Archived About that pay raise to $12...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is true that job differential for GSA and logistics positions no longer exist. Seems like a terrible idea to me.

Everyone is logistics, sales floor, POG and pricing too now though, so this makes sense.
Doesn't seem to be working at my store but in theory it makes sense.
If better performing TMs get more hours it would be fine.

Same for food assistant aka perishable assistant. I only make the same as my fellow market experts.
That's why now I try to take it easy. The hard work doesn't pay off and all these years. Newbies now technically make more $$ than we old timers do if you think about it. Cleaning the cooler floors...yea once in a blue moon. What I tell the team is if you break a bottle of kombucha you gotta clean it up yourself. Cleaning basedecks...when I got time and try to make more hours. If we all get paid the same then we all should get the same cleaning responsibilities.

If we all get paid the same then we all should get the same cleaning responsibilities.

Too bad that doesn't happen(at least in my store). My Food TL, the other PA and I are the only ones that do all the cleaning, research, sales planners, push the truck, backstock, backroom location updates and the pfresh order. The rest of the market "experts" just push and backstock and don't take initiative to do the other things.

To be fair the 50 was want worth it to begin with and no one ever did it for the money. It’s a great stepping stone for TMs who want to take more responsibility and a good GSA has a pretty easy chance of getting the next open TL spot. It’s more of a trampoline and honestly cashiering sucks so why wouldn’t someone rather be a GSA

My TL told me she thinks Cafe is getting dropped to base pay with the new raises but I haven't heard that confirmed. If it is, I'm going to be so mad. I already cover the entire front end on top of doing my job at Food Ave, and obviously there's extra work in food prep/cleaning at the end of the night/etc. I already handle more than what is expected of me but "We're going to expect more out of you than before ... oh but you're getting dropped back to the base pay"

If I could run my store by dictate like an autocrat and give arbitrary raises I would do this:

- move flow to overnight, starting at $14, add at least 6 more
- cashiers make base $16, 25% bump during Q4, all lanes staffed at all times
- GSA base $18, 25% bump during Q4
- add more AP, bump base to $30 and allow them to carry pepper spray
- add more market TMs, base pay $14
- add more electronics TMs, minimum of 6 scheduled during Q4
- add a couple of dedicated phone answerers, full time
- add a couple more plano TMs, base $14
- add 5 more softlines TMs, base $14
- order 100 more Zebras and issue a personal one to all salesfloor, backroom TMs and leads
- pay myself $30 hourly w/0 bonuses, fuck salaries
- bump the TM discount to 25% and the RC discount to 10% during Q4

all positions are full time only, OT available on request, and get a minimum $3 annual performance bump

If I could run my store by dictate like an autocrat and give arbitrary raises I would do this:

- move flow to overnight, starting at $14, add at least 6 more
- cashiers make base $16, 25% bump during Q4, all lanes staffed at all times
- GSA base $18, 25% bump during Q4
- add more AP, bump base to $30 and allow them to carry pepper spray
- add more market TMs, base pay $14
- add more electronics TMs, minimum of 6 scheduled during Q4
- add a couple of dedicated phone answerers, full time
- add a couple more plano TMs, base $14
- add 5 more softlines TMs, base $14
- order 100 more Zebras and issue a personal one to all salesfloor, backroom TMs and leads
- pay myself $30 hourly w/0 bonuses, fuck salaries
- bump the TM discount to 25% and the RC discount to 10% during Q4

all positions are full time only, OT available on request, and get a minimum $3 annual performance bump
How much do GSTMs in your store make?

They did that when they first started the wage increases in 2015. Anyone under $9/hr was bumped up to $9, and then you got your raise on top of that.
this is NOT true you get your raise first then the bump ... so it cancels out the raise.

So in my case I get a 5 % raise just a little over the minimum for my position, so the bump is null in void.
and all new team members will be making 10 cents less than me after 5 years with the company.

this is NOT true you get your raise first then the bump ... so it cancels out the raise.

So in my case I get a 5 % raise just a little over the minimum for my position, so the bump is null in void.
and all new team members will be making 10 cents less than me after 5 years with the company.

Yes, that is how they are doing it this time.
However, back in 2015, they did the bump first, then the merit. It moved me from below $8/hr to $9.15.

They did that when they first started the wage increases in 2015. Anyone under $9/hr was bumped up to $9, and then you got your raise on top of that.
Wasn't how they did it last year, although they were about 6 months apart. I still haven't heard a solid timeline for the $12 (just "increasing starting hourly wages to $12 this spring") nor had my review.

Wasn't how they did it last year, although they were about 6 months apart. I still haven't heard a solid timeline for the $12 (just "increasing starting hourly wages to $12 this spring") nor had my review.

They probably think they would be overpaying us if they did the bump, then the merit....sigh.

My GSTL told me the increase starts 4/29. Guess I will find out Sunday.

I was told it was happening to stores in groups of 600 and we were in the last 600.

Anyone hear about this 600 shit???

There are 2 pay cycles, so every Friday half of the tms get paid. If you are the 2nd pay cycle, you will get your raise 1 week after (along with about 800 other stores).

Pay cycle 1 starts earning raise on April 29 (Pay check may 18). Pay cycle 2 starts earning raise on May 6 (paycheck may 25). About half of tms are on each pay cycle.

Yep...I'm pay cycle 2. And like @GoodyNN said, no word as to when the $12 actually kicks in, even though I most definitely read "spring" as well. Are they hoping (expecting) us to not remember the big news splash this made only a few short months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back