Archived Am I being fired???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was an idiot and misread my schedule and missed two shifts, no call no shows... Now my schedule for the next two weeks says Attached: unpaid vacation. Am I about to be fired???? My conduct is perfect as is everything else. Just be honest with me y'all cuz I am terrified 😅
Please no rude comments I'm stressed enough about this situation as it is.

pgFM7Zg.gif

I've botched my schedule and NCNSed before. 95% of the workforce has done it. The remaining 5% have their socks alphabetized. Just keep doing the right things; you won't be "marked" by this forever.

Question to the OP: Was your posted schedule at your store the same as the online schedule?

Your leadership might forgive one...but two would be hard. Just go in and be honest.

I botched one shift like that...I was doing a bunch of back to back closers and staying past midnight during one holiday season and I thought I was closing. But actually I was scheduled for a mid. I came in and explained myself. And they had no second thoughts.

I've botched my schedule and NCNSed before. 95% of the workforce has done it. The remaining 5% have their socks alphabetized. Just keep doing the right things; you won't be "marked" by this forever.

It depends, some people earn latitude on no call no show. If the OP is seasonal I have a feeling they may be toast

Last edited:
Please stop stressing about what you cannot change. It already happened. Move on. As far as I know it takes 3 consequetive nc/ns to qualify for job abandonment termination, so it looks like you are in the clear for that. I suggest that you calmly Explain your case to hr asap and see what happens, it is in their hands now. Be apologetic and flexible to what they request you do about it going forward.

I'm about the least organized person on the planet, and never missed a work shift in 24 years of my working life. I think your estimate of 95% might be just a bit inflated.

I think the OP would be fine with one missed shift, but two is a harder sell.

ETA: I should clarify that's never missed a work shift because I didn't realize I was scheduled. Obviously I've had illness & injury and family emergencies and other things that caused missed shifts.

Last edited:
Good luck at my store that would have been a coaching or fired! My store would even call you to see why you missed your shift at the time you start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back