Archived A few pay questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I recently passed my 90 days, so glad I made it :excited:, and now I'm trying to figure out a few things when it comes to pay.

First thing, today I looked at my direct deposit amount for the upcoming Friday and I noticed that I'm only being paid for the hours that I worked. Now I know what you're thinking "only being paid for the time you worked? Isn't that how it's supposed to be?", yes normally but I worked on Thanksgiving and I was told that we would be paid time and a half + an extra dollar for every hour we worked. I worked from 7:45-3:15a.m. that night so I'm not sure if it will reflect on Friday or if I should be talking to someone. Can someone help clear this up? Also if I am supposed to talk to someone to get this fixed who should I talk to, is my HR a good choice or do i have to wait for the Store Team Leader to come in?

Also my next question is about my current paygrade. After passing your 90 day point are you supposed to get a raise? I'm paid hourly but at this rate I won't even make 10,000 a year. I know that raises aren't often in target and if you do get one it's never much but I've heard that you're not supposed to stay on starting pay after your 90 days so can I just get a confirmation on that? Also if we're not who should I go to talk to for that as well?

Your 90 day review should state if you received any additional pay once you became permanent. If you haven't sat down with a TL about it yet, you will find out then. And it usually takes a couple weeks for paygrades to be adjusted. Sometimes your will get a little extra...sometimes you stay at your base pay. Just depends on your store and your review.

Was your time period on your pay statement for the Black Friday week?

Holiday pay and shift differential show up on a different line on your pay check then regular pay.

edit: I've just looked at my paystub and you should have the following lines on your paystub (under hours and earnings):

- regular: hours worked at your normal rate (this does NOT include anything that falls under the next line)
- Hol premium: this is time and a half for working on holidays
- SFT $x.xx: this is shift differential
- Hol $ Shift: this is the extra dollar an hour they gave us

Does this help clear things up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back