Archived Ae2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have SrTLs for logistics and one too many for the salesfloor. All that would be left is pricing or SB/FA. With four GSAs, another GSTL and another TL who gets her closing night doing GSTL, there are plenty of people to cover shifts. Our SrGSTL only closes lanes once every other week at the most.

Our front end count has to be wayyyyy over. We added a couple of gstl's from a store that closed last week. They were training Starbucks the other day. We have hours because it is our busiest time of the year, but it is going to be scary in a couple of months... Which is why I'm trying to suck up all the hours I have right now. Between head count and then switching to payroll based scheduling... We are going to get slammed. Hard.

I work in market as a PA, and market is by far our busiest section of the store. ~25% of our sales come from market and is the ONLY section of our store that is actually up in sales (we are Volume A, Group 3, i think). As of now we have 2 PAs and a CTL and already have an almost unbearable workload.

I was recently (about 3-4 months ago) promoted to PA and have no clue what my future with Target is, as apparently, group 3 stores will only have 1 PA and a CTL it seems (Which in my opinion is ridiculous, and seems as though it will only handcuff the only positive section of my store). I would like to know how they plan for us to get all of our work done when market is pulling in $10-11 million dollars alone...

It would be nice if anyone would tell us what is actually going on, besides just telling the ETLs/TL's so we can all plan our lives around it.

It seems as though market is getting the absolute shaft, once again, even though it seemed, even before these cuts, you were able to just barely manage getting all of your work done.

I just found out today that my store is not even going to have a CTL anymore. For TL I think we are now going to have 1 for Starbucks/FA, 1 GSTL, 1 Planogram/Pricing , 1 Backroom, 1 Flow/Instocks and then 1 for the ENTIRE salesfloor including Electronics, Softlines AND Hardlines.

And IDK if this is going to change after a few weeks and hours are just low right now but starting next week our Market section only has hours from 7am-7pm. This next tuesday I come in to open Pfresh at 7:30am.

@pfreshdude we're losing our CTL too. Our store is taking on all the changes yours is, except for combining SB and FA. We've been starting at 7am too for the past month or so now. Our coverage is down to 7a-9:30p this week and next with an hour gap between shifts. It sucks because I used to take a lot of pride in our section and the work we did, and I guess I still do, but now I've adopted the "what gets done, gets done" philosophy.

Yeah our CTL's position is being eliminated and our market hours have been 7 AM open for awhile now, but last couple weeks there are 30-60 minute gaps between shift start/ends, 9-9:30 PM closing hours, and a lot of 4-5.5 hour shifts.

We are also likely losing our CTL. We have still been coming in at 6 to open Pfresh but haven't been over there til about 4:30-5 PM to close. So leaves a nice cap of 2-2 and a half hours.

All I get hours to schedule in market anymore is a 6-11 or 12 shift and then a 3-8 or 5-9. Percentage wise, food brings in the most sales in my store by quite a bit, but we still get the least hours for the salesfloor. And come to find out, the pre AE2014 scheduling guidelines for PFresh recommended I should have been getting twice the hours I was. I've been getting less than the recommended hours for an ULV store for the past 6 months.

So I recently went from feeling bad that my team and I can't get everything done to being happy that we're getting as much done as we are getting done!

@pfreshdude we're losing our CTL too. Our store is taking on all the changes yours is, except for combining SB and FA. We've been starting at 7am too for the past month or so now. Our coverage is down to 7a-9:30p this week and next with an hour gap between shifts. It sucks because I used to take a lot of pride in our section and the work we did, and I guess I still do, but now I've adopted the "what gets done, gets done" philosophy.

Oh I dont know if they are combining Sbux and Food Ave but if not I would like to know why they are keeping it seperate. Having just 1 TL over the ENTIRE salesfloor is alot more work than Sbux and Food Ave IMO, I might be wrong though

All I get hours to schedule in market anymore is a 6-11 or 12 shift and then a 3-8 or 5-9. Percentage wise, food brings in the most sales in my store by quite a bit, but we still get the least hours for the salesfloor. And come to find out, the pre AE2014 scheduling guidelines for PFresh recommended I should have been getting twice the hours I was. I've been getting less than the recommended hours for an ULV store for the past 6 months.

So I recently went from feeling bad that my team and I can't get everything done to being happy that we're getting as much done as we are getting done!

Pretty sure this is true for alot of stores. Pfresh gets a bunch of traffic AND I always have to help basically every guest that isnt in softlines or electronics because they can never find anyone else to help them.

Has any other stores set ground rules for TLs who are willing to demote due to the new org charts? My store is claiming there's absolutely no demotions for TLs according to our HRBP. You'd think they'd want to keep TLs in one form or another considering the majority of TLs would make really great TMs. Seems like they're putting no value on the team leaders and that's really unfortunate.

Has any other stores set ground rules for TLs who are willing to demote due to the new org charts? My store is claiming there's absolutely no demotions for TLs according to our HRBP. You'd think they'd want to keep TLs in one form or another considering the majority of TLs would make really great TMs. Seems like they're putting no value on the team leaders and that's really unfortunate.

IMO, it is smart move to not allow demotions. In all of my years with the company, I have seen more TL's than I have count "step down", and with all but *one* person, it usually ended in disaster. Usually they became bitter, slacked off, etc. Basically, became a problem.

As a former TL now TM, I can tell you it is a huge hit to take. More than most people realize. I left the company of my own choice and came back, so I really have no bitterness towards Target. However, how do you think TL's basically forced to demote to TM would fee and really don't want to be a TM againl? They would be bitter with the company for life....

I' m a former TL . The best tm's that I work with are former TL's. They better understand the synergy and energy necessary to support the business. I have not sensed any bitterness at all - in fact it's usually the opposite. It is more like gratitude that they were able to stay with a company that was understanding about life/work balance rather than shown the door. Maybe my store is unique in this.

Life/work balance? I don't think I have a good one. Sure I'm working less hours now, but the ones I'm working are concentrated on the weekend. I'm off on days no one else I know is off on. I don't get to see my niece and nephew often enough.

Do TLs who become TMs get the same pay they received as a TL?

IMO, it is smart move to not allow demotions. In all of my years with the company, I have seen more TL's than I have count "step down", and with all but *one* person, it usually ended in disaster. Usually they became bitter, slacked off, etc. Basically, became a problem.

As a former TL now TM, I can tell you it is a huge hit to take. More than most people realize. I left the company of my own choice and came back, so I really have no bitterness towards Target. However, how do you think TL's basically forced to demote to TM would fee and really don't want to be a TM againl? They would be bitter with the company for life....

I understand how they'd be bitter if they were forced to demote, but there are a few team leads who are volunteering to demote and would have no problem doing so. More than half of the team leads at my store used to be team members at the same store, so it wouldn't be a big change for them. We also have several former team leads at our store who have demoted in the past and they are the hardest working team members we have. It doesn't make sense that they would want to completely dismiss the individuals who were once their best team members and worked hard to become team leads.

I need headcount information on a Super Target. Pm me. I have the store fact sheet on hand.

There is no such company rule on Team Leads not being able to demote. I did it 3 years ago, the issue is its a big financial hit ($3 or more per hour) and you have no consistency in your hours. Most stores (and especially fuck bunny HRBP's) claim there is one because it ruins the chance of driving you close to suicide while they are performancing you out. If you could just demote it ruins the fun for your more advanced sociopathic ETL's. Problem is who do you go to if thats their plan for you.

There is no such company rule on Team Leads not being able to demote. I did it 3 years ago, the issue is its a big financial hit ($3 or more per hour) and you have no consistency in your hours. Most stores (and especially fuck bunny HRBP's) claim there is one because it ruins the chance of driving you close to suicide while they are performancing you out. If you could just demote it ruins the fun for your more advanced sociopathic ETL's. Problem is who do you go to if thats their plan for you.

I don't know how most stores run, but a majority of TLs who have gotten performance out would have been horrible TMs. Like previous people have said, often times the huge lack in pay and consistent hours is a big hit to most people and will eventually lead to disengagement. Not only that, but the TL knows things about the TMs and what management thinks of their performance, and probable plans for them. Finally, they know the rules around performance, and can many times work the system (dealing with that now)...

Has anyone's store shifted the ownership of salesplans and adjacency to the planogram team? I'm curious how is working. My concern is that they will take payroll away from the salesfloor, when the salesfloor (at least for me) does not get any added payroll for SPs to begin with. Each week this month has had the same payroll allocation and anywhere from 16 to 158 salesplans per week. I asked the ETL HR if the department gets any added payroll based of the adjacency calendar for SPs, their answer was no.

According to my DTL, all the adjacency hours will go to presentation. Instead of hiring a bunch of new TMs to do the salesplanner workload, the TLs or some salesfloor tms will be scheduled under pog hours to do salesplanners, help with department transitions, and help out during heavy weeks. This might mean coming in at 4am (or whatever time your pog team comes in) or simply working pog from 8-12 and then sales floor from 1200-1630. Basically, we will have to get very creative with scheduling.

On a somewhat related note, I'm so done with salesplanners at this point. Especially in grocery. I don't have the manpower to keep resetting all my grocery ends every 3 weeks. They all used to come up every 4 weeks, but I can't even get all of them built anymore before new ones fall into the system. Add to that being the PA for every morning shift I work with no mid...this routine is getting really old really fast.

Alrighty, rebumping this old thing since I learned of a load of crap going on in my store, shared it in chat, and @commiecorvus said it was the AE14 deadline coming up so I figured I'd share.

Alrighty, so my store currently has STL, ETL-HR (who just left), ETL-Sales Floor, ETL-AP, ETL-Rx, ETL-4AM flow people I don't know his official title, and ETL-GE.

We have 2 Senior TLs (One from hardlines, one GSTL).

1 Market TL, 1 hardlines TL, 1 softlines TL, one or two GSTLs, 1 Food Ave TL, 1 Presentation TL, and no backroom TL.

From what I heard from a reliable source, ETL-HR was recently told to quit or be fired due to a lot of crap going on under her watch. Loads of paperwork not getting done, stuff such as an electronic TM getting fired by the hardlines TL who wasn't even scheduled that day and not on the clock, completely failing to listen to complaints about the softlines TL, and doing nothing to stop the extremely annoying management "buddy" thing that they have, where they all sit in TSC and chat and laugh and not actually do anything on the salesfloor.

My source also told me that there's plans for a massive house-cleaning, which I'm kind of looking forward to. My store's management sucks.
  • The presentation TL used to spend the first half of her shift doing nothing in the office, while the team did their stuff. Then she'd come out halfway through her shift, do work, and since she was never there to make sure they were on task, they'd never finish on time and she'd stay late, racking up overtime. She was friends with ETL-HR who I guess looked the other way. I recall numerous times seeing her still working four hours past her scheduled shift.
  • SrTL of hardlines is just ineffective with making sure people doing their job.
  • The other hardlines TL is disliked by many because he thinks he's an ETL. He has this annoying attitude and has rubbed many people the wrong way. He also fired someone off the clock, which
  • The softlines TL is rumored to have gotten her job only because she's good friends with the former ETL-HR, which I fully believe. Every time one of them comes in, they call the other on the walkie and just hang out together.
  • The GSTLs are ineffective with managing anything whatsoever. They let the cashiers go on break whenever they want, leaving one or two cashiers overall at peak times. They do nothing to stop this.
  • ETL-AP has pretty much made it impossible to stop walk-outs unless their was absolute proof that they had stolen something that they had checked on the cameras beforehand and called the police, at which point the walk-out had already happened.
  • The STL is known in the district as a store-fixer, but she's fairly ineffective at my store because she's consistently doing work at other stores.
  • ETL-GE is just...I don't know what to say.
Basically if the cleaning house happens, my source thinks that all ETLs except for ETL-Sales Floor (since he's doing a lot to actually fix the store, and he was just promoted) and probably ETL-4AM flow people I don't know his official title would be kicked out. He also thinks all TLs except Market and Food Ave would be kicked out.

It's quite an interesting road my store is going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back