COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

In past few weeks we had 2 cases. I got a call for the first and a msg for second . I’m wondering who all were in contact with them . The msg only says the last time those TMs were at work!

At my kid’s school, they reported 2 cases in elementary school and one in high school. They are calling and asking everyone in contact with the covid positive person to quarantine and continue classes online . it would be a difficult thing to do at Target as there will be a high shortage of TMs . But what if we are positive and no symptoms!! I’m trying to remain calm at work and not to think about all these . Today we had a packed store and zero social distancing !

In past few weeks we had 2 cases. I got a call for the first and a msg for second . I’m wondering who all were in contact with them . The msg only says the last time those TMs were at work!
They told us early on that you would only be contacted and told specifically if it was determined that you had close extended contact at work; otherwise for privacy sake you just get the generic notification.

But what if we are positive and no symptoms!!
You call in and say you've tested positive and stay home. You can still infect people if asymptomatic (or presymptomatic).

Cases are spiking across the country. If you're positive, have symptoms or have been exposed, stay the fuck home. Target still gives you the two weeks if you've got a positive test or are told to quarantine, right?

You call in and say you've tested positive and stay home. You can still infect people if asymptomatic (or presymptomatic).

Cases are spiking across the country. If you're positive, have symptoms or have been exposed, stay the fuck home. Target still gives you the two weeks if you've got a positive test or are told to quarantine, right?
I meant if we are not having symptoms how would we know we are positive ? Are we suppose to test often ?

I meant if we are not having symptoms how would we know we are positive ? Are we suppose to test often ?
Some of it, no one would know. If you have zero symptoms (which, looking at the extremeness of the other end, makes it seem like there would have to be something) and no one around you has symptoms and you weren't near any outbreak sites, you would have no reason to be tested. If you spent the day with Aunt Sally and heard that Cousin Sue visited her three days before and almost immediately showed symptoms, that may be worth getting tested.

Had our first case or two? still not sure if its 1 or 2 Within the past 2 weeks. Kind of shocked we went all this way and just now are getting our first case at the store. My county has spiked hard over the last few weeks. This last week was over double the week before it for cases.

Yep the one who works next to me and I am out waiting on test results since she wasn't great about her mask. And she decided it was a good idea to come to work sick.. And yep it was covid-19. At least she had the balls to call me and admit it..

One tm from my area came back from having it and still walks around with her nose hanging out. If looks could slap she would have palm prints all over her face from the other TMs. Nobody wants to work near her because she won’t keep her face covered.

So I wasnt sure if I should start a thread or jist revive this beast. I was sent home by my SD because my trainee had Covid. She said I am on an LOA and will be paid during a 10 day quarantine. If I fo not have symptoms to call at day 10 and tell them. My concern is she said I will be paid but how much? I need my full pay for rent so. What options do I have? I took vacation next qeek anyway bit she said she canceled it to do the LOA?

Edit to add I always wear my mask properly outside and at qork ans am vaccinated. I also am constantly doused in hand sanitizer so Im not concernwd for me more thst I have no idea how tp do loa sruff?

Last edited:
I didn't know you could be "put" on LOA. I thought you had to request. Must be different for Covid. We haven't had a case in over a month. Everyone now has "allergies" and "sinus stuff" and takes off a day or so. I don't think anybody gets it checked out to see if that's what it is since most are vaccinated.

Right! Thats what I was confused on? I get the reasoning but same I didnt know that was even a thing? I mean I dont mind making sure others are safe if I do have it and I appreciate the forward thinking but I need to keep my roof here :/

I checked mytime and it says no scbeduled shifts for the next 14 days. So idk.

Right! Thats what I was confused on? I get the reasoning but same I didnt know that was even a thing? I mean I dont mind making sure others are safe if I do have it and I appreciate the forward thinking but I need to keep my roof here :/

I checked mytime and it says no scbeduled shifts for the next 14 days. So idk.
Wow, you are lucky. We have had a couple of TM’s test positive and no one else at work was told they had been working closely with these positive team members.

We've had 8 since August 1st. And this was after not having any for 6 months. As far as I know, no one has had to quarantine due to possible exposure.

So I wasnt sure if I should start a thread or jist revive this beast. I was sent home by my SD because my trainee had Covid. She said I am on an LOA and will be paid during a 10 day quarantine. If I fo not have symptoms to call at day 10 and tell them. My concern is she said I will be paid but how much? I need my full pay for rent so. What options do I have? I took vacation next qeek anyway bit she said she canceled it to do the LOA?

Edit to add I always wear my mask properly outside and at qork ans am vaccinated. I also am constantly doused in hand sanitizer so Im not concernwd for me more thst I have no idea how tp do loa sruff?
Get the test done please.

We haven't had a case since late March. If the leave hasn't changed, you will be fully paid for what you were scheduled.

If the test comes back negative then the OP wouldn't have to stay away for the full 10 days, right? The OP would be cleared to return to work immediately, right?

@countingsheep there may be something more than just a quarantine for caution. Keep that in mind, and maybe start looking for a new job, in case that two weeks turns into a lot longer.

We haven't had a case since late March. If the leave hasn't changed, you will be fully paid for what you were scheduled.
Thank you this was my biggest worry I wasnt sure if it was half pay or not! Appreciate this!

Im still really weirded out she just tossed me on loa :/ liie I get being cautious and I guess we are lucky to have a super cautious SD.

This actually is another thing I am unsure on. All the things I have looked uo says to only go to a testing site if you are showing symptoms? And I am not but its only been 3 days since I last worked with the person. So can I still go? Sorry this ehole thing has me all confused.

If the test comes back negative then the OP wouldn't have to stay away for the full 10 days, right? The OP would be cleared to return to work immediately, right?

@countingsheep there may be something more than just a quarantine for caution. Keep that in mind, and maybe start looking for a new job, in case that two weeks turns into a lot longer.
Well thats terrifying -_- but also given spots lovely obsession with screwing people a good cautionary statement.

But a good point bwcause my sd made it clear not to be tested until the 10 day mark which was kind of weird. Im pretty confused atm. Unless this is all mixed up because I had vacation next week?

Last edited:
Back