Archived Almost escaped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was asked for apply for what would have been my dream job...full time at a production studio in Chicago as wardrobe 9-5 weekends off. so exciting right? I applied got my reel ready and they filled it before I got to my interview. Heart broken. Guess you guys are stuck with me for a little longer now excuse me as I listen to Adele and cry my eyes out <\3

I'm so sorry.
Don't worry, it'll happen.
Sooner rather than later I'm sure of it.

stay positive and never give up,your chance will come and you have to be ready for it,we like being stuck with you for a while,good luck.

So I was asked for apply for what would have been my dream job...full time at a production studio in Chicago as wardrobe 9-5 weekends off. so exciting right? I applied got my reel ready and they filled it before I got to my interview. Heart broken. Guess you guys are stuck with me for a little longer now excuse me as I listen to Adele and cry my eyes out <\3

Don't sweat it, just keep your eye out and be persistent... good things will happen. As my old commander, and the greatest Soldier I've ever met, used to say, "Failure is a choice. You might not succeed, but if you're trying, you'll never fail."

I've had that happen too! I was going for this really sweet call center job and after all of the applications and interview, they turned me down. :( I spent 4 hours of my life filling out that application and doing their walkthrough program

I've had that happen too! I was going for this really sweet call center job and after all of the applications and interview, they turned me down. :( I spent 4 hours of my life filling out that application and doing their walkthrough program

Errr.... believe it or not, call center jobs are actually considered lower than retail jobs.

I honestly would commit suicide before filing a job application for a call center.

Well as StateofTarget knows and a few others at a site, I left Target for a call center job. if you can stick out a long training period (depending on the company, it can be anywhere from 3 to 9 weeks). It does take a certain type of personality to work in a call center though. They look for people who don't have a tendency to lose it at the site of confrontation or who will blow a gasket if they get called a name or our snarked at. Yes these are just people on the other end, but if you think people at Target are horrible, i'd be happy to let you plug into my phone and let you have a listen of who I have the pleasure of talking to each day lol. But to be honest, they are pretty easy to calm down as long as you don't lash out if they cuss at you, but when you deal with billing, people are beyond belief with their behavior. Yes while call centers are considered lower than retail, pay is a bit better (at least from the starting pay of a TM) and plus incentives!(aka bonuses) and guaranteed 8 hour shifts, 5 days a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back