Accruing vacation problem

Anyone else just stop accruing vacation and personal holiday the last few pay periods? Happened to a few people at my store, and yes I’m going to call tomorrow about it.

Anyone else just stop accruing vacation and personal holiday the last few pay periods? Happened to a few people at my store, and yes I’m going to call tomorrow about it.
I would assume either you are maxed out or not at the required hours to earn. Please let us know what pay and benefits says when you call.

I would assume either you are maxed out or not at the required hours to earn. Please let us know what pay and benefits says when you call.
What does vacation accrual max out at?

I was talking to a fellow TM who was checking her accrued vacation.

She had over 120 Hours!

She is a good worker but has had a lot of medical problems so I don't understand why she doesn't take time off.

In some states if you quit or are fired the company may not pay out your vacation.

What does vacation accrual max out at?

Vac acc maxes out at 1.5 of your annual accrual.
If you accrue 1 week a year, your max would be 1.5 weeks (60 hrs).
If you accrue 2 weeks a year, your max would be 3 weeks (120 hrs).
3 weeks would max out at 4.5 weeks (180 hrs) & so on.
PH works with a similar formula.

Vac acc maxes out at 1.5 of your annual accrual.
If you accrue 1 week a year, your max would be 1.5 weeks (60 hrs).
If you accrue 2 weeks a year, your max would be 3 weeks (120 hrs).
3 weeks would max out at 4.5 weeks (180 hrs) & so on.
PH works with a similar formula.
Person is a hourly TM and been there move than five years so I assume accrues much faster than most.

That being said a lot states you get nothing if you quit or fired.

So I called. Yes I maxed out. I don’t remember this happening before. I won’t accrue anymore vacation or personal holiday until freaking May. Well for me I hit 10 years in April so then.. but Tm 5-10 years you get 80 vac/24 personal holiday. 10-15 years 120/24. Guess I worked so much I hit it faster than ever 🙄

So I called. Yes I maxed out. I don’t remember this happening before. I won’t accrue anymore vacation or personal holiday until freaking May. Well for me I hit 10 years in April so then.. but Tm 5-10 years you get 80 vac/24 personal holiday. 10-15 years 120/24. Guess I worked so much I hit it faster than ever 🙄
Or as soon as you use some. Take some asap. Don’t wait til may.

How long until you start accruing vacation? 3 months? 6 months? I can't find the part that says as much.

I have been in OT since July so no where to add hours. Ironically am using vacation next week because Im going out of town but pissed at this 🙄 thanks y’all
When you get back from vacation, plan another one and take more time off. You want to avoid this happening again.

It may be changing next year.

One change will be the ability to use up to 40 hours of vacation in a week, rather than just up to average hours. Should help with leaving vacation time on the table.

In my store they are denying vacations because they don't have people to cover.

However if they deny it too much TMs will just quit ESPECIALLY if they have no vacation hours accrued.

In my store they are denying vacations because they don't have people to cover.

However if they deny it too much TMs will just quit ESPECIALLY if they have no vacation hours accrued.
If this was happening at my store I'd ask my ETL to give them a good week to take time off and if they said I couldn't any time soon then I would probably call off or ask to talk to my district HR about my work life balance.

Is true if you a put a request for vacation too far in advance it will get "auto denied"

For example if tomorrow I put in a request for March 5 to 8 will get "auto-denied" if is sits in the system three or four weeks.

Back