Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new org chart says we get TL food and TL food service.

And ETL AP still :)

Strangely the fact sheet says we do the have SFS or the EE innovation or photo...Which is wrong, we do.

That(flex not sfs) and pulling sbux sales will kill us.
Yeah from what I heard, we did $38 mil last year. That SHOULD have bumped us to Org chart 4 and given us a 4am unload (and other benefits), but that doesn't seem to have happened.

Yeah from what I heard, we did $38 mil last year. That SHOULD have bumped us to Org chart 4 and given us a 4am unload (and other benefits), but that doesn't seem to have happened.
We did 37 and got the bump...I believe. Would have to double check on the morning.

Yeah but if we did 38 and then they subtract SFS and Sbux from that, it could easily hold us back (I think Org 4 starts at 37).
No way we did it without sbux counting this year. Not sure what our sbux makes but its more than we grow in sales on average.

As Starbucks is rather independent of the rest of the store operations, its sales should not be a factor in how the logistics, sales floor, etc are operated.

As Starbucks is rather independent of the rest of the store operations, its sales should not be a factor in how the logistics, sales floor, etc are operated.

I don't think you can say Starbucks is independent from the stores operations when those TMs hours come out of the stores payroll budget. When hours get thin, Starbucks gets cut too. (Different from say CVS )

Which leads to my concern. If their sales don't help the store, what's to stop store leadership from gutting Starbucks to just enough hours to be operational/satisfy the partner agreement while not giving them the hours they deserve.

Last edited:
I don't think you can say Starbucks is independent from the stores operations when those TMs hours come out of the stores payroll budget. When hours get thin, Starbucks gets cut too. (Different from say CVS )

Which leads to my concern. If their sales don't help the store, what's to stop store leadership from gutting Starbucks to just enough hours to be operational/satisfy the partner agreement while not giving them the hours they deserve.

In times of payroll cuts, everyone gets cut. Starbucks should share that. You cannot give everyone the hours that they deserve in January/February.

In times of payroll cuts, everyone gets cut. Starbucks should share that. You cannot give everyone the hours that they deserve in January/February.
I disagree to an extent. All the areas that deal with fresh food/drink need to have a well-established baseline of hours so that all the cleaning gets done. No store should ever fail a Steritech visit because of a lack of hours for Deli/Produce/Bakery/Meat/Starbucks/Food Ave., etc.
Honestly? I work beside Starbucks (in the Deli) and NO ONE wants to be cross-trained in the food areas. Our Starbucks is so busy at times, they really need at least 1 person from the front lanes at all times who can respond to backup at Starbucks. There's literally only 2 people in the entire store who are even halfway trained to do that and no ETLs or (non-Starbucks) TLs are trained in Starbucks.

The bottom line is that, unlike most other areas of the store, areas that require a food handling permit don't get help ever. Give them the hours to make up for it.

You just contradicted your original point.
You can't say Starbucks is independent from the store then say they should share in the cuts.

For what it's worth you will notice CVS Pharmacy hasn't been cut from q4 because they are essentially independent of the store operations.

Stores in my district (including mine) have had it posted for a few weeks.

VM would probably be the easiest position ever at my store. We have no mannequins, C9 reinvention, or home innovation bullshit. Just a trend run and a few focals in home, and a softlines dept that is well cared for.

If you have intentions of moving up in the company, it doesn't hurt to apply. Ive already been doing the job for months. By hiring external, they have to learn the basics of Target and the products. I think its a horrible idea not to hire extrnal.

You just contradicted your original point.
You can't say Starbucks is independent from the store then say they should share in the cuts.

For what it's worth you will notice CVS Pharmacy hasn't been cut from q4 because they are essentially independent of the store operations.

No... My original post said clearly.. that their sales should not have an impact on how other areas are operated. Then stated process areas such as flow, plano, etc.

What aspect of Starbucks is impacted by pricing, presentation, etc? None. Hence, why their sales should not be a determining aspect when decidin g when those work centers start their shifts.

Is that more clear?

No... My original post said clearly.. that their sales should not have an impact on how other areas are operated. Then stated process areas such as flow, plano, etc.

What aspect of Starbucks is impacted by pricing, presentation, etc? None. Hence, why their sales should not be a determining aspect when decidin g when those work centers start their shifts.

Is that more clear?

The thing is, Starbucks sales brings in significantly more money than it "cost" in payroll. They help the store more than they hurt.

If you ran Starbucks independently from the store. They would get a lot more hours and other places of the store would get less because at my location they more than carry their weight in helping us drive sales and meet our goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back