4/12 Miniseasonal set rant

The food shelters will be having a good time with all the chocolate donations.
Kind of sucks that it doesn’t immediately go to donate and goes to salvage instead. It would be easier if we could just give it to feeding America when they come for pickup

remember how much Valentine’s Day stuff we had on Feb 1st ? I venture to say it was still quite full. Two days before quite sold down and last day practically sold out. I don’t think as many people shop ahead as you would like. It’s more like a 4 day whirl wind of last minute sales. You may be surprised how much merch sells from April 8-12. I hope your DBO is scheduled to purge and flex. If you still have loads in steel - that will be your salvage but I predict what is on the salesfloor - WILL sell. Especially the egg hunt stuff - kids needs some fresh air.

remember how much Valentine’s Day stuff we had on Feb 1st ? I venture to say it was still quite full. Two days before quite sold down and last day practically sold out. I don’t think as many people shop ahead as you would like. It’s more like a 4 day whirl wind of last minute sales. You may be surprised how much merch sells from April 8-12. I hope your DBO is scheduled to purge and flex. If you still have loads in steel - that will be your salvage but I predict what is on the salesfloor - WILL sell. Especially the egg hunt stuff - kids needs some fresh air.

This. I remember the week before Easter OPUs last year. It was a shit show. A crazy mass orgy of candy orders. Next week is going to be hell. As I've been trying to explain to my ETL, everyone is going to sell a lot more candy than they think so best not just toss it all up in the steel. Make it accessible for fulfillment or enjoy those red INF percentages.

We sat on all of our Valentine’s Day candy all the way until the day of unfortunately

I had ice on all my car windows this morning.. not everyone is ready for summer yet 😂

Yeah, I know. That's my excuse
The food banks we donate to do not take alot of the chocolate. I know on Monday the 13th it goes 70%. Our store is getting the price change team back together until at least September

Why? Price change has been put on hold until at least the end of this month except for maybe daily labels.

The amount of transition chem I'm getting now is annoying, given how empty chem is. All for the reset and mini seasonal set. This year, they have really screwed us with the amount of chem in seasonal.

My first week of overnight pog setting will be the chem reset. And of course, the entire department flips front to back.

Idk who decides or plans these transitions, but a timely change is unlikely. A messy change, like in stationary, is very likely.

I better check my map for chem if it's moving around this time. I'm going to try to argue for setting this as soon as labels strips come too in since it's so empty. Easy set, even if it moves around.

I better check my map for chem if it's moving around this time. I'm going to try to argue for setting this as soon as labels strips come too in since it's so empty. Easy set, even if it moves around.
We’ve been getting strips super early. I’ve had my 4/12 strips for over a week already.

my store chem is moving drastically, and we cant keep it how it is because some pogs are being condensed etc.

my store chem is moving drastically, and we cant keep it how it is because some pogs are being condensed etc.

It makes sense there would be moves this time, hasn't changed for awhile, it's due. Still easy to set when you don't have to clear any product off the shelves first and fillback after.

Why? Price change has been put on hold until at least the end of this month except for maybe daily labels.
[/QUOTE]

Found out Friday that it starts Monday 4/6.

We didn’t have any valentine candy left at that point. We were putting regular packages candy in valentine at that point.

Back