Archived $8.00 Huggies Coupons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every store has some form of AP. Low-volume, low-risk stores usually just have an APL. Not sure of your volume or risk level, but I'm sure you have someone who answers those "Hardlines 4" calls.

Our LODs were handling them. One of our ETL's agreed about 2-3 weeks ago to be the ETL-AP and we just hired a new AP guy this week. Prior to that, we had no one for over a month. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true...

Our LODs were handling them. One of our ETL's agreed about 2-3 weeks ago to be the ETL-AP and we just hired a new AP guy this week. Prior to that, we had no one for over a month. I know it's hard to believe, but it's true...

If your old AP quit or was termed, then it doesn't surprise me. When our old TPS quit, it took a month or two for us to hire a new one.

If your old AP quit or was termed, then it doesn't surprise me. When our old TPS quit, it took a month or two for us to hire a new one.
Yes, he quit and nobody wanted the job...heck, they were even trying to "recruit" from the pharmacy! LOL! Probably because we've all already passed the necessary background checks~LOL!

Yes, he quit and nobody wanted the job...heck, they were even trying to "recruit" from the pharmacy! LOL! Probably because we've all already passed the necessary background checks~LOL!

*cue "Dragnet" theme

Martin Milner, Kent McCord, where are you when we need you?

I don't think our AP guys mention much to us when it comes to coupons & gift cards. Some of the TMs say they'll accept whatever coupons they get and if something seems fishy they'll mention it to AP after the guest has paid and left. Whats the policy on gift cards? There's a limit on gift cards that a guest can purchase right? Or the value on the gift cards.

Whats the policy on gift cards? There's a limit on gift cards that a guest can purchase right? Or the value on the gift cards.

Our registers won't let you buy more than 2 Visa/AmEx giftcards in a transaction.
Target giftcards? It's a $5 min up to $2000. The problem we had was during Christmas when some
one from a city/state agency was trying to buy $1000+ in giftcards (or fastpacks) & their (public accts) check wouldn't go through. Fun times...

Our registers won't let you buy more than 2 Visa/AmEx giftcards in a transaction.
Target giftcards? It's a $5 min up to $2000. The problem we had was during Christmas when some
one from a city/state agency was trying to buy $1000+ in giftcards (or fastpacks) & their (public accts) check wouldn't go through. Fun times...

I believe there is also a federal law that states that a guest can not purchase more than $20,000(?) in gift cards of any type in one day.

I believe there is also a federal law that states that a guest can not purchase more than $20,000(?) in gift cards of any type in one day.

Yeah I heard something like that too, I thought it was for $10,000 though. A coworker and I were discussing this and he said he was able to ring up a guests for 4 Visa gift cards.
Who knows! :huh:

Yeah I heard something like that too, I thought it was for $10,000 though. A coworker and I were discussing this and he said he was able to ring up a guests for 4 Visa gift cards.
Who knows! :huh:

I wasn't sure of the exact amount. And there was a time when I had a guest who was buying a whole bunch of $100 AmEx gift cards and the register wouldn't let me scan more than four per transaction.

I wasn't sure of the exact amount. And there was a time when I had a guest who was buying a whole bunch of $100 AmEx gift cards and the register wouldn't let me scan more than four per transaction.

Yeah, the limit for amex/visa gift cards is either 4 or 5 per day. Obviously, doing different transactions will get around this but you're not supposed to.

I found out completely by accident that the "prepaid" gift cards need to be scanned twice. Nobody ever told me, but I rang up my first one the other day and accidentally scanned the wrong barcode the first time. Fortunately, the register prompted me to scan the other one or the guest would have had an unactivated gift card :(

There's the UPC barcode & the activation barcode.
Normally you'd scan the UPC first then the activation code but I've been able to scan just the activation code & it rings it up while activating it in one beep.

There's the UPC barcode & the activation barcode.
Normally you'd scan the UPC first then the activation code but I've been able to scan just the activation code & it rings it up while activating it in one beep.
I think the one I had might have been a prepaid phone card rather than a gift card??? I can't honestly remember, all of my days are kind of a blur lately :(

Pre-paid gift cards have a limit of five per guest. I had to point this out for a guest yesterday when she purchased four in electronics and then tried to do five at the checklanes. My electronics team is really good about letting me know when pre-paids are bought back there so I can be on the look out up front.
And thanks for the website on fraudulant coupons. I'll be sure to share this with my GE.

I was shopping yesterday and the register wouldn't take ANY of my coupons...a majority of them were the catalinas and I DEFINITELY had the products that went along with them...bread, eggs, muffins. First, the cashier had to key them in manually because the scanner wouldn't read them, then the register would say "no items available for this coupon". Fortunately, they weren't busy, but it was ridiculous because I had about 15 of them and about 10 I had printed online!

I wonder how many people robbed that store blind :bad:

And if your store doesn't HAVE an ETL-AP or even anyone in AP???

In this particular case, the guest somehow manipulated the coupons so they all printed on the receipt as "coupon" (the GSA thinks she manipulated the print settings to print them VERY light so the scanner wouldn't read them, almost as if she was running out of ink). When they looked up her receipt, she had no "history" of returns so they couldn't decline it on that, but they DID end up declining it. I guess the LOD told her that they needed an ETL's "approval" to do a "cash refund" of that amount (it was close to $400), particularly given the ambiguity of the coupons (which the ETL would also have to look into) and she would have to come back the following day. Needless to say, she didn't come back ;)

The guest probably got the cashier to manually enter them in. If it read something like MFR COUPON 53729900000 $2.00 and it was at the bottom of the receipt it means the cashier K1'd or overode the coupon. If it just reads MFR COUPON $1.00, OR Target Coupon $1.00 and theres not a series of a barcode or numbers then the cashier manually entered in the amount.

I would like to just mention, that most of the people who actually use coupons are good people and aren't trying to scam the store. I grew up in a military family, and my mom used coupons from time to time to help save a few dollars on our grocery bill. If you surveyed people, I bet you would find that the people who use coupons the most are moms and dads, who would never dream on stealing from our store. I would hate for someone to be thought of as in the wrong or dishonest for just trying to save a few dollars.

Last edited:
Agreed. We have lots of regular couponers who are savvy (& even give me coupons I might need).
Unfortunately, we also have regulars who try to scam newbie cashiers & perpetuate return fraud.
They give the others a bad name.

I am a somewhat new team member... and my store just recently started making us paperclip all of the coupons from each large coupon order together. We dont have to suspend the order or make a copy of the receipt or anything, so I dont get why we do this if we dont save the transaction to compare the coupons to. PS I agree with your post, I think most all couponers are pretty good-willed people and dont want to scam us :)

I had someone in the pharmacy today who tried to tell me that we "take competitor coupons for Target brand items". I politely told her we didn't, Jewel did and she threatened to "call corporate" if I didn't take them (they were catalina's from a bunch of different stores and she had a basket full of HBA products, mostly travel-size, which I'm sure would've been free or almost free). I told her I would be happy to call the LOD over to explain the coupon policy to her and she said "just forget it, I don't have time to wait" and walked away, of course leaving the entire basket there for me to put back.

....and most of the coupons would've required an override, which means they wouldn't be tied to the item return value so she would've returned them all the next day for full price.
Yeh, like we haven't seen THAT before....

Okay...I am the coupon Nazi for my store. That's actually what my frond end team calls me (my GE tells me that I think everyone is trying to scam us, and I usually just smile because she sits in an office most of her shift and doesn't actually deal with the ring of scammers who come into our store regularly).

But, according to corporate, if a guest comes in with catalina coupons from another store and they say "Manufacturer" on them, we are supposed to accept them. The only one that I've argued with my LOD about is when they come in saying "Manufacturer" on them but then say "Redeemable ONLY at...". Stupid corporate should actually get into a store that is being hit with scammers and get the opinions of the cashiers who have to deal with them on what should/shouldn't be redeemable.

Has anybody else had problems with Target Web coupons that have funny bar codes? For instance, the Degree deodorant coupons (that on the site say "no trial/travel") have a funny looking scannable bar code, but the numbers to type in the coupon actually work; and they no longer say "no trial/travel"? Anyway, these coupons were actually CHARGING guests $1.49 for Johnny Apples. I told my GE, she accused me of treating people like crap, the guest came to my defense, and the GE supposedly mysupported it. (Funnily enough, though, when I went to look, it's not there!)

But...has anybody else come across these coupons? The three I've noticed are the Degree deodorant, Banana Boat sun screen, and a lotion one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back