Archived Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been with Target for about 4 months, I am already becoming a trainer! What can I expect from that? I know there isn't a pay raise but what things will I be responsible for and what things should I know about? I was hired as a cashier, but I am at I.G.S. (Integrated Guest Service) the majority of my shifts. Which I love! I have been considered for a GSA position as well. I highly doubt I will be a GSA yet though. But I was wondering if I could be trained in for 239, and HR. If you have ANY experience in these areas please let me know! I'm also new to this site. I want to be an ETL someday, so I want to be as universal as possible. I am on the good side of all the ETLs in my store. And the ETLHR has my back 110% on everything as well as ETLGE!

Greetings and salutations.
Welcome to The Break Room.

Glad to hear things are going so swimmingly for you.
Do check out some of the threads on the subjects, we have a lot of them.

If you're going to be the team trainer, you need to go through the training manual to see what areas newbies might ask questions about & be ready to anticipate problem spots.
Make sure the training packets are up-to-date & have the training credit/debit/gift cards, copies of the check list, etc.
Know your POS inside & out to be able to demonstrate or give examples of problem-solving.
If you demonstrate proficiency, it will show that you're serious about your roles & could lead to training in other areas.
Take whatever training is offered. It makes you more global (proficient in several areas) & you're more likely to stand out to leadership when they're looking to fill a spot (cash office, GSA, HRTM, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back