A2

I always thought A2 would suck but after covering a few shifts on it It actually really wasnt. I hate covering B2/B3 more than I do A2.

There's definitely shift differential on A2. Every shift but B1 gets differential. A2 should have the highest differential and make the second most money maxed out. In order of shifts making the most money it should go

B2
A2
A1
B1
Those extra 4 hours put B2 at the top? I always thought A2 would be the highest because of the weekend and night differentials. Interesting, however who wants to work 4 days a week, ew!

ehh? here i believe a1 and a2 get the most differential, and a equal amount. it's such that now even 36 hrs vs 40, A keys actually make a couple dollars more per week than b1. i mean literally like 7. because A keys get a 2.50 differential, and b1 gets nada.

i actually havent thought about b2 in forever, but if anything i think they get a lesser or maybe even no differential? it's only for nights if they get one, rather than "nights and weekends".

A1 and A2 getting the same differential isnt entirely fair on the surface, but it's how it works. Maybe they had trouble keeping A1 people so they increased the pay.

i see b2 should get the most if they get any differential...since it's 40 hrs.

ehh? here i believe a1 and a2 get the most differential, and a equal amount. it's such that now even 36 hrs vs 40, A keys actually make a couple dollars more per week than b1. i mean literally like 7. because A keys get a 2.50 differential, and b1 gets nada.

i actually havent thought about b2 in forever, but if anything i think they get a lesser or maybe even no differential? it's only for nights if they get one, rather than "nights and weekends".

A1 and A2 getting the same differential isnt entirely fair on the surface, but it's how it works. Maybe they had trouble keeping A1 people so they increased the pay.

i see b2 should get the most if they get any differential...since it's 40 hrs.
Damn you guys are getting screwed, its $3 for A1 and $3.50 for A2 here.

Pretty low key, laid-back, hard to retain people and short staffed, constant influx of new people. Typically lack of experienced TM for specialty functions in general. Work until 6am Tuesday morning so even though you are off for 4 it feels more like 3.

Rest of the week you might try to get back to a normal sleep schedule if you have family, just so you can turn around and be completely exhausted Saturday once you get into the AM hours of the shift.

Same shift differential as A1 at my DC.

Probably my least favorite of all the keys I've worked on but to each their own.

Pretty low key, laid-back, hard to retain people and short staffed, constant influx of new people. Typically lack of experienced TM for specialty functions in general. Work until 6am Tuesday morning so even though you are off for 4 it feels more like 3.

Rest of the week you might try to get back to a normal sleep schedule if you have family, just so you can turn around and be completely exhausted Saturday once you get into the AM hours of the shift.

Same shift differential as A1 at my DC.

Probably my least favorite of all the keys I've worked on but to each their own.

i know a guy here who's been working here forever and even has a yellow jacket. finishing out his last yrs before retirement. anyway, he kinda prefers a2 (he's bounced around keys) as he claims theres little to no supervision, noone cares etc.

If you hate your family and like being alone and tired all the time A2 is the best. (I just got forced to A2 😭)
4 days off and you ain’t catching up on any sleep. Even if you waste one days to sleep you’ll still have 3 days off. That’s a personal problem.

4 days off and you ain’t catching up on any sleep. Even if you waste one days to sleep you’ll still have 3 days off. That’s a personal problem.
I would imagine it depends on if you have a spouse and kids and obligations.

My husband works second shift at a DC for another company. He tells me about the guys he works with who have kids and get up at some ungodly hour because they have to, kids wake them up, stuff to do, etc. I don't know how people do it. Or why, lol.

Back