Archived 4/1 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen their schedule for the week of 4/1 yet? First week of modernization, yes? Curious to see if I'll finally get more then 4 hours.

That schedule won't post until the end of this week. It is still be written.

I'm sick of everyone acting like the modernization is a zombie apocalypse. You might get more hours, you might not. Are you gonna have to earn your $15? Yes....hell yes. If anything I have learned is to be flexible and be will to learn anything. If your willing to take a risk and see what's in store then sit back and let things happen as they do. If you don't think you can work hard and earn $15 then quit now. Do what is best for you.

I'm sick of everyone acting like the modernization is a zombie apocalypse. You might get more hours, you might not. Are you gonna have to earn your $15? Yes....hell yes. If anything I have learned is to be flexible and be will to learn anything. If your willing to take a risk and see what's in store then sit back and let things happen as they do. If you don't think you can work hard and earn $15 then quit now. Do what is best for you.

I always try to take everything my TL and ETL throws at me with a positive attitude and hustle to get the job done. Though I am still within my 90 days, it seems like I am one of the few that they go to when they need someone to come in or stay late. I don't think I would be the go-to person if I didn't always have this positive attitude.

Lol, goodness, but that 15 an hour won't show up for nearly 2 years.

But your acting as if the process is perfect and the only thing missing is hard work. Yes like in any job you should expect hard work but if you have one call in the entire process is crippled. Hell even if everyone shows up it's crippled. Payroll is the problem. How do you get poeple to be dedicated business owners working two 4 hour shifts a week. How do expect new people that are good looking for a job to come to Target for 32 hours a month and no benefits. I worked in a pilot store and seen days it has worked well, but something in common those days had were extra people working...mostly because a dtl visit was coming the next day. Open dialogue during the pilot was not permitted. You were not allowed to say things weren't going well or offer an idea that makes sense. We were pulled into the stl office and told we would be terminated if we ever questioned it in any aspect. A company that refuses to even listen to problems we encountered is a doomed company.
^This!
I worked in a pilot store and seen days it has worked well, but something in common those days had were extra people working...mostly because a dtl visit was coming the next day.
^And especially this...

I completely get the lack hours vs. Work but everyone is acting like Target is going out of business tomorrow. Remember sales are supposed to give you back hours...I know there has plenty of days where I was the only 8 hour scheduled person and I ask expected to be 100% hands on. I have been told I have to prove work will not be completed with in my hours given so Do I sit in the office and kick it back with the other leads? No! I go put my head down and work. Then I get those hours back.

What about our performance reviews? Are they still doing them? Nobody at my store is saying a word nor do I see them typing them up. What is going on?!

Took me 10 mins to do reviews for my whole department, which is ≈ 20 TMs. Literally, four clicks of the mouse for each one. So much better than years past.

Just looked and my schedule for 4/1 is published. Usually I am scheduled for three 4 hour shifts but always get asked to stay late or come in on other days. The week of 4/1 I am scheduled for five 4 hour shifts. Nor sure if this is due to modernization or they just added me to the schedule rather than asking the week of

How are people not getting this?
The $15 is a sham if hours stay low. It would be WAY better to get paid $8-12/hr and get 4-5 8 hour shifts than work the same amount of days for 4 hour shifts. People are going to be making way less than they were at their original pay, if hours don't go up.
What about making less money overall would motivate ANYONE to work harder?
Saying you make more per hour so we're going to force you to work harder, while drastically cutting hours is bull, and everyone knows it.

Supposed to be $15 by the end of 2020. This is a asants thing though as due to state or local law some stores will be at it sooner, of not already. Knowing Target the raise will come down effective 12/31/2020.

Open dialogue during the pilot was not permitted. You were not allowed to say things weren't going well or offer an idea that makes sense. We were pulled into the stl office and told we would be terminated if we ever questioned it in any aspect. A company that refuses to even listen to problems we encountered is a doomed company.
I've often wondered if the TMs at pilot stores are all just "yes, it's great, super-duper and we all love it!" or if they provide real feedback. Kind of suspected it was the former but hoped for the latter. And now I know.
It's become a joke at my store among some of us - if it would make sense, we can't do it because that's not the Target way.

But your acting as if the process is perfect and the only thing missing is hard work. Yes like in any job you should expect hard work but if you have one call in the entire process is crippled. Hell even if everyone shows up it's crippled. Payroll is the problem. How do you get poeple to be dedicated business owners working two 4 hour shifts a week. How do expect new people that are good looking for a job to come to Target for 32 hours a month and no benefits. I worked in a pilot store and seen days it has worked well, but something in common those days had were extra people working...mostly because a dtl visit was coming the next day. Open dialogue during the pilot was not permitted. You were not allowed to say things weren't going well or offer an idea that makes sense. We were pulled into the stl office and told we would be terminated if we ever questioned it in any aspect. A company that refuses to even listen to problems we encountered is a doomed company.

what? i provide feedback constantly, both to my ETL and SD, and directly to my DTL when he's in store. you just have shitty leadership.

I think this is naive, my store went from 5800 hours a week to 3000 in the last 4 years.

Hours are NOT coming back. Payroll is the easiest metric to control and that is how the company is saving money and pretending to be more profitable then it is. And with the 15$ hour purely PR move hours will be less and less... average hours at my store are 8-10 for tms and have been for 3 months now.

Target as a company does not care about the regular tm. Everyone is replaceable and if you don’t hit whatever unrealistic numbers they expect you’ll be gone, plus it’ll be easier to get applicants because of the 15$.

Also from my understanding cross training is going to be a thing of the past so forget about padding hours working in other departments too.

what? i provide feedback constantly, both to my ETL and SD, and directly to my DTL when he's in store. you just have shitty leadership.

Do you honestly think the your ETL, BPs, and even DTL have any say in the day to day operations of the company? They aren’t even allowed to question the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back