Archived Amplified Gifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, one of our silver/grey "shippers" in the amplified gifting area has already come down as kids were trying to climb on it. Have any other stores had this issue? We have one between inf/toddler and boys on the floor..not the rug. I have visions of a shopping cart or an electric cart slamming into it...what a mess it would be!!

So, one of our silver/grey "shippers" in the amplified gifting area has already come down as kids were trying to climb on it. Have any other stores had this issue? We have one between inf/toddler and boys on the floor..not the rug. I have visions of a shopping cart or an electric cart slamming into it...what a mess it would be!!
This is the vision I had when I first saw them set up this area, but it hasn't come to fruition at my store yet...

We locked them up for on line orders. We had the softlines TL's promise them to guests when they were in our orders before the truck was unloaded. Oh what a mess.. We found them and hid them.
Our shipment of four was gone before 9 a.m.. I've been harassed by 5 guests for these damn socks today while doing rfid. I really just want the battleships off my floor already

Does anyone remember the gifting towers (they were cardboard and sat on the top of a quad) in Men's a few years ago? They didn't seem like a good idea when I put them up and turned out even worse once I pulled the product. As usual only half of the product was in and of course it was product that went on one side leaving the other side empty. They would have worked a little better if they were filled evenly, but that never happened the product for the other halves came in eventually but never got put on the towers. They looked like an off balanced disaster in waiting all holiday season long. :rolleyes:

Our shipment of four was gone before 9 a.m.. I've been harassed by 5 guests for these damn socks today while doing rfid. I really just want the battleships off my floor already

We had four guests at 8am wanting them while I was already digging through carts of break out to find them. Softlines promised them to the guests, I found them first so the on line orders got them. We have one left. If I don't see it in an order tomorrow I will drop it on the floor. 30 phone calls before 9am, the operator started counting them so it was over 30 cause she didn't count the first few.

We should just be doing "No holds" already at this point since people are going nuts for those stupid things. With on line orders we shouldn't be doing holds.

We had four guests at 8am wanting them while I was already digging through carts of break out to find them. Softlines promised them to the guests, I found them first so the on line orders got them. We have one left. If I don't see it in an order tomorrow I will drop it on the floor. 30 phone calls before 9am, the operator started counting them so it was over 30 cause she didn't count the first few.

We should just be doing "No holds" already at this point since people are going nuts for those stupid things. With on line orders we shouldn't be doing holds.
Or better yet not do onl9ne orders. If they want them that bad they could drag their ads to the store. The company could probably squeeze a few more bucks out of them anyway if their in the sore.

Does anyone remember the gifting towers (they were cardboard and sat on the top of a quad) in Men's a few years ago? They didn't seem like a good idea when I put them up and turned out even worse once I pulled the product. As usual only half of the product was in and of course it was product that went on one side leaving the other side empty. They would have worked a little better if they were filled evenly, but that never happened the product for the other halves came in eventually but never got put on the towers. They looked like an off balanced disaster in waiting all holiday season long. :rolleyes:
Yes, shaped like trees, and the freestanding tree shippers. None of them worked.

Or better yet not do onl9ne orders. If they want them that bad they could drag their ads to the store. The company could probably squeeze a few more bucks out of them anyway if their in the sore.
That's a huge no in my area. The group ops director does not want us cancelling any orders just so guests in store can have a chance. Leaders are supposed to suck it up and deal with the angry guests and let corporate decide when to turn off OPU/SFS for an item.

That's a huge no in my area. The group ops director does not want us cancelling any orders just so guests in store can have a chance. Leaders are supposed to suck it up and deal with the angry guests and let corporate decide when to turn off OPU/SFS for an item.

Those stupid socks were on line for picking, so that is why when we told guests to order them they couldn't, cause they were ordered already. That is the foundation I built my argument on for not allowing softlines to promise them. And I tell guests all the time when I have to send the to a sister store, do a SPU/Flex order and if they cancel it you know they didn't actually have it. You don't stress trying to find it there, they do the work.

Ours survived and I took one home. Its my coffee shelf.

^same! Not sure what he did, but it's holding up fine.

Our massive Melissa and Doug one is so badly placed, the three-tiers that SFS uses can't navigate around it. I'm kind of tempted to ram into it a couple times so we can get rid of it.
36 inches required by ADA, 44 in some instances. Its on the December q4 report or amplified gifting update or something I printed off workbench. I'm tempted to measure ours, but I got the wav around it today...

36 inches required by ADA, 44 in some instances. Its on the December q4 report or amplified gifting update or something I printed off workbench. I'm tempted to measure ours, but I got the wav around it today...
Lol the area where they put ours is 9 tiles wide. Assuming each tile is 1 sq ft, there's no way there's enough space to get by. They should at least push the softlines fixtures farther back from the edge of the carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back