Archived Any full time college students working at Target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah starting pay varies by location we start around 15 an hr and max out in like two years at 22 almost. With small raises yearly, with transferring from the store you may start out above starting pay not sure, I know if u go to D.C. Then back to store you keep your hourly D.C. Pay rate our benifits are better at the D.C. Also with tuition reimbursement and such, things that are available in the store at a etl level believe are available to everyone at the D.C. Just try to go to anywhere but outbound/shipping if you do

Yeah, I assume that's driving the trucks to and from stores, pssh I ain't got certifications for that. Commuting in itself I kind of don't like, it makes me kind of anxious because people are really stupid on my interstates(there's a few select reasons why I avoid it.)

I'd like to try out working a D.C eventually, though.

Target doesn't employ the drivers. Swift/Hogan are contracted for that. Outbound is loading the trucks for stores that get unloaded for flow. Shipping is....shipping? I don't know on that one. DC is paid more because it is much harder work, physically.

I have a cashier who works ~39 hours with Target, 35 hours at her other stocking job, and takes 15 hours of classes. Lots of staring off into space with that one. I don't know how she does it, she tells me she doesn't really sleep which sounds about right since idk how she would have time to.

I thought I was crazy taking 15 hours and working 39, but she's something else.

At least two of my co workers are only available weekends, as long as you make yourself available on weekends you should be fine, but don't always expect 8 hour shifts because that can vary depending on your work center..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back