" attitude, some days he was extremely happy to see everybody and practically vomiting rainbows while copping a feel. He fell off several ladders, dropped more than a few pallets with the stacker, and even managed to fall out of the wave. When I was backroom TL, I had an understanding with my ETL that this guy wasn't allowed in the backroom. I made his equipment keys disappear and had a standing order with my TMs that no one was to lend him theirs.

This guy was a walking time bomb. Every TM knew it and it and it became a running (but very very sad) joke. Our STL would never acknowledge the problem when anyone went to him about it. This went on for almost 6 FUCKING YEARS before corporate got tired of the many many sexual harassment complaints on the hotline and finally fired his ass. In what I'm sure is no small coincidence, the number of workplace accidents dropped like a rock the year after.

Welcome to Target. We are not just random TMs and TLs who like to complain about their supervisors no matter what industry we are in. Since Target's main qualification for ETLs is "have a Bachelor's but it doesn't matter which one, know how to Vibe, work experience not required", we have seen far too many people come through who have no business being in charge.

I don't share the sentiment - my ETL-LOG works really hard, and he leads by example, and knows how to motivate the team. He is consistently outstanding in his job.

I had a quick phone interview and the recruiter asked what I expected to make as a ETL. Based off the info off this site and a search around the web, I told her 55k. She told me starting is 61k, but then told me that I was considered "experienced" because I have operations management experience and graduated from college more than two years ago.

Maybe it might be different for recent college grads vs "experienced" workers, or that I am in the SF bay area.

Glass door can give you good numbers to. Welcome!
If that name is your real name, you might want to change it. We are not an Target offical site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back