Archived Am I the only one that actually LIKES modernization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah im a chem DBO and i only get 27hrs a week and the no cover on my days off i just get to work harder when i get back.
Im also inbound when there call outs so yeah 2 work centers and i still cant get 40hrs

Who are you taking hours from then? Which area? No store is getting enough hours to fully staff the building at all times and complete all tasks thrown on the sales floor folks. Areas that do have enough hours are getting them from other areas, leaving those parts of the store unworkable.
AAA plus store with 95 mil a year I got payroll no one is taking someone’s hours for my dbo. If anything gm hours are being taken away .

I tried oh Elune I tried to stay away from his thread, I know I should just BTFA from it now but alas…

not going to happen,

STORE MODERNIZATION DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. FULL FRACKING STOP. IT DOES NOT WORK.

There I said it, Viper did not work and 85% to 90% of every initiative that this poor sodding company has come up with has failed. Some were utter disasters, some made it out to the stores before they hit with a resounding thud but but Store Modernization has failed we are just rotting from eh inside out. Oh the pictures I could post oh my…

But sales are up !!! BFD the economy is on the up tick. So we can not say End to End is the reason for the increase in sales.

But our stock is up. bwahahah!! WallStreet is reacting to our numbers which here is a shocker we are cooing the books, as a company we are doing everything possible to look profitable. we do that by cutting hours and the number of employees. so less hour more work, Target looks more profitable. and for some of that you can thank the idiot $15 an hour people. WTF did they think was going to happen?

the stores logistics are dead there is no other way to describe it. there is no ownership, concern, care or anything approaching an acceptable level of anything. Every single day I come in to the place I have been at for ___ years I see it worse than the previous day. it takes 10 to 15 minutes to find a tub then get that tub down to the aisles I need to pull in. every single day. this is not productive, efficient, heck it is not even compliant with OSHA, L&I or the local Fire Marshall. But does the STL give a flying rats backside? NO do you know why? their metrics, which no longer include the backroom/logistics, look good so unless one of us dies back their they are not going to care. now how about all those display only boxes that just went out to ____. they were in the back for over 3 months. why oh can you tell me why? no backroom team to take care of all the little crap no one thought of other than the ETL-LOG and us their loyal minions doing what needed to be done to get the job done and to keep the backroom from becoming a death trap. how many poorly stacked pallets do I see sitting in the steel without being wrapped? a lot so so many death pallets up there.

our corporate overlords need replaced before we end up like sears. they among all of retail should have been able to best Amazon but they did not listen to their own people. we are going to fail because those that manage us do not know what we do. our store management team are only looking out for themselves and selling us down the river.

and again End to End, store modernization, DBO and every single thing that has come down from Mr Pepsi job hopper has driven us closer to the edge than ever before.

let the corporate trolls descend upon this with gusto snug in their warm beds while the rest of us hard working people wonder how we will be able to eat with 20 to 30 hours a week.

I get my 39 hours as just a regular ol’ Fulfillment TM. DBOs at my store this week have gotten about 27 hours, so needless to say that every part of the store is a HOT MESS.

I've started using shopping carts again for my Plano work and pulls. And no one has said a damn thing about it.

But you know what, at the end of my shift that fucking cart is emptied out and returned to the FOS. I don't know why it's so damn hard for anyone else to budget their time to clean theirs out. .....Damn part time kids.

please do not cite sears as a comparative example for 2019 target. sears was a trainwreck that completely and utterly missed the boat on all things internet, target is just making operational changes that make you (and lots of other team members) miserable

i am not opining on whether those changes are good or bad. i am just tired of seeing people hold up sears as some great warning story for target when target is doing all the shit sears specifically did not do :|

AAA plus store with 95 mil a year I got payroll no one is taking someone’s hours for my dbo. If anything gm hours are being taken away .
With 95 million it is very believable that you are getting those hours without dipping into the cookie jar, now if you were 40-50 million, ahhh no!

I've started using shopping carts again for my Plano work and pulls. And no one has said a damn thing about it.

But you know what, at the end of my shift that fucking cart is emptied out and returned to the FOS. I don't know why it's so damn hard for anyone else to budget their time to clean theirs out. .....Damn part time kids.
Rebel! F the man! 😂🤣

40 hours a week?? You either are SrTL or above, or you are a liar. No regular TM gets 40 hours a week. Not a closing expert, not a DBO, no one.
Some normal tms are getting 40 hrs at my store. Usually it's the SFS tms and then some Market and GM tms too. Me and the Electronics team are in the high 30s. And I'm guaranteed 40 during our transition next month

I've been fighting that since I started. In Softlines, the fitting room used to be a dumping ground second only to Guest Services as a place for TMs to unload their abandons, damages, and clothes that didn't belong in their area. Signing people would leave carts full of sign holders, VM would leave carts with fixturing and old signs, drove me crazy. My feeling is, why is it the FR person's job to sort your crap? Especially since even before they did away with an official FR TM, we were expected to take care of the areas around us. I bitched and moaned and word got out that I was not having it.

Things straigtened up pretty quickly, but even now people still leave the occasional three tier in whatever area they are working, or roll it over to the fitting room. I just leave it there, not my problem.

I've been fighting that since I started. In Softlines, the fitting room used to be a dumping ground second only to Guest Services as a place for TMs to unload their abandons, damages, and clothes that didn't belong in their area. Signing people would leave carts full of sign holders, VM would leave carts with fixturing and old signs, drove me crazy. My feeling is, why is it the FR person's job to sort your crap? Especially since even before they did away with an official FR TM, we were expected to take care of the areas around us. I bitched and moaned and word got out that I was not having it.

Things straigtened up pretty quickly, but even now people still leave the occasional three tier in whatever area they are working, or roll it over to the fitting room. I just leave it there, not my problem.

I rolled a cart of two into the ETL office of the offending TM. No notes or anything just let their boss not be able to get into their office for the crap. You just have to pick the right time to do that. So that no one really sees you do it. But message gets delivered.

I felt your pain. Somehow I ended up with only FRO shifts for somewhere around two years, maybe every three months I'd get a non-FRO shift. And it was a constant dumping ground for everything. I'd get talked to about the state of the fitting room, I'd do my best to try and keep up, but there's only so much you can do when you work 25-30 hours and the store is open over 100 hours each week, I'd bitch to leadership and nothing would change. I'd get all the tagging done, a Herculean task, get a single day off and the next day I came in there'd be hanging clothes taking up 18-24 inches of bar space needing tags on top of over a dozen torn underwear and socks packages.

I was given opportunity one day to spend an entire shift cleaning out the closet. I was promised that no more fixtures would be allowed in it. It was beautiful when I finished, nearly the end of my shift, and less than five minutes to go to the end a softlines TM pushed an entire cart of fixtures (we were allowed to use them at that point) to the closet. I said nope not the closet and she said "Fine! You put them in the fixture room!" Had she been five minutes later she would have sabotaged my entire day's work.

The only thing that made it change was a new ETL coming in, all of a sudden it was rare that I got an FRO shift because he wanted everyone everywhere. I'd go to the fitting room and gleefully do to them what they had been doing do me, I'd go to the fitting room and the desk would be completely covered with what other people (not me) dumped and the FRO freaking out about people just leaving their shit there and I'd laugh on the inside. Things got really bad there for a couple of months but it wasn't my problem anymore; even when I was FRO leadership wasn't looking at me as responsible for the fitting room because it was equal responsibility with the rest of softlines. And then things got a lot better, as people realized that they couldn't just dump stuff there because they'd have to clean up too. By the time I was getting regular fitting room shifts again the other TMs were a lot cleaner.

I'm glad I jumped ship though before the final modernization mandate kicked in. I had a couple days of the final standard and I freaked out when I saw all the clothes at the fitting room even though I knew it was no longer my problem.

when people push shit up to my service desk i just push it back and passive aggressively let them know i pushed it back to them

I felt your pain. Somehow I ended up with only FRO shifts for somewhere around two years, maybe every three months I'd get a non-FRO shift. And it was a constant dumping ground for everything. I'd get talked to about the state of the fitting room, I'd do my best to try and keep up, but there's only so much you can do when you work 25-30 hours and the store is open over 100 hours each week, I'd bitch to leadership and nothing would change. I'd get all the tagging done, a Herculean task, get a single day off and the next day I came in there'd be hanging clothes taking up 18-24 inches of bar space needing tags on top of over a dozen torn underwear and socks packages.

I was given opportunity one day to spend an entire shift cleaning out the closet. I was promised that no more fixtures would be allowed in it. It was beautiful when I finished, nearly the end of my shift, and less than five minutes to go to the end a softlines TM pushed an entire cart of fixtures (we were allowed to use them at that point) to the closet. I said nope not the closet and she said "Fine! You put them in the fixture room!" Had she been five minutes later she would have sabotaged my entire day's work.

The only thing that made it change was a new ETL coming in, all of a sudden it was rare that I got an FRO shift because he wanted everyone everywhere. I'd go to the fitting room and gleefully do to them what they had been doing do me, I'd go to the fitting room and the desk would be completely covered with what other people (not me) dumped and the FRO freaking out about people just leaving their shit there and I'd laugh on the inside. Things got really bad there for a couple of months but it wasn't my problem anymore; even when I was FRO leadership wasn't looking at me as responsible for the fitting room because it was equal responsibility with the rest of softlines. And then things got a lot better, as people realized that they couldn't just dump stuff there because they'd have to clean up too. By the time I was getting regular fitting room shifts again the other TMs were a lot cleaner.

I'm glad I jumped ship though before the final modernization mandate kicked in. I had a couple days of the final standard and I freaked out when I saw all the clothes at the fitting room even though I knew it was no longer my problem.
OMG all of this!

I straighten the closet constantly, because I need access to the extra hangers and people keep putting carts, fixtures, and random clothes in there all the time. I literally watched my SD roll a huge fixture from the Design For All setup into the closet. I was soooo tempted to say something, but I bit my tongue, waited until he left the area, then took it out and put it in one of the family fitting rooms. The next day it was gone, so thankfully someone finally rolled it into the back. I was going to do it myself but I was so busy I completely forgot. But no way was it staying in the closet. I sort the hangers every shift because I can't stand having them all mixed up, and when it gets too full I take them to the recycle bin in the back.

I've loaded shelves and bars into a cart and moved them to the fixture room, sorting as best I could depending on the state it's in. Time to do that again because the closet is full of shelves. People are so freaking lazy. Also, the bar of TM holds is almost full and I'm about to make an issue out of that very soon.

Yes, hangers. One thing that never got fixed after others got fitting rooms shifts was hanger management. They would pack all the bars full of hangers, there was no way to pull any hanger out without knocking more down, and every week or two I'd fill an entire 3 tier to overflowing and dump them because no one else would remove hangers. And if we were out of one type of hanger everyone else would hang clothes on the wrong hanger rather than run to the back with a 3 tier and grab hangers out of the box. One day I clocked in, and the front hanger bin that looks like a trashcan was sitting at the fitting room - the previous shift ran out of hangers. A nasty looking trashcan near the fitting room, yeah that's brand. The LOD had approved it, actually suggested it when the FRO said there were no more hangers. I grabbed what I needed out of it (since clearly the box in the back had to newly made and empty if they felt the need to rob the front of the trashcan bin and keep it at the fitting room), figured I do them a favor and dump the bin in the box before returning it, and found the box was 2/3 full of hangers. I was so steamed, what the fuck was wrong with the previous TM that she couldn't make a hanger run to the back, and why didn't the LOD tell her to check there first.

I actually hated people putting things in the family fitting room. We had two, and motorized carts couldn't make the turn to enter one of the rooms. So people packed the one they could get in with stuff. Seriously? That's being accommodating to the disabled.

I wear khakis in the spring and summer because I find them lighter and cooler. In fall and winter I go mostly with jeans and cargo pants.

I think it's working well in my store. Some depts. are struggling a bit but over all it's turn out nicely.

Our leadership has "gotten rid of" most of ours 🙃. They removed most of the aisle profile fill group signs so only us few remaining ex brtm's know where they are supposed to be.
Why would you get rid of fill groups? That's crazy and causes a pulling nightmare. We have all our fill groups still intact, as it should be.

i wholeheartedly support front end modernization. life is a LOT easier when you can grab any advocate and throw them anywhere in the front. cash office is the biggest hurdle by far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back