Archived 90 Day Review Still a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asuras

Starbucks Shift Supervisor
Having issues with a new team member. Clearly not going to work out. Are 90 Day Review Still a thing? Rarely have to coach anyone. But this situation I really need to or move them along. How many coaching do I need to do to perform a team member out?

Having issues with a new team member. Clearly not going to work out. Are 90 Day Review Still a thing? Rarely have to coach anyone. But this situation I really need to or move them along. How many coaching do I need to do to perform a team member out?

My store doesn't do a 90 day review anymore but some do.

Yes, 90 days is the deadline to terminate them without correctives/final warning.

I recommend you have some documented coaching conversations PDD. Give them a warning that if their performance doesn't improve they will be out of a job.

If all else fails, move on.

After 90 short of disorderly or negligent conduct. It takes 3 coachings to put them on a corrective and then two correctives to put them on a final. Its a long process.

2 months? Better get coaching. At my store, they want to see that you have tried to bring the tm up, and if that is not happening, you let them go.

2 months? Better get coaching. At my store, they want to see that you have tried to bring the tm up, and if that is not happening, you let them go.
Read the question wrong. They have been with us for almost a month. It's a high schooler. She would not take her training seriously. Would brush myself of my trainer off when showing proper beverage routines. They would have their cell phone about (when im not there). Forcing my other closer to do bulk of the work. She would clock in and eat (my team assuming she was late). She has left early without telling anyone.

I can go on. Personally I would just let her go right now. With hours as abysmal as they are. Its just not worth keeping this TM around.

So there is no way for me to terminate them right now while they are within their 90 days.

You MUST terminate them before their 90 days. Coach for all of those things. If the barista is not taking training seriously, don't certify him. He can't work until certified. Once you have coached and see no improvement, you can term. If it goes past 90 days, you start over, and it takes much longer.

Will do, I just wanted to make sure the 90 day thing is still a thing. Because Everytime I bring it up to my HR. They say nope, no longer Target policy or something like that.

How much time must lapse after the third coaching can we start the termination process?

Do I even need 3 coaching during the 90 days to terminate?

Sounds like you already have enough for more than 3, lol. You will want to get with your HR about how much you need. I would think you want more than one coaching for the same thing though. You just need to stay on top of them.

Sounds like you already have enough for more than 3, lol. You will want to get with your HR about how much you need. I would think you want more than one coaching for the same thing though. You just need to stay on top of them.
Is handing them a Self-Termination form an option?

Might be frowned upon.
Frowned upon or goes against legal policies? Maybe not that direct by suggest/imply? Just seeing my options. Obviously I have enough to perform them out. But the process feel like it might drag out at my store.

You can't do that. I should have used sarcasm font. Do as Coqui and I have said.

You can't do that. I should have used sarcasm font. Do as Coqui and I have said.
Alright, thank you for answering my questions. Wasn't clear how 90 Days worked or the requirements to terminate someone within their 90 days. I already have 2 performance coaching done. And will probably go ahead and talk to my HR.

Target wants a paper trail of all terminations in case girl's dad is a labor lawyer.
Make a list of each of the problems, performance vs conduct & start coaching.
As Yetive said, don't certify her if she's not following her training.
If she's still doing the same after a week, move to the next step.
Stay on top of her until she shows improvement or she leaves on her own.

Do not hand them a term form unless they ask. You will be looked at as a leader unable to manage talent. Keep coaching her then let your HR know she's not working out.

Get with your ETL and coach weekly. Worst case, they no call no show out and you have shifts that need covering.

Well she called out tonight...

Well she called out tonight...
Easy.
If she's on counseling, any offense related to what she's already been coached on before can result in another coaching. Get her in an office and let her know she's trending for a more serious conversation.
Your goal should always be for them to improve, so let her know that. You want to see improved attendance, first off. Mention performance as well.

Who knows, maybe she'll turn around completely. I've seen it before.

She was caught by an ETL Face Timing while grabbing more milk (Starbucks) and blocking the aisle. At least she is making it easier for me... Honestly don't understand kids these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back