Archived After 9yrs and 3 months I am saying so long to spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With everyone leaving my former store I am surprised management is not asking themselves...."why are we losing so many good team members?" no efforts were made to try to keep me or others who have been with Spot for so long. I think the biggest spit in the face was when I turned my two weeks in our HR ETL just said "thanks have a nice life"

Mine just said, "Oh, OK," My TL didn't even know for a week after I gave notice. Apparently that type of info isn't communicated to your direct supervisor? ??

Target doesn't seem to value part time tms that aren't interested in rising to management positions. I am trying to balance this corporate attitude with increased task loads and unpredictable schedules with disappointing pay and vanished benefits. It's getting more difficult to rationalize the job. And in case anyone from corporate notices this post, last night's unload at my store was rescued from complete fustercluckery by experienced part timers who noticed the issues and spoke up, then stepped up.

Target doesn't seem to value part time tms that aren't interested in rising to management positions. I am trying to balance this corporate attitude with increased task loads and unpredictable schedules with disappointing pay and vanished benefits. It's getting more difficult to rationalize the job. And in case anyone from corporate notices this post, last night's unload at my store was rescued from complete fustercluckery by experienced part timers who noticed the issues and spoke up, then stepped up.
yea but they only promote who they want and have no interest in those who want to!

Well stated, and exactly why I quit.

Tommy Lee Jones should make himself available on call for retail workers on their last day just so he can say

I think most ETLs and STLs know that their stores suck and just accept it and/or don't care. That's how it seems like at my store.

It is so sad that Target will only promote who they want. I strongly feel my old ETL-GE never wanted to promote me because of anti Semitic reasons! I cant prove it and they can deny it all they want. I don't work for spot anymore so um to those corp lurkers.... FUCK YOU!

I gave Target my best and got very little in return... I am going to a place that will appreciate my talents!

that's Target for you. I figured out early on that all employees are just bodies hired to perform tasks...like ants. when one leaves they simply re-hire and fill your position without even trying to give you any incentive to stay. i've seen a lot of good coworkers quit Target in the last 2 yrs only to be replaced by slow noobs who simply don't care. it's frustrating

yea but they only promote who they want and have no interest in those who want to!

I honestly don't know how Target decides who they're going to promote and who not to promote. I work with a couple of TL's that are very hardworking and who work in the trenches with the rest of us grunts. But then there are a couple of other TL's who are either incredibly slow or lack leadership and communication skills.

To me, a good TL exhibits the following traits: 1) is positive and encourages fellow TM's 2) recognizes hard work when he/she sees it 3) doesn't badmouth others 4) is fair and impartial and 5) isn't afraid to do the crappy jobs that others avoid. TL's like this are in short supply these days

I heard through the grape vine from a few former team members (who work at other stores now) that our old store might be closing done for lack of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back