COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

My Target has roughly 19 positive cases. About 9 positive cases in the last 8 days alone. I believe we hit our peak.
Must be el paso Texas ??

My store has its first positive case. Was just told today, happened few days ago. I am in a state that has not been hard hit...but it is still around even though all states look like they are opening everything up.

Must be el paso Texas ??

Nope It's a Target Store in Chicago.

well first employee just tested positive at my store, wish they would disclose who it was so people would know if they were in contact or not

HIPAA laws prevent this. At most, if you work in the same workcenter or they are able to look on the cameras to see who was close to that person, they could tell those employees they were in contact with a person who tested positive, but they would still not be able to name who.

Alternately, just pay attention to who has suddenly disappeared at work. Might be easy to tell if everyone else is accounted for.

We've had a couple of COVID-19 cases in our store, and a handful who took LOAs. After the most recent notice, I pressed my health care provider to get the COVID-19 testing. Thankfully, my results came in negative.

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases is doing a study on undetected COVID-19 infections. I've requested to be put on the list of people having antibody studies done to see if I was sick without really realizing what I had. So far they've responded asking demographics so presumably they are still accepting applications.

Address is clinicalstudiesunit@nih.gov

Interesting.

My father was in the hospital for seven days with what we were told was the flu in mid-January. He had been sick with what he assumed was a cold for a couple of weeks, and had been home alone for a couple of days when it took a turn and he began having real trouble breathing. Thankfully he realized he was in deep crap and called 911.

He was barely breathing when they got to him. He was sedated and on a ventilator for three days. They brought him in just past midnight on a Saturday morning, and the next thing he remembers is "waking up" on Wednesday morning. In between they tried weaning him off sedation but he would get agitated and try to pull out the tube, succeeding once. When they tried to wean him off the ventilator his heart rate and blood pressure would spike. He also tried talking and would open his eyes and seemed to recognize us. He remembers none of that.

Needless to say, we were all scared. I thought this might be it.

When I spoke to him the other day I told him he should call the hospital and find out exactly how they determined he had the flu, and find out if there is a way he could get tested for antibodies.

Last edited:
I caught what I thought was the weird cold from hell in February, lasted 7 or 8 days. The strange thing was no sinus stuffiness, not even a little, just body aches, exhaustion a sore throat, and a bit of delirium for a day or two. I checked my temp, just in case, went on with life, but I've since found out that 12% of people don't get a fever.

I really hope it was the weird cold from hell. I worked through it as best I could, sent home twice because the managers could see that I was really knocked stupid, met with customers on a desk that was 2 feet, maybe 2½ feet across, along with sucking up knowledge from experienced coworkers, including passing forms back and forth.

I caught what I thought was the weird cold from hell in February, lasted 7 or 8 days. The strange thing was no sinus stuffiness, not even a little, just body aches, exhaustion a sore throat, and a bit of delirium for a day or two. I checked my temp, just in case, went on with life, but I've since found out that 12% of people don't get a fever.

I really hope it was the weird cold from hell. I worked through it as best I could, sent home twice because the managers could see that I was really knocked stupid, met with customers on a desk that was 2 feet, maybe 2½ feet across, along with sucking up knowledge from experienced coworkers, including passing forms back and forth.
Yea we had the cold from hell take out 2/3rds of my department for 3 weeks... i was the only one immune somehow... despite handing off / working with those people.

One at my store after 10 weeks of lockdown. Honestly, I'm surprised we didn't have one sooner. 14+ more people took an LOA and most due back Sunday are extending. I don't know how much longer we can run so short staffed. If they would just let us have overtime...

My Target has roughly 19 positive cases. About 9 positive cases in the last 8 days alone. I believe we hit our peak.
Unless they stopped sending out the texts my store apparently hasn't had any new cases since I posted this. I'm due back for work next week only because I feel it a lot safer now. Anyone else still getting the texts? Last text I get was on 5/14. Last day the most recent TM worked with the virus was 5/11.

The last one I got for my store was May 21st for May 10th date that the TM was last in the store. There were 4 other text notifications before that starting in early April for a March report.

Back