Archived $8.00 Huggies Coupons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-paid gift cards have a limit of five per guest. I had to point this out for a guest yesterday when she purchased four in electronics and then tried to do five at the checklanes. My electronics team is really good about letting me know when pre-paids are bought back there so I can be on the look out up front.
And thanks for the website on fraudulant coupons. I'll be sure to share this with my GE.

Any time someone is purchasing a lot of gift cards like that, AP should be notified so they can get optimal video of the person. We had many people in our store that were purchasing gift cards from money obtained through fraudulent tax returns. We have also had stolen cards used to purchase gift cards. Either way, a average guest doesn't buy 9 gift cards in a day, and if they do there up to something.

Any time someone is purchasing a lot of gift cards like that, AP should be notified so they can get optimal video of the person. We had many people in our store that were purchasing gift cards from money obtained through fraudulent tax returns. We have also had stolen cards used to purchase gift cards. Either way, a average guest doesn't buy 9 gift cards in a day, and if they do there up to something.

My wife isn't average but she is a teacher and buys gift cards for her students.
She has over 90 students, it takes a while to get cards for all her kids.

good point, but I think alot of times companies will be buying them for employees

A quick off topic question... is there any way to pull up a transaction after it has been processed, but has not been saved or anything? I mean, like hours or days later?

I don't think our AP guys mention much to us when it comes to coupons & gift cards. Some of the TMs say they'll accept whatever coupons they get and if something seems fishy they'll mention it to AP after the guest has paid and left. Whats the policy on gift cards? There's a limit on gift cards that a guest can purchase right? Or the value on the gift cards.

I am trying to wrap my head around this whole thing, why would we wait until the guest has paid and left instead of just stopping them in their tracks?

good point, but I think alot of times companies will be buying them for employees

A lot of these prepaid cards have websites where companies can purchase these things in bulk, at a very nice discount as well on the activation fees. I don't think a company would send a employee into target to buy gift cards.

I am trying to wrap my head around this whole thing, why would we wait until the guest has paid and left instead of just stopping them in their tracks?

In targets world, its better to build up a case and report of someone instead of stopping them on the spot.

A lot of these prepaid cards have websites where companies can purchase these things in bulk, at a very nice discount as well on the activation fees. I don't think a company would send a employee into target to buy gift cards.

In targets world, its better to build up a case and report of someone instead of stopping them on the spot.
ohhh I see, then we can call the police!

My wife isn't average but she is a teacher and buys gift cards for her students.
She has over 90 students, it takes a while to get cards for all her kids.
Does she buy Target giftcards or Visa giftcards for them?
Either way, GTC to your wife for caring so much about her students!

If she buys the visa gift cards at the lowest domination, I want her job. 90 Kids at $25 is $2250. That's a lot to shell out.

Target gift cards not the VISA (we couldn't afford that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back