Archived Am I the only one that actually LIKES modernization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, all I ever see are hundreds of people complaining about their jobs and saying “screw Target” and “Brian Cornell is selfish” and “modernization is a failure”

I for one, personally love my job, I consistently get 40 hours a week. Have always gotten 40 a week at the 7 different stores I’ve worked at in the past 4 years. And I genuinely love my job, not just the people I work with, not just my store, but my job. I love what I do. But anyways, that’s not what I’m here to ask.

Seriously, where are my homies at that LOVE modernization? My current store has personally seen a huge increase in sales, our original sales are 8.2% up from last year. We were last remodeled in 2011, and we’re not slated to start until late next year. Nothing has changed, the community hasn’t had any drastic changes, no competitors shutting down, no major construction changes, no leadership changes. The ONLY thing that has changed at my store is the implementation of modernization, and I LOVE it. My department (toys) is currently ~13% in the green, purely because I solidly get to focus on JUST TOYS. I finish my truck every day, I get all my back stock done, my BRLA hasn’t been below 99% in a very long time. Honestly, it just works.
Yet you you didn’t mentioned you are green in price change and salesplaners . And seems like you are not on one for ones and I would love to hear how much you love your job during q4

Yeah, somebody said this a year or so ago and it didn't go so well.

You must be in one of those zebra stores that's staffed properly...
That's exactly it. At my store all areas are understaffed. And now the "team" aspect is out the window. Nobody from toys will go to furniture if a call box goes off, etc etc. And the 'GM' members that don't have a specific area don't really care as much as someone who owns that area, so yeah it's nice that my ubouts I rolled over got pushed that night but now nothings back stocked properly. And no one fifos. .

40 hours a week?? You either are SrTL or above, or you are a liar. No regular TM gets 40 hours a week. Not a closing expert, not a DBO, no one.
Weeellllll. When your one of 3 people in that department it's hard not to hit overtime if they want everything this op model requires to get done !

Yet you you didn’t mentioned you are green in price change and salesplaners . And seems like you are not on one for ones and I would love to hear how much you love your job during q4

I am green on everything. But so much of that is luck of the draw, and timing. At any point it can all go to shit.

:knocks wood:

Weeellllll. When your one of 3 people in that department it's hard not to hit overtime if they want everything this op model requires to get done !

It's not hard to not hit overtime if your store has a zero tolerance policy about it. They tell you to fuck off at a specific time, and if you don't fuck off at that time you get bawled out and/or written up. If you overstay on purpose they can even insta-can you for insubordination. How to yeet around all that I'd really like to know

I like the "idea" of modernization.

However, new hires are like deer in headlights.

Lack of payroll severely holds us back.

It's like a house of cards waiting to fall --- one call out, one double truck, one heavy freight day, one asshole f*cking up your backstock, one heavy workload week (Market, anyone?) - new hires in SFS picking in the backroom incorrectly,
one busy weekend - call outs and back ups... etc.

My district was the one to pilot mod. 3 years ago and we still have our struggles. Payroll is the key factor. Everyone loves owning an area, but we don't have the payroll to do everything.

What baffles me is the DBO routine that was posted a couple of weeks ago on workbench. On paper it makes sense and is great to keep the store looking great, but our inbound team all own an area. Nowhere on their shows when to unload the truck. They are normally scheduled 4 hour shifts. By the time they finish any reshop/zoning, pulling/ working all batches, sign audit, setting the line, and unloading its time for them to leave at their scheduled time.

I know it may seem like this site can be a sink hole of negativity when it comes to mod. I am happy for you to have the hours and tools to do what needs to be done and see sales growth.

It's not hard to not hit overtime if your store has a zero tolerance policy about it. They tell you to fuck off at a specific time, and if you don't fuck off at that time you get bawled out and/or written up. If you overstay on purpose they can even insta-can you for insubordination. How to yeet around all that I'd really like to know
Yeah I was simply using that to stress the fact that everyone on my team has 40 hour 100% of the time. And we nearly have our heads above water. Not that we literally have a hard time not hitting ot

I like the "idea" of modernization.

However, new hires are like deer in headlights.

Lack of payroll severely holds us back.

It's like a house of cards waiting to fall --- one call out, one double truck, one heavy freight day, one asshole f*cking up your backstock, one heavy workload week (Market, anyone?) - new hires in SFS picking in the backroom incorrectly,
one busy weekend - call outs and back ups... etc.
SERIOUSLY! Project ruby is just beginning and we are NOT okay lol

SERIOUSLY! Project ruby is just beginning and we are NOT okay lol
BUT we are in the green for one for ones, leading store in the district, as unbelievable as that feels, my team finished all our pricing Wednesday, (our only non truck day in the week) and the leader usually has us do spls a week ahead . So all in all on paper, for what's being tracked, we're doing alright

My question here is how many trucks you guys get that you love modernization so much ? I mean I get anywhere between 10-14 rdc trucks a week without counting the triples on q4 . I’m in a store with payroll but no amount of payroll would make me say I love modernization , because modernization doesn’t work for team members no matter what. So again if you gonna say you have non trucks day , you shouldn’t even be bragging about being green . Because that means what you don’t finish on your supposed schedule shift as per guidelines you gonna catch up on your non truck day , which isn’t fair .

My question here is how many trucks you guys get that you love modernization so much ? I mean I get anywhere between 10-14 rdc trucks a week without counting the triples on q4 . I’m in a store with payroll but no amount of payroll would make me say I love modernization , because modernization doesn’t work for team members no matter what. So again if you gonna say you have non trucks day , you shouldn’t even be bragging about being green . Because that means what you don’t finish on your supposed schedule shift as per guidelines you gonna catch up on your non truck day , which isn’t fair .

I can't even imagine getting a triple. We're packed to the gills with a double...

Ding, ding, ding!
Most DBO's don't seem to get sufficient hours to properly run their business or have adequate support on their days off.

This and now no one gives a shit about any other person in the building. Oh say Chem needs support to make sure their reset gets done or the extra backstocked? yeah not happening that freight is left to rot. There is freight left everywhere, Style aka Softlines gives no fucks about anyone else in the store no help for SFS/OPU they never have time to help us find stuff in their shit show.

Can we talk about the backroom? Or how fucking horrible it is now. No one gives a fuck if things are backstocked correctly.
What are fill groups? No one seems to know anymore.
Or how about no one cares if clearance is marked.
Or if their audits are done.
or the labels on the shelves are correct or even there.
Flexing things anywhere and everywhere
no one cares that pogs are tied to where they actually put the product.
that people don't seem to know end caps and which ones are odd or even anymore.
Why is guest services doing all the folding from the fitting room? WTF?
Break coverage? Doesn't exist.
Training? What is that, we don't know her.
19hrs of work in a 5hr shift, that is what leadership expects and looks at you with a straight face that is totally reasonable.

I could go on.

So it's working? Ok..

Can we talk about the backroom? Or how fucking horrible it is now. No one gives a fuck if things are backstocked correctly.
What are fill groups? No one seems to know anymore.

Our leadership has "gotten rid of" most of ours 🙃. They removed most of the aisle profile fill group signs so only us few remaining ex brtm's know where they are supposed to be.

Last edited:
My dbo’s get 39.75 . Why is that hard to believe?
Who are you taking hours from then? Which area? No store is getting enough hours to fully staff the building at all times and complete all tasks thrown on the sales floor folks. Areas that do have enough hours are getting them from other areas, leaving those parts of the store unworkable.

Who are you taking hours from then? Which area? No store is getting enough hours to fully staff the building at all times and complete all tasks thrown on the sales floor folks. Areas that do have enough hours are getting them from other areas, leaving those parts of the store unworkable.
They are at super t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back