Archived AAR - Accessory Attachment Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this number so difficult to raise?

We have done EVERYthing. Talked to cashiers about selling service plans for things us electronics TMs have little control over (printers, DVD/BluRay players, etc), creating contests, talking up REDcards. We write down every single applicable transaction we make in the boat and if we got any attachments on it. I don't see what more we can do? Our rate was green during the holidays until around the 2nd week of December when it started to drop for some reason, and we are sitting around 45%.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? What is working for you all? Our store needs that green like there's no tomorrow.

my store is lower, due to less traffic. best bet, ask for esp on everything & dont forget the redcard too. i got an esp on a xbox controller & sd card. $4 or $7, sold correctly on help your team goals...

my store is lower, due to less traffic. best bet, ask for esp on everything & dont forget the redcard too. i got an esp on a xbox controller & sd card. $4 or $7, sold correctly on help your team goals...

Correct me if I'm wrong but selling an ESP and SD on an xbox controller means nothing for AAR right? You have to sell the xbox itself, and if you got a controller and ESP with it that's a 200% AAR for that transaction. But a controller with an ESP doesn't factor into the "xbox" score on the AAR report. No one at our store has ever had an understanding otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong but selling an ESP and SD on an xbox controller means nothing for AAR right? You have to sell the xbox itself, and if you got a controller and ESP with it that's a 200% AAR for that transaction. But a controller with an ESP doesn't factor into the "xbox" score on the AAR report. No one at our store has ever had an understanding otherwise.

I was under the understanding that selling a service plan for any eligible item is an attachment right?

I was under the understanding that selling a service plan for any eligible item is an attachment right?

Unless they changed it the AAR only applies to low margin category items like TVs, Blu-ray players, Consoles, tablets, etc.

I know there was a test a while back to push the warranty extensions on home electronics like vacuums and the like but they didn't count for the AAR score.

Honestly, one of the cheap ways to push them is when selling display models. Instead of offering a 10% discount I just usually offered a guest a couple cheap accessories if they wanted. A camera got a 10 dollar SD card and Camera case, etc. It was a method of getting around the system.

Service plans are only one part of the AAR formula. I forget the exact equation, something like Actual item (i.e. camera) x # of eligible attachments + # of SR/P/100. So the more SR/Ps you sell, the better that portion of the formula. During the SR/P training we went to last year, the rep said that each SR/P you sell is equal to 1.5 attachments so selling 4 SR/P=5 attachments.
Our score has steadily been dropping each week since the week after Christmas. We pulled our weekly sales which have been decent, but once we open each department, our sales on the actual tracked item has been very little, but our accessories are having strong sales.

Service plans are only one part of the AAR formula. I forget the exact equation, something like Actual item (i.e. camera) x # of eligible attachments + # of SR/P/100. So the more SR/Ps you sell, the better that portion of the formula. During the SR/P training we went to last year, the rep said that each SR/P you sell is equal to 1.5 attachments so selling 4 SR/P=5 attachments.
Our score has steadily been dropping each week since the week after Christmas. We pulled our weekly sales which have been decent, but once we open each department, our sales on the actual tracked item has been very little, but our accessories are having strong sales.

I never realized selling a service plan is worth more to AAR than selling a simple accessory. Interesting.. However in your following example, wouldn't 4 SR/P*1.5 = 6 attachments for every 4 regular attachments? That's a huge difference though. Ill have to let my team know.

As far as I remember, Attachment scores track any electronic item with a plug or battery. Printers, TVs, game systems, stereos, iPods, cameras. Then a guest must purchase an accessory for that item. Batteries, wallmounts, USB cables, video cables, games, controllers, iTune cards, or ESPs.

I have worked on the AAR alot. Secrets are a few things. 1) lets say you sell the xbox controller with an ESP, it counts towards the xbox catagory. Sell a game with the controller is does not. ESP is the key. 2) Any redcard done in electronics with an item counts towards the catagory. Buy a Itunes card at the boat with an itunes card will get you credit under IPOD. If you complete the transaction with the redcard, not suspend. 3 ) Free giftcards are your best friend. Sell the ESP with that. Tell the guest with the giftcard I am giving you ( most times it covers the price of the ESP ) It cost them nothing for there protection. It has do be the next transaction, just follow the prompts. 4) Cameras, sell the camera, talk to the guest about a 2nd memory card. 1 for pics and 1 for videos. You need to format the card when you start it, that is why.

I have worked on the AAR alot. Secrets are a few things. 1) lets say you sell the xbox controller with an ESP, it counts towards the xbox catagory. Sell a game with the controller is does not. ESP is the key. 2) Any redcard done in electronics with an item counts towards the catagory. Buy a Itunes card at the boat with an itunes card will get you credit under IPOD. If you complete the transaction with the redcard, not suspend. 3 ) Free giftcards are your best friend. Sell the ESP with that. Tell the guest with the giftcard I am giving you ( most times it covers the price of the ESP ) It cost them nothing for there protection. It has do be the next transaction, just follow the prompts. 4) Cameras, sell the camera, talk to the guest about a 2nd memory card. 1 for pics and 1 for videos. You need to format the card when you start it, that is why.
Can you tell that to my electronics folks? I am not electronics & go for anything when I am there. Thanks for the tips!

Is #2 really true? Is this listed on workbench somewhere where I could find it for my team?

If you go onto work bench you can actually see scores and sales for everything like cameras and what not and see where your lacking, and maybe then you can focus on those areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back