Archived After 2nd interview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!
So about a week ago I had my first interview for a hardline sales floor position at a local target here.
I am sure the first one went great the interviewer and I got along very well, after we set up a time for a 2nd interview two days later, The second one went very well to I believe it seems like I answered all the questions in a timely manner and have over 5 years of retail experience with a different company, after the 2nd interview which was later in the evening around 5 PM (Thursday night) she told me HR should call me by Monday or Tuesday with a response to whether or not I had gotten the job.
From what I have read most people tend to get a offer on the spot or soon after..
She also had said they had one more person to interview on friday then they would connact me. Has anyone ever had to wait till Monday or Tuesday to hear about an offer? Or am I out of luck? haha

Last edited:
ASANTS but in my store ig they don't offer a position to you right After the second interview you aren't getting one. Again other stores may be different but mine and most of the others in my district are like this

Time of year can really matter for this. If they are only hiring 1 person and have a few applicants then a wait like this can certainly happen.

What you guys got only two interviews? Damn I had to go through three

In a row.

But I was also offered the job on the spot, but from what I noticed some people did have to wait a bit for a call back

What you guys got only two interviews? Damn I had to go through three

In a row.

But I was also offered the job on the spot, but from what I noticed some people did have to wait a bit for a call back

I've noticed it depends on the position. Cashier? 2 interviews. Salesfloor TM? 2 interviews. Specialty TM like electronics or market? 3. GSA? 3. TPS, definitely 3. Basically the more entry level the position is within the department, the more likely it is to only require 2 interviews. AP is an exception in my district.

I've noticed it depends on the position. Cashier? 2 interviews. Salesfloor TM? 2 interviews. Specialty TM like electronics or market? 3. GSA? 3. TPS, definitely 3. Basically the more entry level the position is within the department, the more likely it is to only require 2 interviews. AP is an exception in my district.
I was interviewed for cashier and I talked to the ETL-GE, GSTL, and STL. Interviewing with the STL was some scary shit

I was interviewed for cashier and I talked to the ETL-GE, GSTL, and STL. Interviewing with the STL was some scary shit
Yeah, my interview for Hardlines was with the ETL-LOG(I guess the Hardlines ETL was off) and STL. The ETL-LOG was over 6 feet tall, and the STL started it off by saying "Hi, I'm Firstname Lastname and I'm the store team leader here."

I nearly had to go get new pants.

Edit: confused the ETLs.

Last edited:
Yeah, my interview for Hardlines was with the ETL-GE (I guess the Hardlines ETL was off) and STL. The ETL-GE was over 6 feet tall, and the STL started it off by saying "Hi, I'm Firstname Lastname and I'm the store team leader here."

I nearly had to go get new pants.
Yeah the STL is a big man, but the very first thing he said to me is "Hi I'm X and welcome to Raider's Nation" as he opened the door leading me inside an office full of Raiders gear which took some of the fear off but boy was he still scary especially when he banged his hands on the table and was like "Do you wanna work at target???????" and it took all I had to not flinch and be like "yEAH I DO"

I had one interview when I applied to Plano. Was offered the position right after,

Yeah guess i just have to wait till Monday or Tuesday to be sure. It was an odd scenario cause she said hr wasn't there at the time pr something then theyvhad one more interview to do so that kind of threw me off lol.

When I first started at spot I interviewed with the sales floor tl and the Etl hr. When I moved to the back I did br tl Etl log and stl

I was offered the job 10 minutes into the interview. Never had a second interview, started orientation a day later. It was super quick. My interview was with the HR ETL. Some people have to come in for a second interview and wait for a response.

I did a phone interview with aTL and then one with mY ETL. The ETL told me after that interview that I'd be hired, assumming the paperwork was in order.

I had two in-person interviews: one with a TL and one with an ETL shortly after. After about 5 min or so, a HR TM brought me into a room and presented me with a job offer, then explained about the drug test and whatnot. I actually had my drug test the same day because it was a Friday.

I was a seasonal hire, so the interview and job offer process was likely expedited due to interview/hiring volume at the time.

When I was original hired as a TM (non AP) I went through two interviews, TL and ETL.

When I interviewed for TPS it was with the ETL AP and STL.

When I interviewed for APS it was with the ETL AP, STL and then APBP. I also had a sit down with the APTL and my investigator but those were more conversations than actual interviews.

I had two as well. The first was with one of the SLTL's, and she's just awesome. She was super chill the whole interview, she swore a couple of times, we laughed a bunch, it was great. Then the interview with the ETL went well, and I got offered the job on the spot.

Also, did you guys have to wee in a cup for a drug test? Because I didn't have to, and ton of other cashiers who were hired around the same time I did had to. They had to go to a nearby clinic to do it, too.

I had two as well. The first was with one of the SLTL's, and she's just awesome. She was super chill the whole interview, she swore a couple of times, we laughed a bunch, it was great. Then the interview with the ETL went well, and I got offered the job on the spot.

Also, did you guys have to wee in a cup for a drug test? Because I didn't have to, and ton of other cashiers who were hired around the same time I did had to. They had to go to a nearby clinic to do it, too.

I was not drug tested but some people were. I was also hired on the spot 1o minutes into my interview with the HR ETL. Others had to go for 2 interviews.

3 interviews for Flow TM.

First was a phone interview (which I thought I bombed because I missed the call and had to call back like 5-10min later. Not the best first impression!)

Second was in person with our salesfloor ETL. She was nice but I hated all of the "tell me about a situation" questions.

Third was simply a formality. Went in, had a 5-10min "interview" with the STL- half of which was just him telling me his history with Target, and he offered me the job.

Yeah the STL is a big man, but the very first thing he said to me is "Hi I'm X and welcome to Raider's Nation" as he opened the door leading me inside an office full of Raiders gear which took some of the fear off but boy was he still scary especially when he banged his hands on the table and was like "Do you wanna work at target???????" and it took all I had to not flinch and be like "yEAH I DO"

I like the pronunciation I do in my head when i ready this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back