Archived Accidents On Target Property

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been working for target for 4 years and have a question regarding team member incidents. 3 months ago I went to a deposition regarding an accident with a remodel contractor. I was the one who filled out the incident report and now I have to go to trial next month and I'm in fear of losing my job. Will I be fired if target and the parking lot property owners lose the case?

So I've been working for target for 4 years and have a question regarding team member incidents. 3 months ago I went to a deposition regarding an accident with a remodel contractor. I was the one who filled out the incident report and now I have to go to trial next month and I'm in fear of losing my job. Will I be fired if target and the parking lot property owners lose the case?

I am not a Lawyer, but I think if you did, there is a good chance that they could find themselves back in court again.

What BigEyedPhish said. That's called reprisal and you'd have good reason to sue them yourself. Just make sure if you feel things are changing that you keep records of everything that's happening if you do need to file something against them.

What BigEyedPhish said. That's called reprisal and you'd have good reason to sue them yourself. Just make sure if you feel things are changing that you keep records of everything that's happening if you do need to file something against them.

Thank you guys. My just so nervous this has been my first and only job and I enjoy the company I just hope those no repercussions when I go testify.

If you did nothing wrong you should be fine! I was a witness in a slip-and-fall case in the parking lot, I filled out an accident report, unfortunately the woman said she was hurt worse than she was and was trying to commit insurance fraud and I had to go to court to testify. but other than that I was fine.

No, they can't fire you for being honest & reporting incidents at work. If your work history is questionable, you might have reason to be concerned. If not, then you'd have a good case for retaliatory termination. If you look up whistleblower lawsuits, you'll see what I mean. Companies have lost big bucks for firing people over this exact thing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back