Archived Amplified Gifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our animal one fell apart so they sent us another one filled with animals. -_-

We locked them up for on line orders. We had the softlines TL's promise them to guests when they were in our orders before the truck was unloaded. Oh what a mess.. We found them and hid them.

We shouldn't be promising anything to any guest. That's just stupid. Also, we shouldn't be holding anything and certainly NOT a hot item. Some idiot told a guest they'd hold some HP socks for them and she called up this morning bitching about it. It's first come/ first serve and when they're gone, they're gone. Also, I don't understand how the HP socks are getting in your orders. They've been removed from Target.Com last I looked.

We shouldn't be promising anything to any guest. That's just stupid. Also, we shouldn't be holding anything and certainly NOT a hot item. Some idiot told a guest they'd hold some HP socks for them and she called up this morning bitching about it. It's first come/ first serve and when they're gone, they're gone. Also, I don't understand how the HP socks are getting in your orders. They've been removed from Target.Com last I looked.
I suspect we're getting them as orders because other stores have been INFing them- some of the orders have surprisingly old dates on the collates.

I suspect we're getting them as orders because other stores have been INFing them- some of the orders have surprisingly old dates on the collates.

So basically if you got your request in before they cut it off it just keeps cycling through stores until it's filled?

So basically if you got your request in before they cut it off it just keeps cycling through stores until it's filled?
I don't know for sure if that's how it works, but that's what it appears like to me. I'm sure other people here have a better understanding of how that system works, though.

Yep..... they've been pulled from Target.com. But you can get them on Amazon from $89-$115. I kid you not.

They were in orders the day we got them on the truck, the next day we were supposed to do that stress test so we held them back cause we were not going to be picking orders. So we wanted to have them on hand for at least a couple orders in case they were in there cause they were so hot. I didn't actually work the stress test day and I had a bunch of car problems and asking slipped my mind if those socks were in the orders that stacked up.

I have been sending guests to Hot Topic if they want Harry Potter stuff, they do lots of socks and other stuff for franchises... I probably should check out their web site and see if they actually have HP stuff.. o_O

They were in orders the day we got them on the truck, the next day we were supposed to do that stress test so we held them back cause we were not going to be picking orders. So we wanted to have them on hand for at least a couple orders in case they were in there cause they were so hot. I didn't actually work the stress test day and I had a bunch of car problems and asking slipped my mind if those socks were in the orders that stacked up.

I have been sending guests to Hot Topic if they want Harry Potter stuff, they do lots of socks and other stuff for franchises... I probably should check out their web site and see if they actually have HP stuff.. o_O

We actually have plenty of HP stuff online at Target.com... not the 12 days socks they're after, but plenty of HP stuff. ;)

Yep that's exactly it. And if your OHs are off, you could continue getting the same orders multiple days in a row until its researched or it makes it to another store that actually has them.

Our stuffed animals shipper finally collapsed last night. The softlines ETL set them up on a convertible for now and it actually looks pretty decent. The largest animals are just sitting on the carpet on both sides.

not only are there too many AMP shippers but there are more on the way Dec Wk1, and on top of that there are a ton of red shippers for pjs and other items. its getting ridiculous to the point nobody can walk around, floor pad looks cluttered, and things are falling apart. How do they keep approving shippers?

At my day job, we test those shippers. One thing I keep telling my coworkers that we need to do is to start intentionally running into them with a loaded pallet jack or the forklift, since we don't have shopping carts. The clients don't like hearing that their shippers are crap, though LOL

Does anyone know what's going in the next set of shippers next week? I'm scheduled to work on them and I'm curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back