Archived Accepting Expired Coupons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple months ago higher ups were telling us to accept every single expired coupon even if it was 2 or 3 years expired...However, when I asked different higher-ups or my GTSL's I'd get difference answers on the exact policy. Then, I got curious and went to spot.com to see if this whole policy was legitimate, and it wasn't. Spot.com states we cannot accept expired coupons, yet we are? Is this allowed? Also, iPads, can't spot get in trouble with Apple for selling so many iPads to one person? Isn't the limit only 2 a day? We have people coming in clusters buy upwards to 100 iPads per day.

We were instructed to accept expired coupons if it seems like an honest mistake, or is trivial.

ie. Guest has one coupon for $1.00 off, but it's expired, just take it.

Guest has 20 coupons, 19 are perfectly legit, 1 is expired, but otherwise legit - take it.

Guest has 20 coupons, all expired - refuse to accept.

I've never had a guest buy a large number of iPad's, but I'm not aware of any limit, and not sure why Apple would try and put a limit on the number sold.

On iPads, those folks are resellers who buy a lot of iPads. You can limit 2 per guest. But, look at your aar & sales, first.

On iPads, those folks are resellers who buy a lot of iPads. You can limit 2 per guest. But, look at your aar & sales, first.

We sold over 100 of the on ad mini's to a reseller Saturday afternoon.. For the ad price, cause the STL said do it.. But since Sunday at 8am we have had none and had to listen to guests scream at us.. I have straight out told them well Saturday our store manager approved selling our entire stock to someone early at the sale price, call corporate and complain.. I hope they do.. Sure he made sales Saturday by a landslide but everyday since we are tanking cause people walk in and walk right back out.

Current corporate policy is "Be Bold" on coupons. Use best judgement, etc.

Re: resellers

My store's policy is that if they're going to buy for resell, they have to buy at minimum one attachment and a service plan, or two attachments. No returns on the attachments.

My store's policy is that if they're going to buy for resell, they have to buy at minimum one attachment and a service plan, or two attachments. No returns on the attachments.

How on earth do you enforce that? I'm sure they just go to another store and return the attachments.

How on earth do you enforce that? I'm sure they just go to another store and return the attachments.

It sounds terrible, but "the returns don't count against us if they don't do the return here". Direct quote from our STL. If that's true...I honestly wouldn't know. I'm generally too busy dealing with the irate guests caused by those resellers.

It sounds terrible, but "the returns don't count against us if they don't do the return here". Direct quote from our STL. If that's true...I honestly wouldn't know. I'm generally too busy dealing with the irate guests caused by those resellers.
They can't even stop the returns from being done there. The guest just needs to come in with the credit card and not present the receipt when returning the items. Not to mention target's policy posted at the service desk, in view of guests guarantees to attempt a return for every item.

They can't even stop the returns from being done there. The guest just needs to come in with the credit card and not present the receipt when returning the items. Not to mention target's policy posted at the service desk, in view of guests guarantees to attempt a return for every item.

No, but that store can stop them. If I see any guest trying to return a large amount of HBA stuff (toothbrushes etc) with a gift receipt or with a card, I always tell them that I need the original receipt and then apologize. The guest peaces the hell out, and then our gorgeous AP guy tells me I've done a good job. Win-win.

I wish my store would let me refuse returns.

I suppose it depends what let means for me. I have refused them, very rarely. I have seen our Sr. TL refuse them (he did one today actually). I am sure if I refused a return for whatever reason I chose (I wouldn't do so arbitrarily) and he was LOD he'd support my decision. I am less sure the other times I have done so though that if they'd thrown a fit and made me call over a LOD that whoever was LOD at the time would have necessarily backed me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back